Seating Position Different than tour vehicles?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

So when I went on the test drive back in Dec, my biggest concern was the seats. I'm very particular about seating position. At the time, I was surprised that the seats were comfortable.

Last night I got in my car when it came off the truck and felt the seat position was not the same, even after adjustment. Specifically, the bottom of the seat does not tilt as much as I remember not giving me as much "bucket" as I'd like. I feel like I am sliding off the front of the seat because it's too flat.

Anyone else feel that way or is it just me? I'm inclined to think it's just me but it really has me bugged as it was something I took very careful note of at the test drive. I'm not sure if I would have changed my decision to get the LEAF but, had I known, it *definitely* would have played a big roll in my decision.

i am not that particular with the seats especially since i will never be in it long term?? but then again, we spent over 3 hours driving around the other day looking at houses, but hard to get uncomfortable when i probably got out to look at least a dozen houses.

one thing that was observed was that the back seats sit higher than my Prius. my nearly 4 YO Son LOVED that. he can see a whole lot better.

Did you lower the seat all the way? Most seats give you more "bucket" when you lower the seat as they drop the rear of the seat more than the front.

I was thinking the opposite. I felt the demo cars had little or no under thigh support and I was "sliding forward" on the brakes. My car feels fine. Go figure.

Does anyone happen to have a short spouse? I have read several comments on other threads that insinuate that short people (ie 5 ft or so) have had to use pillows and such to see. I find it hard to believe that the drivers seat vertical adjustment would be inadequate. Any experiences?

My wife who is 5 ' needs a pillow. No question about it. We are kooking for a cushion that will take care of the problem. If the Leaf had electric seats there would not be a problem. The mechanical seats do not adjust upward enough.

Mine good wife is almost 5', but has shorter legs, so it appears that she will not need a pillow.

I am 6' 2", and only had about an inch of headroom in the test drive with the seat all the way down.

A 6' 5" friend (another member nearby) also fits, but he apparenly has much longer legs than I do.

So, height is not really the factor, but the "above the fanny" height is the determining factor.

Back