San Diego Leaf Gathering 4/23 at Hometown Buffet Mira Mesa

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Ok, the date is set....

We're going to be getting the San Diego Leafers together on Saturday 4/23 at the same time and place as before, the Hometown Buffet in Mira Mesa...

It is located at 10660 Camino Ruiz in Mira Mesa...We'll be there at 8:30am to get things started...We'll have more Leafs in the parking lot this time than last, for sure, so there will probably be more "parking lot time"...Since I just upgraded my speakers, we can do a "sound-off".... :)

Leon will be there from Mossy, and our usual cast of characters...Let's see if we can break the record for the number of Leafs together in one place...

We hope to see you there!!!!!

Randy

Randy said:
Ok, the date is set....

We're going to be getting the San Diego Leafers together on Saturday 4/23 at the same time and place as before, the Hometown Buffet in Mira Mesa...

It is located at 10660 Camino Ruiz in Mira Mesa...We'll be there at 8:30am to get things started...We'll have more Leafs in the parking lot this time than last, for sure, so there will probably be some parking lot time this time around...Since I just upgraded my speakers, we can do a "sound-off".... :)

Leon will be there from Mossy, and our usual cast of characters...Let's see if we can break the record for the number of Leafs together in one place...

Randy

Randy...

I'll try hard to be there. I'd LOVE to hear a 'sound off' of your new speakers!! One of the biggest dislikes of my Leaf is the sound.....so upgrading the speakers is an option. But since my car is a lease, I'd have to let the new speakers go with the car if I decide not to buy at the end of the lease. :|

Jimmydreams said:
Randy said:
Ok, the date is set....

It is located at 10660 Camino Ruiz in Mira Mesa...We'll be there at 8:30am to get things started...We'll have more Leafs in the parking lot this time than last, for sure, so there will probably be some parking lot time this time around...Since I just upgraded my speakers, we can do a "sound-off".... :)

Randy

Randy...

I'll try hard to be there. I'd LOVE to hear a 'sound off' of your new speakers!! One of the biggest dislikes of my Leaf is the sound.....so upgrading the speakers is an option. But since my car is a lease, I'd have to let the new speakers go with the car if I decide not to buy at the end of the lease. :|

Can't you just keep the original speakers and swap them back when lease term is over?

I plan on being there also this time.

If you save the old speakers, then you'll need to come up with mounting brackets / adapters for the new speakers. I couldn't find anything on the market just yet, so I used the old speakers for their bracket and tore out all the "speaker" parts such as the cone, voice coil, etc. I started a thread last night that has photos....

Since the speakers are only $200 for all 4, I would probably just leave them in since it would take many hours to remove them and replace them. Not sure what an install shop would charge to do the removal. What if you went to all the trouble to remove them and then didn't use them again because they don't fit the next car, etc?

There's a Nissan dealer in Oceanside near I-5 that should work. Leon's dealership is a few miles south of the HB on I-15 but that's also a possibility...

Randy said:
If you save the old speakers, then you'll need to come up with mounting brackets / adapters for the new speakers. I couldn't find anything on the market just yet, so I used the old speakers for their bracket and tore out all the "speaker" parts such as the cone, voice coil, etc. I started a thread last night that has photos....

Since the speakers are only $200 for all 4, I would probably just leave them in since it would take many hours to remove them and replace them. Not sure what an install shop would charge to do the removal. What if you went to all the trouble to remove them and then didn't use them again because they don't fit the next car, etc?

Yes you are right. Just saw your install thread. Not worth putting them back in.

Jimmy,
That would be really good, since I could (most likely) make the
RT to Mira Mesa from Oceanside on a "full tank".

However, the timing of the first part of the trip is the tough little detail.
To be at HTB about 8:30, ...
I would need to leave Oceanside about 7:50 ...

To "top up" after the 40 miles from my place to yours, ...
might take around 3 hours, so ...
for the 50 minute drive to your house ...
(leave my house at 7:00 AM MINUS the charging time) ...
I would need to leave my house about 4:00 AM :( :(

Possible, but a considerable imposition, I think.

Leave 4:00, Arrive 4:50
Charge 3 hours (4:50 to 7:50)
Leave 7:50, Arrive HTB 8:30

Jimmy, I REALLY appreciate your offer,
but I hate to do that to anybody, even ME! :lol:

(Not to mention charging for another 4 hours somewhere in the afternoon to get back home.)

Well, the trip could work, but a QC station in Oceanside
would be REALLY much more convenient.

Too bad Mossy Nissan Oceanside does not have a QC installed ...
AND available at 7:30 AM (24/7) !!!

Or, even ONE dependable 24-hour QC station anywhere between
Oceanside and about the I-5/805 split would make the trip much more "reasonable".

garygid said:
Jimmy,

I guess I should have clarified my offer to read "during normal business hours"!! My car will probably still be charging as late as 6am, so arriving earlier than that won't work for many reasons (the least of which is that the sun won't even be up then!!)

Leaving the house at 4am isn't worth it....not for just the monthly breakfast visit. :?

Reminder:
San Diego Gathering this coming Saturday (23 April)
Breakfast buffet at Hometown Buffet in Mira Mesa.
8 or 8:30 AM to about 11 or 11:30.
All interested folks welcome.

With no QC stations yet, looks like I will need to drive the Prius.

Thanks, Gary...

Yes, it is looking to be a great event. I've been spreading the word to a larger group of people, including some non-forum folks....

We should have a lot to talk about, some good demo / lecture items, and some great parking lot time....

Since the last meet, I've received my HOV stickers, the ZEV sticker from the DMV, received my Imagineer Nissan EVSE mod back, had tinting applied to the windows, added the "electric" badge, replaced the door speakers, added the Bazooka subwoofers, and I also have a special steering wheel surprise....I'd love to give demos and show off all the other stuff as well...

It should be fun!!!! Looking forward to seeing as many people there as we can!!! Let's pack the place!!!!

garygid said:
Jimmy,

Leave 4:00, Arrive 4:50
Charge 3 hours (4:50 to 7:50)
Leave 7:50, Arrive HTB 8:30

Jimmy, I REALLY appreciate your offer,
but I hate to do that to anybody, even ME! :lol:

(Not to mention charging for another 4 hours somewhere in the afternoon to get back home.)

Well, the trip could work, but a QC station in Oceanside
would be REALLY much more convenient.

Too bad Mossy Nissan Oceanside does not have a QC installed ...
AND available at 7:30 AM (24/7) !!!

Or, even ONE dependable 24-hour QC station anywhere between
Oceanside and about the I-5/805 split would make the trip much more "reasonable".

Gary: I did less planning than that on my 4000mi trip to North Dakota and back last summer in the Prius! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to everyone who came out this morning - I think we had about a dozen leafs (though a few were gone by the time we got to photo ops) but had a ton of people show - I only took a few shots (and no others were snapping all over the place)..but here are mine. To say that there were only a few Mossy Leafs there is an understatement :)

Until next time!

-Mike

20110423SanDiegoLeafMeetup.jpg

Back