The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up our beautiful silver Leaf at Mossy Oceanside yesterday a little after noon! Woo Hoo!!! Friday the 13th was our lucky day!
We stopped by the dealership on Thursday to check on our status since our "week of" had started on Monday, May 9. Our Leaf had "just arrived" and was there in the service bay desperately in need of cleaning and prep with approx. 6 - 8 others. They took us back to see it, I checked the VIN to confirm that the wait was finally over!
Had 6 miles on delivery.
We're having a blast driving it and showing it off!!

Nice, leucadialeaf! I'll be looking out for you...

Hoping that they do get that pesky super Ninja pollen off my car by Monday and down to Mossy O'side this week!

[EDIT: Coming back from our kids' little league game, we saw a white Leaf going west on Leucadia blvd. Thought that might be you, but now I see yours is silver, not white.

Still looking for you... :)

Picked up VIN 1013 on Thursday, May 12 from Hunt Nissan in Chattanooga, TN. It was supposed to be VIN 0996, but that LEAF was delivered to the wrong person on Tuesday, May 10. I've changed the VIN on the spreadsheet.

From what I can gather, they had two Cayenne Red LEAF's and I guess the set up guy pulled the wrong one, and they didn't discover the problem until all the paperwork was done. Anyway, really no big problem. Getting Carwings redone again was a pain. I had originally set up VIN 0996 a few months ago. Had to go thorough a live person twice to get it done.

LOVE THE CAR!

Steve

We just picked up our Glacier Pearl ETEC Leaf from Mossy Oceanside this afternoon. Between the required vehicle delivery checklist and the paperwork, we spent a couple of hours at the dealership, but Julie Anderson took good care of us and the entire process was actually quite painless. We are still waiting on a few accessories (we did get floor mats!) but we're just happy to have the car at last.

After a celebratory late lunch in downtown Encinitas, our Leaf is resting in the garage awaiting its first charge from our Blink EVSE at midnight tonight. Let's hope that goes as planned...

Congrats, lambert! Yet another Leaf in Encinitas, this is so great! Maybe it was you that lonndoggie saw? Our first charge last night went off as scheduled, a little over 3 super off-peak hours. I'm sure you'll have no problem.

I'll bet that was lambert! We'd gone from the YMCA on Saxony at about 12:45 or so to Moonlight Beach...why? Because a friend emailed me a picture of a red Leaf getting a charge down there (it was the Encinitas 5/10K day event, probably Jerome Stock's car, I'd guess). We went down to see what was up. Didn't see that, so we headed home, up Leucadia Blvd and saw the purty white Leaf heading west. Lambert heading to lunch downtown?

Won't be long before you won't be able to go out in Encinitas without bumping into a Leaf! Woot!

It wasn't me... At around 1:30pm yesterday I was probably eastbound on Leucadia, then westbound on Encinitas Blvd a little later headed downtown. So there's someone else driving around our neighborhood in a white Leaf.

I just made a short video and would like Leaf owners to review it for errors and make comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xH2N2T2Fw
Thanks!

hansende said:
I just made a short video and would like Leaf owners to review it for errors and make comments:
Thanks!

Very nicely done video. A good introduction for newcomers and those wanting to introduce the LEAF to friends and family. I found no errors. Congratulations on your video and on your new LEAF!

Congrats to the Encinitas LEAF folks! I am over the hill in Elfin Forest still awaiting my LEAF, maybe in June. I hope to see you guys around!

derkraut said:
hansende said:
smkettner said:
Nice video, I just cringe when anyone says 220 volts.
I know it is an accepted term but why perpetuate it.

What phrase should I use instead?

To be technically correct, it's 240V
Thanks for the info. I will change that.

And 110V should be 120V?
And 440V should be what???

hansende said:
Thanks!
One minor comment: You seemed to be implying when looking under the hood that the electric motor is visible on the left side. Actually, that thing which looks sort of like a small gasoline engine is the inverter; the motor is underneath where it is difficult to see. [To get only slightly technical about it, the charger in the back of the car takes alternating current (AC) from the EVSE and converts it into direct current (DC) which is put into the battery. The inverter takes DC from the battery and converts it into AC to run the motor.]

Ray

Encinitas got another Blue LEAF today. We were at Mossy Oceanside, and they were driving out just as we were driving in. Being nosy people, we inquired about the LEAFs being delivered, and the VIN (1724) belonged to someone who is not on the spreadsheet, so I guess it's a "stealth membership" in the LEAF club. M.O. has one left and haven't been able to contact the owner. And no, Londoggie, it's not yours. LMW carries all the Encinitas VINs in her head, and she checked.

Time for another carrier load to roll into Oceanside, I think.

Yeah, my car hasn't shown up yet. My father-in-law has one reserved at Mossy O'side, too, and he and/or mother-in-law drop by there frequently and give me scouting reports. Maybe I can get you and them on a regular schedule, so you don't overlap. :)

Speaking of a blue Leaf in Encinitas, my wife saw one yesterday, too. They're breeding like rabbits...

Back