Tell about your dealer experience for Aug. orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kataphn

I am a Sept. order person and would like very much to hear about your experience with your dealer for Aug. orders....especially with Fontana, Connell or others in SoCal area. I have selected a preferred dealer but might change depending on what I hear.

Kataphn said:
I am a Sept. order person and would like very much to hear about your experience with your dealer for Aug. orders....especially with Fontana, Connell or others in SoCal area. I have selected a preferred dealer but might change depending on what I hear.

Ok, here's my experience:

I had worked with Dealer A up until this morning, with one or two calls to Dealer B. Dealer A was offering $500 under MSRP and I cajoled him into throwing in the floor mats. At the 10:30 this morning, (10 minutes before the ordering dashboard went 'live'), Dealer B calls and says he'll match $1000 under MSRP. While on the phone with Dealer B confirming the $1000 off, the dashboard goes live. I change my preferred dealer from Dealer A to Dealer B, and submit my RAQ.

Dealer B isn't logged into the Nissan server, so it takes them a few minutes to get their act together. I call them about the delays while I'm hitting REFRESH over and over because I'm waiting on my offer from Dealer B.

I get an offer price!! WOOT! It's filled with fine print and I couldn't find the final price, but the lease payment LOOKED about right, so I click ACCEPT. I get a confirmation message and then and ONLY then, does my email beep with a note from Dealer A saying "I sent you a RAQ based on our discussions." I look at the RAQ I accepted....it's from Dealer A not Dealer B.:evil:

I call Dealer A, get voicemail. I call Dealer B who says they show that THEY sent a quote. I check my dashboard again and now my 'order detail' is showing a complete blank! WTF!?! I log out, and log back in and there is the price quote from Dealer B showing the $1000 off. I accept it. I get an email from Nissan saying 'your order is confirmed' showing Dealer B as the dealer of choice.

Wow....last second confusion but everything worked out, and the monthly least price is lower, so I'm happy. I called Dealer A to see exactly what happened, and he said {edited by request}. So in the end, I'm happy, it was mildly confusing (caused in no small part by my switching preferred dealers AFTER the order button when live).

Now, the big wait for delivery.....
:mrgreen:

Positive experience with Danny at Fontana Nissan. They called the day before to confirm all charges. I got my $1000 discount from MSRP and the only added charges are destination charge, tax, title, and I added floor mats and cargo net.

So far the experience has been great.

I posted this on the August Order thread, but just in case here it is again:

"Wow, I just want to give props to my dealer, Susan at Boardwalk Nissan (Redwood City, CA), within 10 minutes of my RFQ, I received my quote and it was exactly as we discussed earlier on the phone. THANK YOU!! Nice not to have any last minute surprises. I would recommend them to anyone still looking for a dealer."

If you want to discuss pricing, please call them direct. Susan's number is 650-568-5372.

Positive experience with Mark at Connell...he stayed with me throughout the whole process. We had a small hiccup when he put me down as Tier 1 for the lease instead of Tier 0, and his end of the system locked up after I sent the original quote back to be reworked. But as smooth as silk otherwise! :D

I want to chime in and give a positive review of Danny at Fontana Nissan. We talked on the phone shortly after I submitted my RFQ and he walked through my order as he accessed the dashboard and confirmed my order. I received the $1k off MSRP as he had promissed originally. The offer was back in my queue within 10 minutes of talking with him and I accpeted it. Very smooth process.

I also want to say that he worked with me on my out of state (I am from AZ) purchase. I am picking up the car with my flatbed trailer and he researched/confirmed that if I do that (and the wheels do not touch CA roads after I purchase it) that I do not have to pay CA sales tax. When I get home I only pay AZ state sales tax and avoid any city sales tax. Combine that with a less than $40 doc fee for my paperwork (as I am doing the titling when I get to AZ; I get an MSO and a contract/bill of sale). Az dealers wanted another few hundred just to do paperwork; another savings.

All postings so far are very helpful. Thank you. For those in EV project, or pending, how did the dealer handle the QC ($700) in your final price agreed upon? Just left it off or ?

Danny at Fontana has been great. As with PRBERG< we talked day before, agreed on everything, sent in RAQ, he sent back right away. Done!
Fontana did a great job! September orderers should have no hesitation dealing with Fontana.

Skywagon said:
I want to chime in and give a positive review of Danny at Fontana Nissan.

I second that! Danny's been awesome--honest, available to answer questions, and friendly. He's restored my faith in car salesmen! :)

Danny at Fontana made it a smooth process. It seems like all his Day 1 business must have come from this forum.
I had a question about the Quick Charge option and he suggested he could call Nissan for me to ask before I submitted the RAQ.

Fontana gets a thumbs up from me so far.

My dealer says that they have not been able to connect to the Nissan site for quite some time while the request emails are pilling up with mine being one of them :(

I'm really happy with Ron from North Bay Nissan. He honored the 5% off MSRP. He did put the destination charge in, which apparently is usually not included (based on nissan's footnote on the dashboard) but he did mention it in his comment for clarity purposes.
And even if I was to get charged that later ( which he assured me I wouldn't over the phone) I'm still almost 1k bellow MSRP.
So in the end , I'm paying less than the SL public MSRP, and that includes the QC option, destination and the floor mats.

Had a great experience, including a personal phone call to verify the order details, from Campbell-Nelson in Shoreline, WA. Worth pointing out that my dashboard went live a full hour before I got the "you can now order" email from Nissan.

We worked with Mark Ranauro, the GM at Connell Nissan Costa Mesa. Process went very smooth and professional. He called and entered the order while we were on the phone. We are about 70 miles from his dealership and wondered if range would be an issue, given it's nearly all 65 mph+ highways. He said if we are concerned, he would drive the Leaf to his home which is 20 miles closer to us, charge it up to 100%, and we could pick it up there. How's that for thinking out of the box!

We have an email back into them on a question. We noticed that the trim description came through as "ETEC Trim". We wanted an SL with a Level 3 connector. The connector should be included free of charge because we are part of "The EV Project". We thought the trims would be listed as SL-E or SV-E. Nowhere does Nissan define the "ETEC Trim". We just need that clarified that we are getting an SL with Level 3 interface.

ritikatootie said:
We have an email back into them on a question. We noticed that the trim description came through as "ETEC Trim". We wanted an SL with a Level 3 connector. The connector should be included free of charge because we are part of "The EV Project". We thought the trims would be listed as SL-E or SV-E. Nowhere does Nissan define the "ETEC Trim". We just need that clarified that we are getting an SL with Level 3 interface.

Yes, that is SL-e. See my sticky thread on trims, features etc.

Antelope Valley Nissan was aces all the way.

Submitted my RAQ, and got a personal call from Victor who wanted to make sure he had all the details right. Minutes later, I received the quote, and clicked accept. Order placed.

No fuss, no muss. Highly recommend Victor at Antelope Valley. They made a great deal on price as well.

-Driveleaf

I recommend Avondale Nissan in Phoenix. They were quick, no hidden charges, and called me several times to get everything right before they submitted pricing to me. My order went through about an hour before apparently the servers went down.

Back