new robust battery degradation study

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlsoaz

I saw in my plugshare inbox an invitation to participate in a new battery degradation study. At present I have a Volt. I went to the link and it appears to be simply a matter of my agreeing to let them communicate with my vehicle. In my case I have a 2013 Volt, and the communication was set up in a minutes or two using my.chevrolet.com. The page seemed to indicate that the survey would involve most major brands. I didn't specifically check to verify if Nissan was there, but I'm guessing it was.

It will be interesting to see the results once they are in.

jlsoaz said:
The page seemed to indicate that the survey would involve most major brands. I didn't specifically check to verify if Nissan was there, but I'm guessing it was.
Most brands do not have your battery capacity on the cloud, available to anyone with an API and login information. If by 'robust' you meant chevy then maybe.

Back in the day, collecting the information from apps that query an OBD2 device might have worked but 'mainstream' EV buyers do not buy OBD2 devices for routine monitoring.

SageBrush said:
jlsoaz said:
The page seemed to indicate that the survey would involve most major brands. I didn't specifically check to verify if Nissan was there, but I'm guessing it was.
Most brands do not have your battery capacity on the cloud, available to anyone with an API and login information. If by 'robust' you meant chevy then maybe.

Back in the day, collecting the information from apps that query an OBD2 device might have worked but 'mainstream' EV buyers do not buy OBD2 devices for routine monitoring.

The study indicates 1000 participants, first-come first served, though it looks like I will be moving over to a used Tesla, so I'm not sure what they will want to do with my participation sign-up. From what little I saw of the sign-up process, I suspect your take on this as not-robust is overly-dismissive.

Back