The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
What was the recent date that a Feb order got a VIN?
There have been a few. This looks like a recent example

Friday 13th July.
Volusiano>> "I ordered in late Feb'11, got a brief Month of June, then changed to a brief Month of May, then back to Month of June until now.
Got a call for an Ecotality Blink installation last week. Had it installed today.
..snip..Tried to enable CarWings and noticed a VIN in the Add Vehicle page. But when I tried to execute the Carwings agreement, got an error message that they couldn't activate my account and to check the VIN again for correctness..
...snip...Found out later on today that my Nissan dashboard has been updated to show Week of June 8 now from Month of June...
>>

smkettner said:
What was the recent date that a Feb order got a VIN?
Another: April 30th.

"Month of May" board >>I got my vin today (in my updated signature) when I went to register on carwings. However, that didn't go as smoothly. Apparently, my VIN and the communications system for the car weren't registered properly at the factory. I called Nissan CS and they were very helpful. They explained what happened, are going to get it corrected today and call me back.
Reserved: 7/6/10
Ordered: 2/9/11
Delivery: 5/30
Brilliant Silver SL-e w/ mud guards and floor-mats
ECOtality Blink (approved but pending)
VIN# 3405
>>>

Well then I have to agree that Nissan does not appear to have completely closed the loop hole on these Feb orders.
Still September orders are filling out fast compared to all else.

smkettner said:
I would not count on the spreadsheet to be perfect. There seem to be more than a few that have put in wrong data or have neglected to update to make corrections.
I am not in the spreadsheet because I've never figured out how to get into it, or found the appropriate thread. Nor have I ever seen it, for the same reason.

The thread
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949

The spreadsheet
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...kYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0

To make spreadsheet additions or updates
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE6MQ#gid=0

Wheres My LEAF page
http://www.richard.kelly.ws/wheresmyleaf/

Be patient as this last link takes a full 45 to 60 seconds to compile the data and graphics.

Also be patient with spreadsheet updates. It is quite a burden so it could take a week to see the change but most likely 3 to 5 days.

Dashboard just updated - week of June 15!

Signed up - Jan 2010
Deposit - April 2010
Inspection/paperwork complere - August 2010
Allowed to order - November 2010
Original delvery date - April 2011
Revised delvery date - June 2011

No second meter or BLINK installed yet.

Glacier Pearl, eTEC, with Quick Charger

I has been so long I still have to actually get the car to believe it!

Ordered 11/23/10, Cayenne Red, dashboard date just updated from "June 2011" to "week of June 14, 2011", VIN # 4335, and CarWings enabled!

What a test of patience this has been. Seeing an occasional Leaf "in the wild" on the streets of SF, and know of a red one that lives nearby.

Taxidan said:
Ordered 11/23/10, Cayenne Red, dashboard date just updated from "June 2011" to "week of June 14, 2011", VIN # 4335, and CarWings enabled!

What a test of patience this has been. Seeing an occasional Leaf "in the wild" on the streets of SF, and know of a red one that lives nearby.
Great to hear this. I think your date should prove fairly accurate. Those of us that were stuck with an April date watched the date pass right on by as Nissan updated the software, adjusted something with the airconditioner, waited for accessories in short supply, polished the pollen whatever from our cars. Many of us waited an extra 30+ days past our date and a few are still waiting. But I really think the delays from these issues will not repete.

so I was in the same state as drees & LALeaf until last wk (no VIN, mo. of june). the cs guy that called and told me my VIN said that the car was at port and just waiting until there is another transport to San Diego. -whatever that is worth. today, my board changed to "wk of 30 May"

opencar said:
so I was in the same state as drees & LALeaf until last wk (no VIN, mo. of june). the cs guy that called and told me my VIN said that the car was at port and just waiting until there is another transport to San Diego. -whatever that is worth. today, my board changed to "wk of 30 May"
Congrats! Looks like you may sneak into May!

FWIW, CS via online chat told me yesterday that their dashboard said "week of June 27". Ecotality told me last week their data said June 22.

I suspect that they were able to match up an orphan for you - a VIN that low should have been in port for some time now - most other people with VINs in that range have had "week of" dates for up to 2 months!

walterbays said:
But I fear there are also likely to be some who reserved 4/20 who have been knocked back to Pending through no fault of their own, while others receive their cars in the next couple of months.

Me too. 4/21 reservation (because that's when I got the email that reservations were opening!) 12/1 order (because that's when I was actually allowed to order). At one point AFTER the tsunami, told by Nissan I'd have a VIN on 5/9; then instead bumped to Pending, and now "tentatively month of July."

I still want a Leaf, but any loyalty I might have been building towards Nissan is probably permanently gone.

jwatte said:
I still want a Leaf, but any loyalty I might have been building towards Nissan is probably permanently gone.
Yes, I think that the Leaf brand still shines in my mind... the Nissan brand, not so much :twisted:

It is unfortunate for Nissan that the result of the these screw-ups has been to tarnish the Nissan brand for me. Perhaps that negative feeling will fade with time after I get Leaf.

The problem is (and so many of us are feeling it!) that Nissan has shown itself to be uncaring and incompetent. Utterly untrustworthy. But right now, and probably for the next couple of years, the Leaf is the only family-size EV available, and the only electric alternatives are a slow speed car like my Xebra, or the astronomically-expensive two-seat Tesla Roadster. If we walk out on Nissan now, as we should, we'll have AT LEAST a two-year wait for anything comparable.

it is becoming apparent that widespread availability of the Leaf will not happen until the TN plant comes online. Nissan did hint at that, but should have made it much more clearer.

i believe that their belief was that they had no peers and the hand raising we did was done so with little commitment on our parts, just a lot of hopes.

they probably did it to judge interest but we took it to mean that it was a solid timeline that as we know, is very difficult for any company to predict and maintain.

They actually did meet their production time line. They just decided, AFTER promising to deliver 4,700 cars to the U.S. in December and January, to divert that production to Japan, and leave us hanging. And then the lost orders. And the secrecy. And the lies. And the out-of-order deliveries, after PROMISING that would not happen. And the failure to hire adequate personnel to fix cars stuck in port in a timely manner. And, apparently, holding cars in port due to a shortage of floor mats, for crissake!!!

Since it appears that dealer demo LEAFs are (soon) being delivered ...

IF you Ordered in 2010, live in CA, and do not yet have a VIN and a delivery week, you might want to call Nissan CS (877-664-2738) and check your situation.

If you do not get satisfactory answers, you might want to politely request that they find a matching dealer demo and divert it to you ... and please send your case and request up to higher powers in Nissan.

"The squeaky worm often gets ... eaten!"

the sustainability website shows CVRP for CA 2010 orders just below 750 cars left assuming additional $2M funding. Hard to tell from our spreadsheet if that can cover the forgotten orders.

Back