Why are most LEAF owners so unpleasant???-

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
planet4ever said:
smkettner said:
I was not given a service survey :|
I'll match your bid and raise you two. I got no battery report, no new manual, and no service survey to complain about it.

Oh, and I don't intend to go back to South County Nissan in Gilroy. Does that automatically put me in the "unpleasant" category?

Ray

Yea I got the new manual and some other software update without my consent.
By the time I realized I did not get a battery report I was on my way out.
Receipt says I was in so if battery check was actually done or not is not my problem.

smkettner said:
planet4ever said:
smkettner said:
I was not given a service survey :|
I'll match your bid and raise you two. I got no battery report, no new manual, and no service survey to complain about it.
Yea I got the new manual and some other software update without my consent.By the time I realized I did not get a battery report I was on my way out.
Receipt says I was in so if battery check was actually done or not is not my problem.
Rats! I guess I only raised you one. :) Actually, the service rep told me he couldn't give me the battery report, because their printer was broken, but he would email it to me. It's been three months, and I'm still waiting.

Good point on the receipt. I guess I'll stop worrying about whether they even did it.

Ray

ebill3 said:
I'll put my money on a Troll having a good time

Probably does work at a dealership in some capacity; tried to blow smoke up some LEAF owner's butt, got called on it and is now indignant.

My experience with Nissan dealerships is that the folks there themselves are fascinated by the Leaf. It's a novelty for them as much as it is for the general public. I went to Mossy Nissan in San Diego with my Leaf, and was given an offer for a discounted oil change! Slowly, I am losing faith that the dealers are experts.. much like the OP, they are just folks that do what Nissan tells em to do.. not really experts at handling Leaf issues.
I think Tesla will make owning an electric car so much better: their folks will actually deal with EV's all the time.. unlike the guy working on 50 Maxima's and then a token Leaf.
Oh, by the way, the OP is obviously from the East Bay in the Bay Area based on his IP address - he went AWOL once his IP address was posted.

gaswalla said:
My experience with Nissan dealerships is that the folks there themselves are fascinated by the Leaf. It's a novelty for them as much as it is for the general public. I went to Mossy Nissan in San Diego with my Leaf, and was given an offer for a discounted oil change! Slowly, I am losing faith that the dealers are experts.. much like the OP, they are just folks that do what Nissan tells em to do.. not really experts at handling Leaf issues.
I think Tesla will make owning an electric car so much better: their folks will actually deal with EV's all the time.. unlike the guy working on 50 Maxima's and then a token Leaf.
Oh, by the way, the OP is obviously from the East Bay in the Bay Area based on his IP address - he went AWOL once his IP address was posted.

What posted IP address?

EVDRIVER said:
gaswalla said:

What posted IP address?

Randy tracked his IP to Danville, CA

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=218147#p218147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't expect him to post his dealership. Any reputable dealership would not stand for a service manager coming online antagonizing current and future customers. He would get canned immediately. Imagine a potential customer, seriously considering a Leaf, reading his spiteful and unprofessional rhetoric? Would anyone want to buy a car from a dealership with a service manager that justifies mistreating customers? If the dealership didn't can him, I'm sure Nissan would insist.

He pretty much stopped posting when a moderator posted his IP location. That narrows it down. Can't be too many Nissan service managers who live in Danville, CA.

My advice to the O.P.: If you still have your job... you should quit. Seriously dude. Someone with your attitude has no business being in customer service.

DaveinOlyWA said:
EVDRIVER said:
gaswalla said:

What posted IP address?

Randy tracked his IP to Danville, CA

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=218147#p218147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found the post and deleted the IP. We will not reveal the IP address of forum members, or share any other information a registered member may believe to be confidential to other members. I apologize this happened and anyone here should know they can believe their information is confidential. Everyone has a right to their opinion and to speak freely without their privacy being compromised and non-public forum information is not a tool for a difference of opinion. If a forum member is in violation of rules they will be warned.

EVDRIVER said:
I found the post and deleted the IP. We will not reveal the IP address of forum members, or share any other information a registered member may believe to be confidential to other members. I apologize this happened and anyone here should know they can believe their information is confidential. Everyone has a right to their opinion and to speak freely without their privacy being compromised.

I applaud that policy, thank you.

Member xtremeflyer posted his VIN with the offer that the OP would post his dealership.

So the offer to be identified has already been called out...... now we shall see if the OP has the guts to follow through.

he has been silent since his location was posted. he wasnt a service manager anyway. he might work in the service dept but that is about it. Customer Service is a "tread water" job. it does not matter how well you did last year because the irate customer standing in front of you could care less. its day by day, customer by customer, its never the same way twice. Managers know that and many deep down probably feel just about the same way but they also know that whining about it gets them nowhere.

i work in customer service and deal with difficult people on a daily basis and there is only one motto to live by

"holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting your enemy to die"

I just hope that I NEVER have the misfortune to visit the dealership where this Service Mangler is in residence... Driving ANY type of vehicle!

Apparently the OP is unaware that the brake fluid never comes in contact with the "electric pump" thus his argument is moot... I guess he was absent that day in Leaf training school...

espo35 said:
Consider that brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. Also, consider the power assist on a LEAF is applied via an electric pump versus vacuum assist as found on a gas powered car. Even you non-engineers must know what water will do to an electric pump.

Google is good at finding leads if you're curious about espo35. It looks like this isn't the only forum he stirs up drama on.

Edit: Even though I'm not an espo35 fan - decided there's no need to post direct links since it's so easy to find.

It's amazing what we can find anout each other by using common screen names.

Two minutes of google took me to a post that had his name in it, then a Nissan dealer website that lists that name under service manager. There's another dealer that lists that name as a service advisor so it could be a common name though. I probably found his email address, phone number, and ancestry.com post. I would never use any of that info, I was just curious.

DaveinOlyWA said:
he has been silent since his location was posted. he wasnt a service manager anyway. he might work in the service dept but that is about it. Customer Service is a "tread water" job. it does not matter how well you did last year because the irate customer standing in front of you could care less. its day by day, customer by customer, its never the same way twice. Managers know that and many deep down probably feel just about the same way but they also know that whining about it gets them nowhere.

i work in customer service and deal with difficult people on a daily basis and there is only one motto to live by

"holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting your enemy to die"
+1 Some wise words there, DaveinOlyWA :)

espo35 said:
But I must say 9 out of 10 are elitist cry-babies.
Sorry. More than almost anyone, I wish this was not the case (it costs me money!).

Now who is the cry baby? Yes it will cost him commission out of his pay when the elitist customers refuse to pay for service that is not needed.

Apparently he has trained his people to first help those with the largest $ sign over their head.

espo35 IS the person we loathe at the delear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back