Who is driving 2013 Leaf? EPA range is 75 miles!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
surfingslovak said:
Perhaps LEAFfan is charging to 80%? That would seem to work, numerically at least: 17 x 6 = 102

plausible. i think 80% has been his norm

Yeah, that's to 80%. But with the GOM on the other car, it would show a much higher number. It seems the car uses a different formula to avoid those extreme numbers.

bobsfreeleaf said:
I am reformatting my driving experience into a table, for ease of use. I have also written a "simple" formula to determine implied MAXIMUM driving range (to zero charge). It is basically miles driven divided by state of charge change between the beginning and end of the drive (charge expended if you will). You should knock off 10 to 20 miles of range for many reasons noted on this board. If you are in a high heat or freezing cold region, do not use this table. This information is for San Diego with a brand new battery, relatively flat drive about 2/3 freeway, 1/3 street. I will note when I am not in ECO mode. I drive the fwy at 65 most days. This drive is indicated by "Comm." My drive around town running errands is indicated by "Errand". Hope this will be useful in your buying decisions. ;)
The first leg of commute No. 6 is indicated last. I see that is increasing my overall range, of which, I just got the best implied range ever. However, my driving style seems to be improving up to 4.4 today.

Code:
Drive #	Tempera	Drive sty/Frwy mph	Bars start	Bars end	SOC start	SOC end	Mi. drvn	Imp Rng	Avg speed	M/KWH	note
Comm. No. 1.	50’s/60’s	Eco/Freewy 65	11 bars	4 bars at end	90% beg;	35% end	43 miles	78 miles			Part rain/heat
Comm. No. 2.	60’s/60’s	Eco/Freewy 65	12 bars	7 bars at end	100% beg	54% end	43 miles	93 miles			
Comm. No. 3.	60’s/60’s	Eco/Freewy 65	12 bars	5 bars at end	100% beg	40% end	54 miles	90 miles			
Comm. No. 4.	60’s/60’s	Eco/Freewy 72	12 bars	4 bars at end	100% beg	29% end	61 miles	 86 miles			Drove the fast lane
Comm. No. 5.	60’s/70’s	Eco/Freewy 65	11 bars	4 bars at end	91% beg;	33% end	51 miles	 88 miles	31 mph	4.3	
Comm. No. 6.	60’s/60’s	Eco/Freewy 67	12 bars	4 bars at end	98% beg	38% end 	59 miles	 98 miles	26 mph	4.4	All inclusive trip

Errand No 1.	70’s/80’s	Eco/Air/no Freewy	11 bars	7 bars at end	95% beg	62% end	25 miles	 74 miles	21 mph	4.4;	Hot day / used air
1st leg: Comm.6.	60’s/60’s	Eco/no Freewy	12 bars	11 bars at end	98% beg	87% end	14 miles	 127 miles		5.1;	Some down hill

Bob, I think that your car is starting to break in some now along with the warmer weather is helping your efficiency.

In the last week with the recent warm weather around here I've noticed jump in efficiency on the same drive.

drees said:
Bob, I think that your car is starting to break in some now along with the warmer weather is helping your efficiency.

In the last week with the recent warm weather around here I've noticed jump in efficiency on the same drive.

I think there is something to that. By the way, I'm out of commission for a few days. I just sent off my cord for the EVSE upgrade. I'm sure when I get it back it will be raining. :cry:

bobsfreeleaf said:
drees said:

I think there is something to that. By the way, I'm out of commission for a few days. I just sent off my cord for the EVSE upgrade. I'm sure when I get it back it will be raining. :cry:

If you want to use my Panasonic unit from the Rav4 (very, very similar in appearance to your Panasonic in the 2013 LEAF), just come by and get it.

TonyWilliams said:
bobsfreeleaf said:
drees said:

If you want to use my Panasonic unit from the Rav4 (very, very similar in appearance to your Panasonic in the 2013 LEAF), just come by and get it.

Thanks Tony, any beer in the fridge? :lol:
It's good for me to garage it for a while. I only have 12k miles a year on the lease. Whoever it was that said I did not buy enough miles was RIGHT.

ronwright38 said:
Got my 2013 SL Leaf on 03/06/2013 The New color Slate with all the options.
The lease of $330 month and 24 Months. :roll:
How much was the drive off or down payment ?

KJD said:
ronwright38 said:
How much was the drive off or down payment ?

It was $0 down so no money out of pocket. Remember, he was sold a new 2011 from a local dealer with one capacity bar already missing.

ronwright38 said:

Congrats ronwright38, glad to hear you were able to replace the 2011 degraded-battery model that was sold to you as new.

The new 2013 SL Leaf has a new Regen light that's green, also a lock on the charge port
so people can't pull the plug out till it through Charging, Also heated Seat's and steering
Wheel it do not have the side marker's and it great. :roll:

Back