The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our pearl white 2012 SV was delivered yesterday (12/10/2011) at Bill Seidle Nissan. Limping along with the L1 charger until the Schneider unit ordered from Home Depot arrives.

Without question, the coolest consumer technology product in the history of western civilization :D

Just picked up my Leaf from Nissan of Downtown Los Angeles. Excited to join the EV world and loving it so far.

Here's a few pix:

Ppt2U.jpg

Picked up my 2012 Glacier Pearl LEAF from Griner Nissan in Valdosta, GA, on Dec. 8, highly recommend Griner as a LEAF dealer, they negotiate in good faith and they do what they say they will do! Car is great, already have almost 250 miles on it. Planning to do the horn replacement and seat covers this week.

Just got my 2012 SL + QC today! :D It's Ignition Red (I don't know why it's Cayenne in the US but Ignition here in Canada.) Love it. Thanks to all the research done (mostly here) there weren't any surprises and the whole process went very smoothly.

Norm

Picked up my 2012 Glacier Pearl Leaf from Hanlees Nissan in Davis. I don't have a good picture of it yet since it was dark when I drove off the lot. However, I did snap this picture before I drove it away.

My Nissan Leaf Dash by CurtisB, on Flickr

I was able to make an excuse to go run an errand for my wife, so I've enjoyed cruising around town in my first 100% electric car. PV should be installed soon and then we'll be charging with the sun!

An amazing piece of technology. Lovin' it!

Congrats! Looks COLD there. Brrrr. I like the 120V outlet under the EVSE,
I was thinking I should have put one near mine. It would be nice should the
AV unit ever fail.

Finally picked up my 2012 Leaf SL in Super Black from First Nissan in Simi Valley this past Sunday and, I know I don't have to tell you guys, but it's been a dream to drive. My commute from SFV to West LA & back is normally soul crushing, but driving the Leaf in has actually been fun!

The Blink charger was installed and turned on last week, so timing was perfect, since my Leaf delivery was actually pushed 2 weeks later than the original date on the Leaf portal. Now to find a place to get my wheels painted matte black. Any good reference for that?

Put in reservation on 12/25, expecting at least 2 or 3 months process. Turns out our local dealer had exactly the car I was looking for, 2012 Glacier White, SL and we took it home Monday morning. A bit of a surprise as I was expecting a planning period, but I'm not complaining! :p Level 1 charging will suffice for now until we get that squared away.

Just got my Leaf last night! The salesman delivered it to my house because of all of the headaches they caused. We got the Brilliant Silver SL and am loving the color. Sitting in it last night felt awesome, I can't wait to drive it.

I have read a lot on this forum about how crappy the sound system is, but to me it sounded just fine. I guess it all depends on what you are used to. I have driven (and still have) a 2001 Frontier since I bought it used in 2002. So I guess any new car's system would sound good to me!

Gas just jumped 12 cents, so perfect timing for a Leaf delivery!

kayne

After about two years on the waiting list, they finally began delivering Leafs in Georgia! I got my 2012 red SL on Dec. 10, 2011, from Stone Mountain Nissan. My dealer, Tim Berry, was very helpful and attentive before the day. But he was on vacation that day, and his stand-in clearly was not the Leaf expert at the dealership. As he fumbled with the dashboard trying to get me 'registered', it said "NO DISK". He panicked and started looking for the 'initialization disk' in the glove box, trunk, Tim's office, and everywhere. Needless to say, he never found it because there is no such thing! As he was turning the place upside down, I just read my Carwings instructions that I had printed out and registered myself!

My Leaf was the third they had delivered, and was in the showroom with a huge bow on it (which I was hoping to keep, but it was not included :cry: (see photo below)).

