The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
downeykp said:
Oops, kind of got busy and forgot to post. Took delivery on 5-31-11 of a Black SL+QC. It is pretty cool. It will be used mainly by my daughter to commute 60mi. round trip to college 4 days a week. That should not be a problem should it? I am somewhat worried during winter months when use of heater will be needed. Any insights? Mahalo

For starters, you should get the "Coolest Dad Award"! I hope she appreciates how lucky she is...how I wish my father had gotten me a car like this when I was in college!

As for the 60 mile commute, you should have no problem. I did a trip from Shoreline to Olympia (73 miles), before the car was even broken in and got there with some miles left on the gues-o-meter (I was there for an overnight so I had a chance to charge to full capacity again). I did keep the speed down, but her commute should be well within capacity. I'd do 100% charging for those days or 80% if she can plug in at school for long enough using the L1. The first few trips she will probably want to do at 60 MPH with no heat/Ac and in eco mode. Once she has a benchmark for that commute seeing what wiggle room there is then she can ease into using the accessories and driving at higher speeds. Not sure what the gross change in elevation is for that commute, but you'll see how the hills effect range as well.

coodos to you for getting her the greenest car on the planet! check with your utility, chances are good you can sign up for 100% renewable electricity with a simple call!!

george

382 Days After Reservation - I picked up my Silver SL-e ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Simply amazing ! Nine miles after delivery, my wife (who never bothered with any Drive Test Drive), just took the car and... Immediately loved it! We both find the car kinda ugly but it drives very well. My wife has a heavy foot and easily got to 85mph on the autobahn ;) Between her and I we owned 13 BMWs, one 911, one Volvo and the Leaf competes very well in Wow factor. My two boys (7 & 9) also love the Leaf for its many gadgets and screens. I realize that the wait was challenging, but Kudos to Carlos Ghosn for his vision and the Japanese team for delivering. Now we need NNA to hire Brendan Dolan and fix CS and delivery snaffus.

Boardwalk Nissan was simply perfect. Brendan set the tone by agreeing to a decent decent price (-5% in pricey Silicon Valley) and keeping me posted with meaningful updates through the saga and Nate did an awesome job at the delivery.

Tonight is the next test... My Blink is set to charge at midnight to leverage my E9A TOU rates.

Long life to the Leaf and the happy MNL folks!

Merci Olivier pour ton exploit de la premiere livraison et tes commentaires qui nous ont permis de garder espoir durant la tres longue attente! Je t'offre un cafe a San Mateo si c'a t'interesse :D

I just drove mine home. I'll update the spreadsheet now. I never did get this VIN on my dashboard, so it was a little different getting started, but it all went into Carwings fine once we got the SV off my profile.

Love the Leaf. Picked it up Thursday. Don't order from North Texas Nissan in Grapevine. Horrible customer service!

Taken from my T
7c4f4bf2.jpg

3f9c8fb0.jpg

We also got our silver Leaf on Friday, 6/03. It is a very practical vehicle. The charging is inconsequential, not inconvenient at all. We also have an '06 Prius--The biggest difference is that the Leaf accelerates!! The car is not an attractive car, though. Sort of duck-ish looking. I think it would make a pretty Citroen, so we refer to its styling and appearance respectfully as "french" or "european" rather than ugly--respectfully, of course;)

Most importantly, it has relegated our fossil-fuel burning vehicles idle, if not nearly obselete. There are very few uses that require one of our other cars. With regard to gas burning automobiles, the "writing" as they say, "is officially 'on the wall.'"

Oh, and our 7 year old daughter is suprisingly 'aware' of the choice we made about reducing our carbon foot print and is just tickled that her mom and dad would get a car that will preserve the environment for her and her friends. She 'gets it', even at 7, and she is so appreciative. So kids understand these choices we are making, and they are grateful.

LEAFAGE said:
I think it would make a pretty Citroen, so we refer to its styling and appearance respectfully as "french" or "european" rather than ugly--respectfully, of course;)
Yes, a perfect comparison for many reasons besides looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gpUHtRVBn4

Perfect comparison. I loved the line about the DS's 'beauty'; "it's not the sort of beauty that you throw your arms up and wave around, like a Ferrari. It's the kind of beauty that you look at, and then discuss later, perhaps over a cup of coffee, perhaps all day."

A week late, but we picked up out Leaf from Fontana Nissan on Sat May 28th. I just ordered a personalized plate BIGWATT so I am excited. I just had our electrician put a 240 volt outlet into the garage. I am in the process of having our cable modified so that it can plug into this outlet. So things are flying.
Manny

hatuey said:
Read my Blog - My wife and I just got our Leaf - we are happier then flies on crap.

http://tomasito-h.blogspot.com/

:mrgreen:

I started reading your blog; but was offended by your language in the 2nd sentence. Coarse and un-called for, imho. :(

derkraut said:
hatuey said:
Read my Blog - My wife and I just got our Leaf - we are happier then flies on crap.

http://tomasito-h.blogspot.com/

:mrgreen:

I started reading your blog; but was offended by your language in the 2nd sentence. Coarse and un-called for, imho. :(

Well, at least derkraut's post got me to read your blog... I am slated for delivery at the end of the month--also enthusiastic. (My father, who is almost 90, virtually never swears--as I have observed--but also doesn't seem to be bothered by anyone doing so, which is, I think, the way to go).

Just got my Leaf this past Friday 6/4. Been visiting all the local Chargepoint sites within a 60 mile radius for a little adventure :)

Saturday morning, June 4, I woke up to find a strange vehicle in my garage with no tailpipe, but a large cable plugged into its nose. Then I recalled a weird dream I had had:

I was having an amazingly quiet drive home from the good folks at Empire Nissan in Ontario, CA. There had been a phone call Friday morning from Joe Sartor, the Leaf and Fleet Sales Director at Empire. In the 7 months since my order we had spoken many times, and he was almost always available to speak to me, but he had never before had news good enough to call me. This time he said: "We were expecting your Leaf in 7 to 10 days best-case, but this morning, without any warning from Nissan, your car rolled off the truck here. It is the first blue one we have seen. Come on down."

The dream was real.

Congratulations, Thomas! I expect "the week of the 24th of June." I retired March 31. I'm climbing Mt. Rainier this week. Then moving to an electric car. I enjoy the individual comments, stories, and visions that I see in these entries. I'm grateful I can afford the car. I consider the extra costs a civic responsibility kind of tax. I'm glad for being able to have already installed 6k of photovoltaic, solar hot water, etc. AND the fellow citizens who have done the same. Thanks also to all the advice you others have provided.

tbleakne said:
Saturday morning, June 4, I woke up to find a strange vehicle in my garage with no tailpipe, but a large cable plugged into its nose. Then I recalled a weird dream I had had:

I was having an amazingly quiet drive home from the good folks at Empire Nissan in Ontario, CA. There had been a phone call Friday morning from Joe Sartor, the Leaf and Fleet Sales Director at Empire. In the 7 months since my order we had spoken many times, and he was almost always available to speak to me, but he had never before had news good enough to call me. This time he said: "We were expecting your Leaf in 7 to 10 days best-case, but this morning, without any warning from Nissan, your car rolled off the truck here. It is the first blue one we have seen. Come on down."

The dream was real.

So cool to hear, Tom. I'm really so happy for you and happy that you'll get your full state rebate. "Squeek, squeek!"

I am IN. Very happy with VIN 2521. No pollen damage of any kind visible. Really fun.

Back