SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
We had 9 show up, with 6 LEAFs, I believe.

. . . . . . . . . (he meant "i BELAF" wait, that's MY license). . . . . . . snip . . . .

Next meeting on March 10th in Cerritos, I expect.
Then, Santa Ana again on the 24th of March.

Comments or suggestions?

Get your taxes done!!!
Taxes? I thought we have until mid October!
;)

Gary must be busy today. He failed to post the 24 hour notice! :eek:

Anyway, this the approximate 17.5 hour notice (for the early birds, 18 for me).

10 fine folks, at least 5 LEAFs (plus one at Cerritos Nissan
having a firmware Upgrade), and lots of quite good food.

One big topic was QC machines, their placement,
and the hurdles to overcome in deployment of QC stations.

Much in the way of good, thoughtful, friendly chat.

A few arrived a little later, and a few had to leave a bit earlier,
but I had a fine time, and only "damped" myself a few times! :roll: :D

Planning on it.

Anybody know of a place to plug in there? There aren't any external plugs on the HTB building. Haven't looked at the rest of the mall.

garygid said:
If needed, you could L2 at Tustin Nissan (a bit
South on 1-5) and I could shuttle you to HTB.

Or L2 at Main Place Mall a bit north and I can meet you there and shuttle you. That's a free Clipper Creek unit.

Hi All,

I'm a new leaf owner and new to this forum. I ran into someone from this group at OC Nissan while I was on the lot working on my purchase deal so I thought I'd drop by. Originally, my goal was to order my new 2012 Leaf off the website. I had gone through a few steps when the dealership called to "discuss" pricing. They ended up selling me one off the lot, so instead of completing the step by step process including the charging station installation I just took it home and have not yet secured a home charging station. I'd love to go to the gathering Saturday to ask around and see what other folks in the area have done, but I'm swamped that day. :(

I don't know if this is proper etiquette in the forum, but if anyone has some helpful advise, I'd love to hear it. Driving from Corona to Newport everyday for work on a trickle charge has been nerve-wracking to say the least.

Thanks!

Back