Will Nissan correct its mistake?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
line jumper by definition is he or she who jumps the line.
The active person in this wording is the person who got ahead in the line by her/his own action.
I agree with this.

Let us not blame (or use words for that appear to fix the blome) someone simply because (s)he happenned to benefit from Nissan's mistake.

Now, back on topic.

davewill said:
thankyouOB said:
the term line jumpers is offensive.
It's only offensive if you choose to take it that way. No one here is blaming their fellow Leafers, just Nissan for screwing up the queue. I've been avoiding the term, but I see no point in making such a big deal about it.
Where I grew up a line jumper was a cheat, and being called a cheat was fighting words.

But hey, I choose not to take it that way. But being called by that term also doesn't make me sympathetic for all you 'key players' and 'True Early Adopters' who got passed over for your cars. And it certainly doesn't make me want to 'do the fair thing' and give up my VIN.

Just saying...

Many have been assuming that cars were produced in more-or-less the correct order, but just some group of folks were skipped over when assigning cars (from the "pool" that arrived) for delivery.

HOWEVER, cars are probably linked with the Orders that caused them to be built (and their future owners), long BEFORE actual manufacturing begins.

So, it is QUITE POSSIBLE that the correct "owners" are getting the VIN assignments, and that a whole large group of ORDERS were "lost/overlooked" and never even SCHEDULED for production!

That would explain why it is difficult for NissanUSA to take an in-port car away from its rightful owner and assign it to a person whose Order was never even submitted for production, or even scheduling for production.

If this is the case, the cars for the "skipped over" folks were never built!

Back