the free ride is over

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also talked with the Tumwater station owner and he did mention there was 2 LEAFs there very often who never came into his store. He also mentioned the occasional visitor almost always came in.

if they had stations going North, I would do the monthly in a minute but they dont and that means I would be paying to essentially use Tumwater only and I simply rarely have the need to do so. add to that the Oly dealer just around the corner and its just that less critical to me. now add a station in Tacoma, Lakewood, or going West and I am all over that

as far as cost? i think its reasonable since i always contended that Blinks $5 charge was a bargain to some but I'd rather see $15 an hour billed by the minute. this will encourage much more turnover at the fast charger and allow me to get $3.50 worth since that is about what i normally do anyway

keep in mind; shallower charges means less heat, less degradation

OK, I did it. I signed up. But I did it with a credit card that expires in August so I don't need to call them to cancel when summer is over. Now I just need to make sure I use the quick chargers 4 times a month to make sure I get my moneys worth. It will be good. It will make me take a break and go on a road trip now and then.

Things are also changing on the Nissan dealer QC front. The two dealers I have used the last few months recently (last two days) installed ChargePoint boxes on the QCs. No indication of cost at this point as they are still in setup phase. I am proud to say that with 108K miles, I have only paid $1 on publically accessible chargers.

So faced with this new reality, I will be subscribing to Aerovironment and see what I can do with that.

I subscribed under protest, but if they had some dcqcs in the seattle suburbs and more in eastern wa along i90, I'd be enthusiastically signing up. But I signed up. I guess that's all the money people think about. Not a big fan of the nissan chargers. Most are not open when the dealership is closed. Glad they are there, but getting there on time is just one more thing to think about.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Things are also changing on the Nissan dealer QC front. The two dealers I have used the last few months recently (last two days) installed ChargePoint boxes on the QCs. No indication of cost at this point as they are still in setup phase. I am proud to say that with 108K miles, I have only paid $1 on publically accessible chargers.

So faced with this new reality, I will be subscribing to Aerovironment and see what I can do with that.
--

you are one of a handful that will benefit greatly from the AV subscription plan. that would REALLY multiply if AV expands into the inner circle (aka as Blinkdom) somewhere farther North of your route.

For me it wont. With changes at work, I am driving just as much but NOT anything South of Tumwater. Since the AV in Tumwater is 8 miles from my house, its nearly useless to me.

Back