Why are most LEAF owners so unpleasant???-

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
espo35 said:
If you want better treatment at the dealer, remember that when you fill out the service survey, it is about the advisor that helped you.... not your driving range, lack of power ports in the city you live in or promises the salesman made to you when you bought the car. If the advisor treated you well....say so. If he/she didn't....say so.
Giving a low score to people who are really trying to help you will....get you walked past in the service drive.

:D
OK, so now I finally understand why you're making this thread. It looks like your grudge is really about the low score your advisors get from the service surveys. I wonder if it had anything to with all 4 of your service advisors walking past LEAF owners and not wanting to have anything to do with them at all, like you had admitted yourself.

It looks like you're assuming that LEAF owners are mad at Nissan LEAF issues and take it out on service advisors instead. How do you know that it's true for a fact? Maybe they get what they deserve.

I may be mad at Nissan for their issues, but I always rate my service advisors in accordance to their level of service, independent of the Nissan issues I have.

espo35 said:
Again, the premise of this thread is proven correct by the response to it.
The only thing proven correct here is that if somebody who holds a grudge and goes on this forum with a negative thread which title starts out with unpleasant stereotyping generalization to begin with, they get the kind of responses they deserve.
espo35 said:
The time will come when your LEAF will be OUT of warranty and you will have to PAY for a repair.

Guess who you'll want on your side, then.
:)
For sure I wouldn't want the kind of service manager and service advisor from dealerships like yours to be on my side. I'll simply take my business to another dealership in town who has the right kind of service manager and service advisor.

Volusiano said:
OK, so now I finally understand why you're making this thread. It looks like your grudge is really about the low score your advisors get from the service surveys. I wonder if it had anything to with all 4 of your service advisors walking past LEAF owners and not wanting to have anything to do with them at all, like you had admitted yourself.

It looks like you're assuming that LEAF owners are mad at Nissan LEAF issues and take it out on service advisors instead. How do you know that it's true for a fact? Maybe they get what they deserve.

I may be mad at Nissan for their issues, but I always rate my service advisors in accordance to their level of service, independent of the Nissan issues I have.

+1 :shock: :D

espo35 said:
Consider that brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. Also, consider the power assist on a LEAF is applied via an electric pump versus vacuum assist as found on a gas powered car. Even you non-engineers must know what water will do to an electric pump.
This is the FUD that engineers loathe. Turn a half truth into a disaster and charge accordingly.

I bet the first year they wipe the fill cap clean and call it good. Who would know?
Don't say it never happens :x

espo35 said:
Nubo said:
espo35 said:
Like I said, if anyone doubts what I do for a living, PM me your VIN and I'll tell you your name, the day and place you bought your car and where you last took your LEAF for warranty work.

Either you are not a service manager, or are an unprofessional one. No professional service manager would

A) Witness their advisors ignoring waiting customers without putting an immediate end to it. You've obviously created an environment where your entire staff feels entitled to this type of behavior. Based on vehicle type? You gotta be kidding me. If a customer is giving the staff a hard time, it's YOUR job to straighten things out and protect your guys where appropriate. This does NOT include making customers cool their heels because of the type of car they drove in.

B) Publicly state that their service department engages in this behavior.

Great....and how long have you been a Service Manager?

Or, does being an all-knowing, all-understanding LEAF owner give you this insight.?

Again, the premise of this thread is proven correct by the response to it.

You're the one that started a thread with an axe to grind. I'm just helping you hone it to a razor's edge. :lol:

smkettner said:
espo35 said:
Consider that brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. Also, consider the power assist on a LEAF is applied via an electric pump versus vacuum assist as found on a gas powered car. Even you non-engineers must know what water will do to an electric pump.
This is the FUD that engineers loathe. Turn a half truth into a disaster and charge accordingly.

Well it begs the question of how the fluid would be getting into the electrical components.

If this were actually true, a non-hygroscopic brake fluid would be specified.

Nubo said:
Well it begs the question of how the fluid would be getting into the electrical components.

If this were actually true, a non-hygroscopic brake fluid would be specified.
And when the engineer calls him on the FUD suddenly the customer is unpleasent because he did not roll over and pay like the others do day in day out.

I now feel remarkably lucky to have ended up with my dealership, who a) have been nothing but friendly and helpful during both my purchase and first year of LEAF ownership, and b) participate on these forums.

Wow.. troll-tacular. If you look over the whole discussion there really isn't anything of substance.

"Why are most LEAF owners so unpleasant???"
so if you worked at one dealership you've met most Leaf owners?

Best response would have been no response. *turns off the lights*

espo35 said:
Sure. You post your VIN, I'll post my dealership.

Since our VINs have pretty much been made public with the spreadsheet.. Here's mine:

JN1AZ0CP2BT003294

Now, post your dealership. Or are you going to go back on your word?

xtremeflyer said:
Now, post your dealership. Or are you going to go back on your word?
It'll be interesting to see if he reneges. My bet is he's a troll, but on the chance he really is a service manager...

I'm sure glad his isn't my dealer, where seemingly all the service people hate the Leaf drivers and all the Leaf drivers hate both Nissan and the dealership. My experience with Mossy Nissan is quite the opposite. Everyone there has always treated me and my car very well, from GM Leon Kamins (a Leaf driver himself) to the service writers, salespeople, and receptionists. They offer extra services but if I say no they say okay, and that's the end of it. If they told me I really needed some service I'd be confident it really was needed.

As for engineer driver know-it-alls telling the mechanics their business, I'm reminded of my all time favorite mechanic years ago. He posted a sign:

Shop labor rate: $20/hr
If you watch: $25/hr
If you offer advice: $50/hr
If you help: $100/hr

Oh, and around here half the soccer moms are engineers.

smkettner said:
I was not given a service survey :|

WOW!! :shock: that was a major faux pas. most surveys are auto generated by email, phone or snail mail.

