The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, with Maple having only about 2 hours to go "sipping e-sauce", I feel like I want to drive her over to see you ... like showing off a new child.

Of course, she looks just like any other baby hippo! :lol:

Now, to deal with applications for Rebate, EV Sticker, and HOV Sticker ... and a better charging arrangement.

omkar said:
Congrats all! Awesome to see some many recent deliveries. Our next meet up will be great! :D
It's gona be a might crowed parking lot . . . and that's good!

Speaking of that, last night (Tuesday) at Fudruckers in Lake Forest, all the Motorheads come out of the wood work, bring lawn chairs, and everyone checks out all their rods, their jacked up 4x4's ... lead sleds all tubed out ... musscle cars ... roadsters, etc. Lots of shiny stuff. So we pulled in, and my wife say, "hey, lets put OUR hood up like everyone ELSE is doing". Reluctantly, I did ... and was BLOWN AWAY, at how many of the 'rodders' were actually interested! My wife too, was very extited at the crowd's response. Can you imagine that? People that (for the most part) LOVE the stink of raw-unburned exhaust belching out the headers ... checkin' out the eco box. You could have knocked me over with a feather.
:D

Picked-up my Leaf last night at 6pm. Transaction went smoothly at Boardwalk, Redwood City. They didn't pressure me with any add-ons. It's hard to believe I'm living the EV dream from 8 years ago when I first started really wanting an EV :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new Leafers in the past few days!!

It's nice to see some of the long time 'regulars' from here finally getting to the front of the line!

Ok, everyone: Perma-EV-grin on 3!!!

One!

Two!!

:mrgreen:

ditto!!!! It is good to see folks who have been most helpful to this novice receiving their Leafs. I am still in the world of Pending. Maybe someday i will be as fortunate as you folks

Stan

Maple woke up apparently well fed, so I unplugged the L1 EVSE.

With the nose against the wall, one cannot open or close the charging hatch. It needs almost 3 inches. However, if open, there is enough room to insert and disconnect the L1 EVSE's "nozzle" (J1772 plug).

Well, you can add me to the list, finally, folks.

I drove my "Blue" off the lot at Connell in Costa Mesa this afternoon at 3:30. Great experience with Mark, Elise, Chris and Byron at Connell. Two thumbs up for a simple, honest, friendly and straightforward leasing and delivery process.

I went with a 39 month lease at 12k miles/yr. LEAF SL with QC and mats, $1k discount, lease cost $417/mo with $2k out of pocket.

Absolutely LOVE the car! Very pleased and excited.

The car was showing 91 miles range when I left the lot. It seemed to drop to 88 as soon as I drove off the lot. The 9 miles home on the freeway with climate control on took 11 miles off the range, not too bad. (No long, anxious drive home for this guy!) Energy efficiency showed 2.6 m/kWh ( :lol:) as I drove off the freeway. Took the wife for a short, mild 3 mile drive around the neighborhood and the miles remaining went UP by 4 miles.

I'll be blogging about my experience later tonight with pictures.

hill said:
omkar said:
Congrats all! Awesome to see some many recent deliveries. Our next meet up will be great! :D
It's gona be a might crowed parking lot . . . and that's good!

Speaking of that, last night (Tuesday) at Fudruckers in Lake Forest, all the Motorheads come out of the wood work, bring lawn chairs, and everyone checks out all their rods, their jacked up 4x4's ... lead sleds all tubed out ... musscle cars ... roadsters, etc. Lots of shiny stuff. So we pulled in, and my wife say, "hey, lets put OUR hood up like everyone ELSE is doing". Reluctantly, I did ... and was BLOWN AWAY, at how many of the 'rodders' were actually interested! My wife too, was very extited at the crowd's response. Can you imagine that? People that (for the most part) LOVE the stink of raw-unburned exhaust belching out the headers ... checkin' out the eco box. You could have knocked me over with a feather.
:D

hill, this is a good prompt for me to bring up my idea of having a bunch of us show up at Cars and Coffee in the Irvine Spectrum one morning. This is a very popular car meetup with all varieties of hot cars and new car previews every Saturday morning. It's early, so we'd need to be there at 6:30 am to have a chance to park as a group. I think we'd attract a lot of attention from the gearheads there, just like you did at Fuddruckers.

How about it, Gary, hill, TRONZ, mwalsh, me, maybe JPV if she has hers by then?

garygid said:
Date: Every Saturday, or when?
Where: What Parking Area?
When: What hours is the "event"?
etc.

Gary, it's every Saturday as far as I know.

Location is the former Ford Specialty Vehicles parking lot HQ near Gateway and Irvine Center Drive: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php

They have a family or group that provides a coffee and donuts, etc table at a moderate cost.

Cars arrive at 6:30 am, are leaving about 8:30 am. Some groups go for a group drive afterwards, so we might do that.

It's a pretty casual affair, something different every week. Some mfrs bring new models to get exposure, comments occasionally.

Let's talk about it on April 9 and see who's interested for some Saturday in the future.

Great, the more the merrier!

Possibly even Jimmydreams if he wants to drive up from O'side that early, and or other North County folks.

Oh and I forgot Omkar. Sorry, Omkar. :)

Boomer23 said:
Great, the more the merrier!

Possibly even Jimmydreams if he wants to drive up from O'side that early, and or other North County folks.

Oh and I forgot Omkar. Sorry, Omkar. :)

It's possible. Looks like it's about 45 miles one way, so perhaps a quick splash-n-go at a Nissan dealer along the way home. Let me know what day you guys are going and I'll check my schedule.

OK, Alton exit from I-5, go West one block and turn North on Gateway, go a long block to the right-bend, look for a parking lot entrance on your right, about the middle of the 90º sweeping left bend.

Nice to try sometime.
Somebody (maybe me) can try to stop by this Saturday (2 April) to check it out.

Well, looks like I'm a March delivery after all. Just took delivery this evening from Mossy Nissan Escondido (San Diego, CA area). Chris and the staff were awesome and for once, I had a salesman fully knowledgeable about the vehicle!!

Carwings was DOA, though. grrr.

Back