Which model is this?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GailHM

We just picked up our used 2015 Leaf. It was imported to Canada from the US by an agent. We payed for an SL and were told it was "loaded". I asked to look under the hood. There is no quick charge port, and only one orange cable leading to the charge port. Does this also mean there is also just a 3.3 kWh onboard charger? The car does have leather seats, but is also missing the cargo cover , the SD card, the solar panel. Our agent says it has to be a 2015 because of the seats and Nissan has mis-made the car...is there a sure fire way to prove what model a 2015 is? I love the car but don't think I'm getting what I paid for!

Gail

It sounds to me like you were sold the next worst thing to a stolen car: a deliberately mis-labeled, partially altered one. If it has a nav system it isn't an S, but it may well be an SV with leather seats added.

Is there a way to tell if it has the 6.6 onboard charger by looking under the hood? I can live with an SV but not an S.

If it has the navigation system and is missing the SD card you will have a significant expense to replace that card. Does it have the bright white LED low beam headlights? What information is on the white label on the driver door frame? The date of manufacture and tire size will give some indication of the model that it is supposed to be. Does the VIN number on that label match the VIN visible through the windshield on the top of the dash in front of the driver? Step through the information displays in dash in front of the steering wheel until you see the estimated times to charge. If there are only 2 numbers, it is a sure bet that you only have the 3.3 kW charger. You may have the 6 kW charger if there are 3 numbers but there could have been some software or module changes that make it display 3 numbers (I am speculating based upon all of the discrepancies you have already noted) even if it does not actually have the 6 kW charger.

I strongly recommend that you find another car that has all of the correct features for its model.

Gerry

I doubt that they could have grafted on the Nav console to an S, so by default it's an SV. It may be a "factory mistake" that got leather seats, but with the missing SD card I'd bet it's just an especially obvious case of dealer fraud.

Thank you all! It is indeed an SV. It was advertised through the dealer in Tennessee as an SV, but then listed as an SL for auction. This dealer fraud is it, not? I am in Canada and hoping my importer will chase this guy.

If the dealer installed the leather seats, you have a good case for fraud. If the factory goofed and did it, then the dealer is probably still crooked, but you would be less likely to win the case.

I'd go to the dealer and prove your case with whatever document you have that says it's an SL, then have them run the VIN and see it's an SV.

Back