ALL Dealers are ranked regionally against each other on the results of those surveys.

"Hmm. I'm going to go to an enthusiast's site and make a post about LEAF owners being unpleasant (that being the nicest adjective I can come up with)."

Not only a troll, you sir, are a dick.

Go post this $hit over in the "Old Curmudgeons that Resent Everyone" forum. You are in the wrong business.

espo35 said:
Noone is forcing you to do it.... but if you want someone to work for you, they generally expect to get paid.

Would an honest service technician advise the bogus "Generator Oil Change" for $250, or should a "Service Manager at a busy Nissan dealership," allegedly for 35 years no less, know it is bogus?

And thus is the real question. Is the dealership "working for you," as our altruistic OP states, or are they trying to rip you off?

My experience with leasing a LEAF from Nissan of Brandon Autoway suggests the latter. Through emails, which are still available for documentation, a deal was worked out for $x at the Tier 0 rate, which I specifically stated. I went there with a counter offer, for $y. The manager came back and said that he would accept that offer. No words were stated that it would be at a different tier, only that my offer was accepted. With the "great news," we went to the finance guy. Everything was going great, UNTIL he got to the point about "money factor." He said the number, I said, "What interest rate does that mean?" The finance guy was completely confused :lol: . He said it was "just a number," and he knew of no connection between the money factor and an interest rate :lol: . I badgered him for 10 minutes about it. I asked, "Was it Tier 0?" He didn't know :lol:. Finally, with my young son jumping around the office, I stopped pressing the point. It is still my opinion, though I can't prove it because of their electronic paperwork, that the money factor which the finance guy stated was different from the money factor printed on the form after it was electronically signed. I am still hoping to follow up with the State's Attorney about this. So it ended up, for a person with an over 800 credit score, that I was paying what I think now was a "Tier 2" rate (for somebody with credit scores in the low 600s as I understand it). And they believed their ripoff was complete. Because you see, the "deal" that I proposed at the lower price wound up costing much more because of the inflated interest charges. The finance manager explained that a lease was a contract, and if it was paid off early I would have to pay each payment as listed on the contract, so I would end up paying exactly the same no matter when the lease was paid off. A complete lie. I guess he didn't know about the "payoff amount" on the monthly statements sent by Nissan?

The next step was to go to Jenkins Nissan here in Lakeland. I talked to the finance manager there, who explained that they would be happy to do the lease payoff, but of course they would have to charge their $699 dealer fee, since the car wasn't purchased there. I explained that I was definitely interested in doing that, and he said, "Come back some time during the week, when we're not as busy." The place looked plenty empty to me at the time, but I said, "Sure." So they couldn't be bothered with two hours of paperwork for essentially $350/hour. Does that constitute "working for me," or a rip-off? And they were even too lazy to do the work for that amount.

So I found an excellent dealer in Orlando. Southerlin Nissan took care of everything, no extra fees, great to deal with, completely honest about everything, and even threw in their license frame as an added bonus. So rip-off lease taken care of at 1.99% from my financial institution after only one payment, Nissan loses out on all the additional interest, and Nissan of Brandon got a scathing report, which Nissan promptly throws into the trash.

Now, which dealer will I be going back to service for? The one 10 miles away who was too lazy to do the paperwork, the one 25 miles away who seemed to have an excellent technician but works at a dealership that appears to me interested only in the rip-off, or the one 50 miles away with an equally competent technician who is genuinely interested in helping ALL their customers?

The only time I'm going to NOB Autoway will be to hold my sign, "Thinking of buying from Nissan of Brandon Autoway, I would bring my lawyer and a CPA, I wouldn't believe a word they say, I wish I would have stayed away." But maybe they'll let me recharge the LEAF and bring me a donut while I'm there.

Everyone has a different experience, I know many happy customers that bought from Boardwalk. I wonder if the other dealer would have given the same selling price? Just like the OP your experience will vary.

walterbays said:
Oh, and around here half the soccer moms are engineers.
Quote of the Day! :lol:

OT to the OP: When I took my car in for the 1-yr service at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa, I found their Service Manager to be polite, attentive and knowledgeable as can be. And, although I have a tendency to ask one too many questions, I never did get the sense other than that he was happy that I chose their service dept. that day. I'm sorry that your Leaf advisors have developed such the attitude as to "walk by a waiting LEAF owner". I know for sure that if I was treated that way, I'd be out of there so fast. If you were located in So Cal., I would gladly do you the favor by not setting foot in your dealership. If you let us know where you work, we can help spread the word so as to relieve you of having to deal with anymore LEAF owners.

Okay, so I admit, I hope not to have to go back to a dealer's service dept. other than for the annual battery checks. However, when I do go, I'll make sure to patronize one that appreciates my business and where they don't cringe when I drive onto their lot. :cool:

smkettner said:
I was not given a service survey :|
I'll match your bid and raise you two. I got no battery report, no new manual, and no service survey to complain about it.

Oh, and I don't intend to go back to South County Nissan in Gilroy. Does that automatically put me in the "unpleasant" category?

Ray

:!: Who is this guy anyway? If you are in the industry, this is questionable professionalism, but anyway... Why would someone make such a blanket statement about a certain car owner?

Anyway, I will say that the dealership that I use here in Maryland are not so sharp about the details of leaf maintenance. For instance, they have leaf certified mechanics. Apparently not just anyone can work on the leaf. Well when I had called to make a service appointment, I specifically described the fact that I have the EV. They made me an appointment on the day the one tech was not there. I, however understand that they just are not used to this new technology and the new routine, and just did not have thought such steps out so much. They are better last I saw them. So perhaps we should be patient with one another, not assuming too much about one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back