unusable battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckemie

My battery has degraded to the point of not being usable. Some history here:
http://www.evalbum.com/3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, Nissan and the dealer tell me all is "normal".

Did you start the trip intending to run out of e-fuel, or
did running out of fuel at 62 miles take you by surprise?

In either case, sorry for your loss.

Too bad there wasn't some charging opportunity somewhere
on your route, then the trip would be easy, but take more time.

Sorry about your situation. The the monitoring systems on the LEAF are lame whi h is why I got the GID METER. I this allows me to predict my range much earlier than in longer trips so I can adjust sooner.
Guessing u were aware that u would be stranded. I just curious to how long it took the tow truck to get there?

That is very sad story. GID meter maybe help in the area with charging stations or access to plugs but as I understand Willie's trips are in rural area. Willie suggested before that his car battery had low capacity right from the start, hopefully he will get some kind of resolution to his problem.

Im also in the same situation as you..The first year of ownership of the Leaf was great,but after last summers loss of 20+ miles and 2 bars in one month,I became very angry..

Im glad you left your car @ the dealership,it will be interesting to see how they fix the problem..

When I go in for my next battery check,I will also ask many questions on why I have loss 20% of my charge in one summer..

Back