Wait time for CA Rebate?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10599

Is there a way to check the status of the CA rebate on my Leaf purchase?

I'm now at the 2 month mark since submitting everything required in their confirmation e-mail. :(

Is this typical or should I be worried that the check was mis-delivered and cashed by someone else?

Contact CCSE and they will be able to answer your questions....Two months seems like a long time...I thought the current wait time was 4-5 weeks...

http://energycenter.org/contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stjohnh said:
We bought our Leafs mid June, got checks mid August. Just about 2 months.
That was a special case. They ran out of money in June, and it wasn't replenished until after the new fiscal year started in July.

The CCSE folks are very responsive and very helpful. Do contact them.

Ray

Sent everything in and two weeks after that got the "approved" email on 2nd Oct. it did state to allow 60 days from receipt of that email for check delivery.

Update: Got it. 49 days from approval email.

DarthPuppy said:
Is there a way to check the status of the CA rebate on my Leaf purchase?

I'm now at the 2 month mark since submitting everything required in their confirmation e-mail. :(

Is this typical or should I be worried that the check was mis-delivered and cashed by someone else?

Mine took about 60 days plus the re mailing time since I used my work zip code and it was returned. That added about 4 days.

Thanks for the info. I'm right at the 60 day mark now, so I guess it will probably arrive this week.

60 days, they are very nice about status enquirys, and if you are near the 60 days, you want to ask about it. They kicked me out a check right after I talked to them.

I did a follow-up. They informed me that it is usually 60 days from the time that they approve the application after all materials received to issuance of the check. In my case, the final approval was on 9/3. So I have a little more waiting time for that 60 days to be up.

However, they also indicated that they are now running over the 60 day time-frame due to some issues and the large volume of applications they've received.

At least I'm now pretty far through the process. And collecting a reward for driving such a nice car will be quite enjoyable. :)

I will update once I receive it. I'm now guessing mid-November.

On the plus side, yesterday I got the city permits to expand my solar and install the evse. So perhaps by end of next week we'll be good on that front. :D

My approval time was 8/28/13 and still no check either. I guess I'm comforted in knowing other people are experiencing the delay as well. I just replied to the email I received on 8/28 and asked for a status update on my rebate check. My guess is I'll see it soon after that. I'll report back when I get a check.

I checked the online status. It now says it was mailed on Friday, 11/9 (67 days past the date they recorded as everything complete and final approved). So hopefully it will be in today's mail.

Back