Zero emissions graphic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alric

Anyone has a pic of a red LEAF with the Zero emissions graphic? Just want to see what it looks like.

Thanks!

IMHO the red LEAF is the most difficult to color coordinate. All the other colors are cool or neutral so all the signature EV blue accents blend well. The red LEAF is very attractive but can get some funky looks going when you dip into the mostly blue accessories. Light copper or warm titanium badging/accents would look awesome on the red along with a warmer colored interior and..... oh my god, I sound like Martha Stewart :shock:

Never mind

Yeah. I see some heat gun work in my future. :roll:

Can I ask how you removed the graphic?

Here U go ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60416291@N00/6546408069/in/photostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That looks pretty nice! I will probably keep it and see if it grows on me. It is probably good advocacy.

mark13 said:
Here U go ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60416291@N00/6546408069/in/photostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yea Yea.... Nice sticker.
Lets get to whats REALLY important.....
Tell us about those wheels.

They would look GREAT on my Black car.

Thanks

Hi,
I recently got a used Nissan Leaf, and ordered a "zero emissions" graphic to put on the side, because I had not realized that there were electric vehicles out there that were affordable, and had not thought of getting one as an option and new next to nothing about evs. I ordered the graphic because I wanted to share information with people, and try to turn people on to the idea of electric vehicles. . . .

Then I hear wrangling from all over; people saying how they think the graphic is "ugly," "obnoxious," etc., or saying that they caught grief from people saying the electric car is no cleaner than full-emissions cars. I know NPR did a story on this recently. I have solar panels on my home, and so the electric vehicle IS cleaner. And I want to talk to people about this!!! Climate Change is a reality, people!!!

So can anyone tell me how to put the decal ON my Leaf? All I find are discussions about how to REMOVE them!!

I have the badge and I like it. It gives the car a prototype futuristic look in my opinion.

I got my badge applied by the dealer. This might be your safest bet since they have to be ordered from Nissan.

Go for it!

mboswellpenc said:
Hi,
I recently got a used Nissan Leaf, and ordered a "zero emissions" graphic to put on the side, because I had not realized that there were electric vehicles out there that were affordable, and had not thought of getting one as an option and new next to nothing about evs. I ordered the graphic because I wanted to share information with people, and try to turn people on to the idea of electric vehicles. . . .

Then I hear wrangling from all over; people saying how they think the graphic is "ugly," "obnoxious," etc., or saying that they caught grief from people saying the electric car is no cleaner than full-emissions cars. I know NPR did a story on this recently. I have solar panels on my home, and so the electric vehicle IS cleaner. And I want to talk to people about this!!! Climate Change is a reality, people!!!

So can anyone tell me how to put the decal ON my Leaf? All I find are discussions about how to REMOVE them!!

1. Clean the area that you are applying the decal to using windex and allow at least 5~ 10 minutes to dry
2. Use a measuring tape to apply some blue painters tape to give you good horizontal alignment when you place your decal.
3. Using a clean spray bottle fill with clean water and mix in a little liquid dish washing soap and shake up bottle.
4. Making sure you have a nice medium/soft squeegy handy spray the soapy water onto the area where you are going to apply the decal. Don't be afraid to spray too much.
5. Peel back the decal and spray the back side of it with your soapy water solution.
6. Apply decal and adjust as needed for alignment and placement, use the squeegy to get the soapy water/bubbles out. I like to go from left to right or right to left.
7. Allow vehicle to sit overnight in a dry area before driving off.

knightarmor said:
1. Clean the area that you are applying the decal to using windex and allow at least 5~ 10 minutes to dry
2. Use a measuring tape to apply some blue painters tape to give you good horizontal alignment when you place your decal.
3. Using a clean spray bottle fill with clean water and mix in a little liquid dish washing soap and shake up bottle.
4. Making sure you have a nice medium/soft squeegy handy spray the soapy water onto the area where you are going to apply the decal. Don't be afraid to spray too much.
5. Peel back the decal and spray the back side of it with your soapy water solution.
6. Apply decal and adjust as needed for alignment and placement, use the squeegy to get the soapy water/bubbles out. I like to go from left to right or right to left.
I guess I'm willing to expose my ignorance, and ask why getting the cleaned area completely dry (step 1) is so important, given that everything is going to be flooded with soap solution later (steps 4 & 5) anyway?

Levenkay said:
knightarmor said:
I guess I'm willing to expose my ignorance, and ask why getting the cleaned area completely dry (step 1) is so important, given that everything is going to be flooded with soap solution later (steps 4 & 5) anyway?
You don't want the windex on the car when you place the decal, just the water/dish soap mixture, and you need a dry surface to apply the blue painters tape.

Sorry it took me so long to get back!! I forgot how to locate the forum!!

Thanks!! I am planning to put it on tonight!! I think it will help people to ask about it. I'm in upstate NY where very few people have EVs at this point!!

Back