VIN - Production year / month

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EV1

Hi,

Just got my Leaf and I'm interested in the production date. Although spending an evening searching this forum + wiki, I could not find a table / list /etc. wich could give me an indication. The VIN's serial number part is 0115xx.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

By calling any Nissan dealership and providing them with the VIN, they'll be able to tell you the production date of your LEAF. The process shouldn't take longer than a minute and will save you the trouble of browsing.

If you need anything else, feel welcome to message me.

On USA Leafs, at least on my 2011, the production date is listed on a label on the door frame of the driver's side door, at the bottom. I'd assume that all Leafs have this.

Thanks for your replies, on the drivers door frame is a label with the recommended tire pressure, the only label I see so far.
Should be the same for Europe, arent they, until now, all Japanese build?

The reason I ask is because I 'm afraid the dealer deliverd a fairly "old" car and since it has the VSP on/off-button it might be even one from 2011. Knowing that Li-ion batteries have a "calender life", 2 years old batteries, even when not used, are imho unacceptable.
I want to know -before- I contact the dealer the approx age of the car, to prepare my approach.

EV1 said:
Thanks for your replies, on the drivers door frame is a label with the recommended tire pressure, the only label I see so far.
Should be the same for Europe, arent they, until now, all Japanese build?
That's where the manufacturing date is found on our 2011, but it's possible the sticker requirements are different for Europe.
EV1 said:
The reason I ask is because I 'm afraid the dealer deliverd a fairly "old" car and since it has the VSP on/off-button it might be even one from 2011.
I think that would be a correct conclusion. What year is printed on the Owner's Manual?
EV1 said:
Knowing that Li-ion batteries have a "calender life", 2 years old batteries, even when not used, are imho unacceptable.
I agree!
EV1 said:
I want to know -before- I contact the dealer the approx age of the car, to prepare my approach.
Based on the VIN number you provided, I would say that is a 2011.

That's where the manufacturing date is found on our 2011, but it's possible the sticker requirements are different for Europe.
I assume it's different, because there is no sticker.

What year is printed on the Owner's Manual?

march 2012.
That looks not that bad. But is it as simple as that?

I will contact the dealer this week and just ask.
Too bad I don't know anyone with a Gid meter in a, ehm let's say 8000 miles radius. :?

EV1 said:

On ours there is another sticker -- primarily black with a barcode and white text. This is right behind where the bottom right-hand corner of the driver's door would be when it's closed. This has the manufacture date.

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 141
Thanks for your photo, Nubo. That upholstry wasn't available at the time I chose my Leaf :D
No 2nd sticker on my Leaf, see photo:
Leaf_Sticker.jpg

But when looking for other places, I found this label on the seatbelt of the drivers seat:
Leaf_Airbagsticker.jpg

Seems to be an (early) 2012 production after all.

Back