Tesla Model X

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what to make of the doors. Maybe they think the batteries will wear out before the door hinges. :lol:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the requested URL the following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.
Footprint 4.8/FPMCP
Generated Fri, 10 Feb 2012 04:14:57 GMT by 206.33.61.124 (Footprint 4.8/FPMCP)

Elon, this is embarassing.

Video review ... and interview.

http://gigaom.com/cleantech/hands-on-video-with-teslas-electric-suv-the-model-x/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=earth2tech" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Same price as Model S
- 4.4 sec 0-60 for non-perf version

ModelX1.PNG

That back end are a BMW rip off. The door novelty will get old after a week and that ipad on steroids is not practical with direct sunlight.

No thanks and hope company is still in business in 2013.

How many can they mass produce daily or the wait will be toooo long and people will move to the next ev coming out.

Ian B

This is working - http://la.teslamotors.com/modelx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like it, but the price is going to make it again, a limited production vehicle. That is all Tesla can really do right now, hope they can up the game and make an affordable 300 mile vehicle soon. It doesn't have to go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds for me.

Boomer23 said:
Photoshop some actual side mirrors on that lovely body. The cameras they have on the prototype will never pass DOT.
Yes - Elon said as much in the interview.

I'll be watching closely for some actual specs on curb weight and energy economy per mile, but I really like the styling of both the S and the X, and the pricing puts them into the realm of the hot selling Porsche Panamera and Cayenne. If Porsche can be successful in that niche, I'm guessing that Tesla can be as well, as long as they make a satisfying and reliable product. Details count a lot in that niche, so Tesla better get them right.

evnow said:
Boomer23 said:
Photoshop some actual side mirrors on that lovely body. The cameras they have on the prototype will never pass DOT.

Well, he said that he hoped that they'd find a way to get them past DOT. I'm not so optimistic. On the topic of side mirrors, I wonder how Tesla is managing the sound issues that Nissan addressed with the headlight design on the LEAF.

Boomer23 said:
evnow said:
Boomer23 said:

Well, he said that he hoped that they'd find a way to get them past DOT. I'm not so optimistic. On the topic of side mirrors, I wonder how Tesla is managing the sound issues that Nissan addressed with the headlight design on the LEAF.

He can launch people into space. I think he can get away without a couple of mirrors.

It's very nice! they better fix that "frunk" latch though :p
It's got so much luggage space, plenty for dive gear and a kayak :)

We have never spent this kind of money on a car before, so it would take some serious mulling over before we would spring for it but it would be a nice complement to the Leaf. Having a metro car and one long distance runner that we can pile the family in with lots of gear and drive to the coast or even California without every buying gas again would be great.

My disappointment continues to be with the fast charging option. From my experience owning the Leaf, aside from charging at home, which mostly happens with the luxury of time over night, about the only thing we really crave is fast charging for long distance. The green highway is being put in place as we speak and assuming Ecotality gets it's act together before the federal funding deadline, there will be CHAdeMO chargers all over the place here very soon, as in this summer we are told (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0). I would be very irked if I spent $90K on a car that was not compatible with the most prolific option. It's a little preposterous to imagine Tesla exclusive quick chargers becoming prolific enough to really be any where near as common as the network going in will be. maybe I just can't imagine how different a 300 mile pack would be compared to the 80 mile one we have now.

On the other side of the equation, as a Leaf owner, or owner of any other electric car, I would be irked to be close to a Tesla charger but unable to use it. This decision to go with a proprietary charger just seems like an opportunity lost at a critical moment when we need unity to overcome the inertia against EV's. If Tesla would just stop letting perfect get in the way of good enough and put their weight behind CHAdeMO, it seems to me that we'd be that much closer to circumventing the SAE's attempt at holding back the momentum toward a QC network. I understand that there are concerns about the durability of the CHAdeMO design but I think that will get worked out on the handle end and the car receptacle will stay as is. I also can't help but feel like taxpayers have put a lot of money into this company and that producing a product that supported the most common standard rather than an exclusive one would be more appropriate of a company that has received so much public funding. I just can't get past this issue, it may very well preclude us ever owning the car.

Back