Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about Honda Civic Hyrbrids!? Yes Civic hybrids have not sold as well and as many as the Pruius, BUT there are some like me who are purchasing LEAFs too! :)

JPC2822 said:
What about Honda Civic Hyrbrids!? Yes Civic hybrids have not sold as well and as many as the Pruius, BUT there are some like me who are purchasing LEAFs too! :)

No slight intended, in fact (as the one who proposed the metric), I actually have a Civic Hybrid, not a Prius, which I'm having trouble forcing myself to part with even though we already have our LEAF. It's just that, as you pointed out, total Prius sales have been much higher.

Gonewild said:
OK update change my car to March 4 from March 3.

Ok, update from 3pm to 1pm. These random small changes to the delivery near the end are just ridiculous. I realize that Nissan is changing the date back and forth a day or two, and they will probably continue to do this to all deliveries, but we do not really need to know every small change. Based on earlier deliveries you'll probably get it changed to March 4th again and then it will move to March 2nd.

I'm not really picking on you, its really Nissan that is annoying in this way. If they would stop these tiny date changes, then we'd stop reporting them. You're getting way too much information, and I'm getting far too little.

:lol:
palmermd said:
Gonewild said:
OK update change my car to March 4 from March 3.

Ok, update from 3pm to 1pm. These random small changes to the delivery near the end are just ridiculous. I realize that Nissan is changing the date back and forth a day or two, and they will probably continue to do this to all deliveries, but we do not really need to know every small change. Based on earlier deliveries you'll probably get it changed to March 4th again and then it will move to March 2nd.

I'm not really picking on you, its really Nissan that is annoying in this way. If they would stop these tiny date changes, then we'd stop reporting them. You're getting way too much information, and I'm getting far too little.

March 2nd now. The dates are probably automatically determined and updated based on some other variable - may be based on the date when the car gets attended to in the port ?

If y'all would stop checking every hour, you wouldn't see the little vibrations in your delivery date.

You're probably slowing the whole system by checking. It makes them pull your car out of line to confirm the VIN. :lol:

Yes I got the same two e-mails Nissan LEAF Welcome and the Pre-Checklist. They don't mean a thing! My dashboard says Estimated delivery week of February 11! I called my dealer- they know nothing. Called Nissan EV they know nothing. It is useless trying to figure LEAF delivery dates! They are purposely keeping the information from me! Nissan told me that the Estimated delivery week means it can be 7 days after the date= Week of February 11 could mean any date between today Feb. 11th and Friday February 18th!

JPC2822 said:
Yes I got the same two e-mails Nissan LEAF Welcome and the Pre-Checklist. They don't mean a thing! My dashboard says Estimated delivery week of February 11! I called my dealer- they know nothing. Called Nissan EV they know nothing. It is useless trying to figure LEAF delivery dates! They are purposely keeping the information from me! Nissan told me that the Estimated delivery week means it can be 7 days after the date= Week of February 11 could mean any date between today Feb. 11th and Friday February 18th!
Interesting. Your signature, BTW, says 14th. Whether I get the car on Mar 2nd, depends on whether you get the car next week ! I expect to get the car 2 weeks after CA guys get it ..

My Estimated Delivery week has changed approximately FIVE times in the past 10 days! It is stable now at Feb. 11th! Might as well say MONTH OF FEBRUARY! It is useless...

My delivery date changed again last night from 18 Feb. to 22 Feb. It has bounced from 18-24 Feb several times over the last 10 days, and I too, have gotten those two useless emails from Nissan about pre-delivery, etc.

I keep saying Nissan corporate are about as sensitive to LEAF early buyers/customers as a rhino is to a gnat. They really don't understand and moreover don't seem to care that this uncertainty and the random changes just....make this whole ordering process, which started so well, taste very VERY bad as we approach closure.

And I, for one, will NOT be forgetting and forgiving Nissan for these hassles. Nissan corporate has not communicated directly with us to explain ANY of these changes, nor have they ever made any real gesture to compensate us for the delays we have faced in finally getting our cars.

For me, these delays have cost me several hundred dollars in less value for the selling price of the car I am replacing with the LEAF, and of course every week I keep buying fuel when I should be recharging my LEAF (with free solar panel compensated electricity)so there is another compenent of "expense" I am absorbing....

And none of our "issues" and concerns have been appreciated by Nissan...as far as I can tell?

GeorgeParrott said:
My delivery date changed again last night from 18 Feb. to 22 Feb. It has bounced from 18-24 Feb several times over the last 10 days, and I too, have gotten those two useless emails from Nissan about pre-delivery, etc.

I keep saying Nissan corporate are about as sensitive to LEAF early buyers/customers as a rhino is to a gnat. They really don't understand and moreover don't seem to care that this uncertainty and the random changes just....make this whole ordering process, which started so well, taste very VERY bad as we approach closure.

And I, for one, will NOT be forgetting and forgiving Nissan for these hassles. Nissan corporate has not communicated directly with us to explain ANY of these changes, nor have they ever made any real gesture to compensate us for the delays we have faced in finally getting our cars.

For me, these delays have cost me several hundred dollars in less value for the selling price of the car I am replacing with the LEAF, and of course every week I keep buying fuel when I should be recharging my LEAF (with free solar panel compensated electricity)so there is another compenent of "expense" I am absorbing....

And none of our "issues" and concerns have been appreciated by Nissan...as far as I can tell?

+1!
It's great for those who already received their LEAFs (60 people) MANY MORE will be/are being bounces around like us! I will not forget and that is why I am leasing the LEAF and not buying it!

GeorgeParrott said:
And I, for one, will NOT be forgetting and forgiving Nissan for these hassles.
OK George - we get it. You hate Nissan and your future Leaf. Remind us why you are getting one already? Oh yeah - it's your only choice for an affordable EV.

I would GLADLY go through Nissans 'crappy' Customer Service as long as I had a Leaf down the road. :-/ I will just have to wait to Reserve. :)

Well Mikey D- imagine if you ordered like a year ago (which you can't because you haven't) and then you are told you are going to get it two months ago, then one month ago, then two weeks ago, then a week ago, etc. O, wait, you wouldn't know the feeling because you haven't ordered a LEAF yet!
I would prefer NOT to have ordered a LEAF, be rich, and to have bought a Roadster! :lol:

JPC2822 said:
I would prefer NOT to have ordered a LEAF, be rich, and to have bought a Roadster! :lol:

You might get that chance someday :p
http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-unveils-esflow-electric-sports-car-concept-solidly-hinting-future-design-106791.html

charlie1300 said:
Just some observations:
1. I seriously doubt that who ever set up the online reservation system at Nissan even remotely thought that customers would be trying to calculate reservation/order/delivery by days
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
Have a beer and relax.
Well . . . . it is 8:45 in the morning . . . . nothing wrong with getting an early start . . . might as well !!
;)

Changing the subject abruptly . . . There's a city council member (named "Stocks) in Encinitas that recently received a Leaf (thanks to evnow for the find on the Prius forum) ... not much detail, but maybe it's worth posting it onto the spreadsheet?

GeorgeParrott said:

(wow ... someone really needs a hug)

Back