Whats your range?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimLee said:
I have lost two capacity bars soon to be three in less than 30,000 miles and bit over four years.
Car is great for short range retiree driving, but the ability to do a 32 mile roundtrip to downtown is getting marginal.
That seems a bit excessive based on the range chart thread.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4295
That seems to show that an 8 bar Leaf should still get 52 miles of range at 60MPH...
So I would think a 32 mile round trip shouldn't be an issue at all??? And especially with only 2 bars lost??

desiv

desiv said:
That seems a bit excessive based on the range chart thread.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4295
That seems to show that an 8 bar Leaf should still get 52 miles of range at 60MPH...
So I would think a 32 mile round trip shouldn't be an issue at all??? And especially with only 2 bars lost??

desiv
The range chart does not include any power for heat or AC.
And the car is close to missing three capacity bars.

Yes I have managed 45 to 50 miles, on a few recent trips when I got home below VLBW.

It depends on what you demand and expect of the car.
I expect heat and AC.
If using it turns into no heat and AC I will either scrap it for its sad market value and cry several tears over its loss, or go all in and plunge $6,000 into a new battery because it is unlikely it will get one under Nissan's pathethic capacity warranty.

And I am not a leave an hour early and drive under 40 mph to make a meeting downtown type person. Just not me.
So a lot of it does depend on what the user is willing to do.

Shortcircuit ,

I purchased a 2013 Model S with less than 26K on it and basically the same range your is showing. Since my 20 mile one way commute is in the carpool lane here in San Diego on the I-15 i'm driving 75 mph for about 16 of the 20 mile trip so I average 3.6 on energy economy and the GOM usually gives me a generous 70 when I start a trip in eco mode and the AC on. Once after driving quite some time time at low speeds it gave me 85 miles on a 100% charge and once after coming up from San Diego to North County with the pedal to the metal it penalized me at 50 miles but I got all that back just getting to the freeway the next day. Anyhow my plan is to charge a work for free until my range drops then I'll charge at both home and work so it should be viable for me (and I'm sure whoever wants to purchase your lease either now or when the lease is up) for quite some time, it will just get a little more expensive for me when the range gets below what I need to get back and forth to work. I have applied for the TOU pilot program with SDG&E and I'll be charging my car at level one rates or whatever they come up with for a rate structure here in Southern California. Good luck with your lease and man it seems like you have had a pretty good run of it. Any way to stretch it out by charging at work to help you in the mean time?

Back