Ticking noise when charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmobob

Has anyone heard a ticking noise while the car is charging? Sometimes the ticking is random like a telegraph machine and sometimes it ticks continuously and other times when charging there is no ticking at all. Sounds like a relay going of and on coming from the front right of the car. When unplugged after charging it continues for another minute or two. Mines is a 2012 in NY with 16k miles, weather is lately 35 -50f. Car works perfectly fine, no issues charging. It also has a new 12v battery replaced by dealer a few weeks ago because it died a couple of times on me but the ticking was there before the battery was replaced as well. I recorded it with my phone below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPqBuIwv1Q[/youtube]

Any ideas :?:

planet4ever said:

:lol: my wife said the car might be sending nissan a telegram to let them know I haven't been nice to the car charging it outside in the freezing cold :lol: thanks for the link, that solved the mistery. I had the car charging today, as soon as i removed the ELM reader from the obd port the ticking stopped.

Back