They pushed back the delivery from the original "sometime in November" to "week of December 16". So I was delighted when Tim called on the 8th to say it was there and charging and I could get it the next day! Woohoo!! But wait...I need to get money out of savings to pay for it. I was not quite ready. I had them fedex me an official Credit Union check for $40k. It did not show up until 10am Saturday morning. I needed to deposit it in my checking account. Thankfully, the B of A is open until 1 on Saturdays. Unfortunately, they informed me, there was no way the check would clear until Monday. :cry: :cry: I was SO hoping to get the Leaf that day. So I asked, "Well, could you just cash the check?" In theory, yes, they said, but they did not have that kind of cash on hand at this small branch office. I had them call around and Midtown Atlanta had the $$. When I went there with my check to cash, the nice teller asked "How you doin'?" as all Atlantans would do. I said, "Very nervous. I want to get a new car today and it is up to you to make it happen." Although it did take three people to cash the check and a zillion forms of ID, they did it no problem. They wanted me to come by with the Leaf so they could see an electric car, when I got it. They had a machine that can count through 4 bundles of 100 one hundred dollar bills in about a minute. As I walked out with a bookbag full of cash, I felt kinda like I had just robbed a bank ;)

My time at the dealer seemed to take all afternoon (it takes much longer to count 400 bills by hand), and as my wife followed me home, we were both blinded by the setting sun--not ideal driving conditions. We took surface streets the whole way, a 40 min drive, plus a much needed stop at Starbucks.

After two weeks of driving it, I can say that I absolutely LOVE it. It is so fun to drive. Today I did my first trickle charge at Georgia Tech (where I work). Usually, my 10 mile round trip commute uses about 1-2 hours on my Level 2 EVSE a night.

Me and my new 2012 Cayenne pepper red Nissan Leaf.
Steve%252520%252526%252520his%252520Leaf%252520with%252520bow%252520LR.jpg

stevempotter said:
After about two years on the waiting list, they finally began delivering Leafs in Georgia! I got my 2012 red SL on Dec. 10, 2011, from Stone Mountain Nissan... <snip>
That was a great adventure; thanks for sharing! Congrats and enjoy your LEAF!

Great Story!

A great example of how screwed up our banks are. An electronic transfer takes 3 days (actually maybe ~3 milliseconds) but they can count up the cash for you in a few minutes. Shouldn't that be reversed!

Don't get me started on BofA!!

And we love the first ~1100 miles we've had our Leaf!

I'm happy to read that ANY bank branch had enough cash for you. Back in 2008 when the world ended financially, I swung by my bank to get $5k in cash just in case credit cards stopped working and the value of currency blossomed as the world retreated to using cash again. That didn't happen, obviously, but what DID concern me was that it took the branch 15 minutes to scrape together $5k in cash! Gives new meaning to the term "storefront" banking. Big vault. Nothing in it.

Congratulations on your new ride.

Took delivery today of my 2012 Glacier Pearl SV from Capitol City Nissan here in Atlanta. Both Josh and Kelly have been extremely helpful to me throughout the "order/test drive/hurry up and wait" process. I can happily recommend this dealership. We negotiated everything up front via emails, so when presented with an invoice today with $1500 worth of paint protectant and wheel locks, it was a breeze to get those insult fees removed and close the deal. Get your deal done via email. Paid MSRP plus $700 dealer junk fee, but knew that going in and was happy with my deal for this region of the US (I see people in CA getting deals below MSRP now).

Happy to say that the dashboard delivery date ended up spot-on. "Week of December 29" turned out to mean a call from Josh on Dec 28 saying I could come pick up my car. That was all well and good other than the fact that I was in Florida until today.

The car is gorgeous; my first new car since a 2000 Maxima. Cold temps forecast for ATL this coming week, so I'll get a quick introduction to cold weather impact on battery capacity. Car is garaged overnight, so that will help. Exposed in shady parking deck all day at work; might drive up to the rooftop to benefit from the sun's warmth although not sure how much of that gets to the battery pack.

50 mile round trip commute on the interstate in the soon to be free for me HOToll lane (EVs are free). This LEAF will get 15,000 miles a year on her from this Atlantan, so will pay for herself assuming she does her job well for 8 years for me. Literally free transportation, funded by fuel savings assuming $3/gal prices at the pump and assuming my power company rates remain where they are currently (12 cents/avg during the year). What a country!

suwaneedad said:
Cold temps forecast for ATL this coming week, so I'll get a quick introduction to cold weather impact on battery capacity. Car is garaged overnight, so that will help. Exposed in shady parking deck all day at work; might drive up to the rooftop to benefit from the sun's warmth although not sure how much of that gets to the battery pack.
Congratulations! So far the cool weather has had a bit less than 10% effect on mileage and I have been gravitating toward sunny spots at work. There are a few threads on minimizing heater current, We will need to review them next week!

Back