MyNissanLeaf outage 21Jun11??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimcmorr

Hello.

I am curious. Does anyone know why this message forum was out of commission yesterday? I received a very obnoxious message saying the account was suspended and asked to contact billing without any kind of contact information. I know it was not directed at me personally. It looked to me like the site had been hacked.

This morinng it is fixed (obviously) but it appears that no one had access from about 12:19 on 21Jun to 06:01 22Jun because no new messages were time stamped within that period of time.

Just curoius. I was suffering withdrawl symptoms the whole time! :eek: :shock: :cry: Now I am better! :D :lol:

Yes, it was down for administrative reasons. wxxyz (the owner) will have to explain further, should he wish to. The reason for the length of the outage....he was otherwise busy at hospital with his wife, expecting the arrival of their new baby! So congratulations to the both of them! :D

BTW, anyone awake super early to try and catch up this morning? Clearly garygid and I did! ;)

mwalsh said:
Yes, it was down for administrative reasons. wxxyz (the owner) will have to explain further, should he wish to. The reason for the length of the outage....he was otherwise busy at hospital with his wife, expecting the arrival of their new baby! So congratulations to the both of them! :D

Thanks, M. And add my congrats to the new parents as well.

Yes, the forum was well missed my many, but "we are pleased" (like the Queen says) to have it back.

In such troubled times ... chocolate helps!

Boy or Girl?
Are mom, baby, ... and dad all OK?
SUPER Congratulations, from ALL of us!!!

garygid said:
Yes, the forum was well missed my many, but "we are pleased" (like the Queen says) to have it back.

In such troubled times ... chocolate helps!

Boy or Girl?
Are mom, baby, ... and dad all OK?
SUPER Congratulations, from ALL of us!!!

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Chocolate, Gary!

Since this is off topic to begin with, may I go farther off and say, I learned Monday from a PSNH employee (PSNH provides electricity to a large part of New Hampshire) that part of our electricity is generated from cocoa shells from a Lindt chocolate plant in NH! :eek: :D

And even some wind power from a local wind farm providing a total of 24 MW from 12 turbines in Lempster NH. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lempster,_New_Hampshire :D I've driven by the site it is a very impressive sight.

I found out about the new baby when I emailed Mike to find out what happened, and his 'auto' message replied about him being with this wife at the hospital waiting for their new arrival.
My 'standby' when the site is down is to catch up with 'Gas 2.0' and 'Electric Car News'. I saw yesterday that Japan will have a 90% '5 minute charger' for Japan and U.S. sometime in 2012! http://gas2.org/2011/06/18/new-tech-promises-fully-charged-evs-in-minutes/ :mrgreen:

I too was suffering from MNL withdrawals!

Regardless, congrats to the parents! Best wishes!

LEAFfan said:
...My 'standby' when the site is down is to catch up with 'Gas 2.0' and 'Electric Car News'. I saw yesterday that Japan will have a 90% '5 minute charger' for Japan and U.S. sometime in 2012! http://gas2.org/2011/06/18/new-tech-promises-fully-charged-evs-in-minutes/ :mrgreen:

WOW! Capacitors! I remember charging a large capacitor, from an old TV I think, and shorting the terminals to get a very large spark.

I imagine the current could be phenomenal! I guess they have found a way to manage that current. Hopefully the wiring in the LEAF can take it. It would not seem that the LEAF was designed to handle that much current on the CHAdeMO port.

Anyone care to speculate about how likely it will be that we see anything like this in the US?

jimcmorr said:
I am curious. Does anyone know why this message forum was out of commission yesterday? I received a very obnoxious message saying the account was suspended and asked to contact billing without any kind of contact information. I know it was not directed at me personally. It looked to me like the site had been hacked.
Definitely not a hack. This was a fairly common message that webhosting providers use when there is an issue. Usually the site owner is emailed separately with additional information.

DarkStar said:
jimcmorr said:
Definitely not a hack. This was a fairly common message that webhosting providers use when there is an issue. Usually the site owner is emailed separately with additional information.

That is good to know. Thanks!

I too was on withdrawal.

Did the site suddenly get a boatload of traffic that sent it over it's bandwidth quota or something? Maybe it's time for me to become a member. ;)

Thanks everyone! Mom and baby are healthy and we're all home now but tired!

The site was shut down due to the high number of emails being sent out and the time it takes to process the scripts sending those emails (notification of replies to topics, notifications of private messages etc). We're looking into moving the site to a virtual private server which will eliminate those problems.

BTW, how did so many of you have my email address?! I got tons of emails saying the site was down (which is a good thing).

wxxyz said:
BTW, how did so many of you have my email address?! I got tons of emails saying the site was down (which is a good thing).
I can answer that (at least for myself). When I became a forum supporter, I got a nice reply from you quoting my Paypal payment email and thanking me, as well as telling me that my forum privileges had been upgraded. I simply used the email address on that message to send you a note that the site was down. When I got the auto-response explaining your absence, I understood why it wasn't your top priority at the time to get the site back up. :D

Congrats on the baby!
TT

wxxyz said:
Thanks everyone! Mom and baby are healthy and we're all home now but tired!

Great to hear, Mike, congratulations!

Yes, rest is the important thing now, especially for mom. At least that was our experience when our first grandchild came home. The few days post delivery in the hospital didn't really allow for any uninterrupted sleep and the homecoming was difficult because everyone was tired. I hope you have some help there, just to let the two of you rest a bit. :)

Back