SoCal Branch Year 3 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the call from Judy at Cerritos Nissan. Their DCQC is operational.

garygid said:
Good news on their QC?

Maybe somebody can stop by there before our
Gathering and QC for 5 minutes, to give us a
first-hand update at breakfast. :?:
Just to be clear, breakfast tomorrow, April 27, is at Santa Ana, NOT at Cerritos, but it would be great if someone coming from that direction could stop by Cerritos Nissan, check it out, and thank Judy.

<Edit> Heck, I think I will go down to Cerritos first thing, fill back up to my new "80%" (74% Gids), and come over on I91 and I5 to Santa Ana. Adds 6+17 = 23 miles. I then should have my normal amount to get home from Santa Ana. I will be a little late.

I'm very disappointed that I can't make tomorrow's breakfast, but the tract wide garage sale event is tomorrow and I just have got to get the garage cleared out so my poor Leafie can finally have a roof over her head! Not to mention getting my OpenEVSE box installed. So, wont' be seeing you all till the Cerritos meetup, but if anyone would like to come by for the sale, (7-12) or come see my de-turfed native garden, please PM for address! And if you can't make it tomorrow, the garden is included on this tour next Saturday: http://www.occnps.org/component/content/article/248-garden-tour-2013-gardens-5-8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's garden #8, the tour's free and you can get all the addresses by registering. Hope to see you! Dori

Thank you so much for welcoming Jacob, Andy, and me to the group. We had a great time. I will try to come regularly, and I'll keep in contact with all of you.

In recompense for my not being able to attend the next two meetings, there are two tickets available to a concert tomorrow night, Friday, 5/3 at 8pm in Costa Mesa.

Please contact me by PM, phone or email if you would like to attend. Will give details then.

This coming Saturday is the 11th, with our next Gathering
scheduled for Cerritos, at the Hometown Buffet just north
of South Street, about 2 blocks East of the 605 freeway.

Presumably the QC at Cerritos Nissan is operational,
and perhaps even accessible, probably requiring a
key card from someone inside.

If there is interest in using Turbo3's very nice Android app,
getting the Android device (if you do not already have one),
obtaining (and possibly modifying) the ELM327-type clone
device, and getting it all set up to use, please indicate here.

I have some hardware, Android and ELM327, and am
willing to lead an Android workshop if there is interest,
and we have a spot to meet (with WiFi).

Gary,
I'd be interested in seeing the Elm-327 device demo'd if you will have it at the Cerritos meeting.
My 28 month old LEAF is still going strong, but I'll be driving my newer EV to this one.
No QC'ing necessary for such a short (~70mi) trip.

I will have the Kyocera Android phone with the LEAF Battery app,
connected by Bluetooth to an ELM327-type clone dongle.

I will try to have an extra for any interested party.

I also have the CANary and GizmoV1 to show any interested person.

Who thinks that they will be able to attend.

I might be able to get hold of a disused Droid X from a family member to use with the ELM. Aside from ELROY's initial problems with his Droid X2, does anyone know of any issues with a Droid X working with the ELM?

I will be there! Could use a view of my cell pair voltages in graph form. Will do a 100% charge and let it sit plugged in for 4+ hours. My last reading had 100mv differences between highest and lowest cell at 100% SOC :shock:

The main features that the Android device needs:

A. Bluetooth, which can use the SSP profile to
connect to the ELM327-type device.

B. Probably Android version 2.2 or later.

C. Some way to get the app into the device, like:
1. WiFi with a Browser that can download app (.apk) files.
2. Cell phone data plan with browser, etc.
3. A USB cable to a PC where the Android device looks like
an external storage device, so no PC driver is required.

D. A reasonable size/resolution display screen,
usually color, with touch input.

E. GPS is nice, but not required at all.

An older Android device, or older Android smartphone,
even with an expired servce, might work just fine.

If you have something that you would like to try,
bring it with you to the Gathering this coming
Saturday in Cerritos at Hometown Buffet.

Back