Sacramento Area meet-ups?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdvb747 said:
Are there any regular Sacramento area meet-ups?
If not is anyone interested in meeting up?
I'm sure people will show up if you set a date and time. Decide what works for you and make it happen!

We've had several, most recently on the 20th of August and usually get a REALLY good turnout There aren't any currently scheduled, however...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4789" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For people who want to meet up this month, I run an car show called Green Drive Expo in the East Bay on Saturday, September 17th.

There are speakers, test drive, and exhibits.

Although there isn't general charging available, if you register ahead of time to show off your car ($15 for mynissanleaf.com members) you are upgraded to VIP status and get a bunch of swag, plus, you'll be able to charge up for the day.

There are some caveats to this, so find out more info about it on the thread I started here on MyNissanLeaf.

Hi Sacramento Area Leafs:

I am from the SF Bay Area (Oakland). I think we need to develop some sister-city collaboration with area Leaf groups so we can EXTEND our Leaf's range externally. By that, I mean we now have a radius of about 70-80 miles per charge from our home base. If I need/want to go to the Sacramento area, I would have to charge somewhere en route for a good half a day or more. That can be fun exploring the town where I am charging. But down the road, I might want to get to my destination quicker.

So what can one do? Exchange Leafs with each other in neighboring zones. The details you work out with each other. It's like CarShare but for Leafs only. Or, like A Better Place but instead of swapping batteries, you swap the whole car. Or, it is like Plugshare, without waiting around while charging if your destination is even a bit further down the road. This gives you a 140-160 mile one-way to an end destination. Yes, I know you can or should take your ICE second car, but what is the fun in that (to paraphrase someone).

I am open to this concept and am looking for someone based near Davis. Again, it is peer-to-peer so post your desired exchange locations. So, if anyone wants to try out this concept, let's see what can be worked out. And don't forget to post your experience.

That's an interesting idea, but not for me. There's no way I'd do that - too many risks and liabilities...

Does anyone know what is the latest situation with the Quick Charge (L3) in Vacaville? Or point me to the relevant links? Is there any reason why we don't have even one QC in northern California that works? Oregon, Washington and southern California (albeit at Mitsubishi headquarters), all have at least one QC (if not more) that works.

The next currently planned EV "event" in the Sacramento area is on 13 September and is organized the the regional "Clean Cities Board" as here announced:

Tuesday, September 13, 2011
California Automobile Museum
2200 Front Street, Sacramento
VEHICLES! FUELS! TECHNOLOGY! Is there a “best” choice for your fleet for the next decade? Displays and workshops featuring discussion of fuel & vehicle choices. Other topics include; compliance with California Air Resources Board regulations, alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles and infrastructure ranging from scooters to heavy-duty trucks and from ethanol to renewable diesel. Technology representatives will be available to answer questions!

I am working to coordinate the Sacramento region "National Plug-in Car Day" scheduled for 16 October. We are now cleared for an "EV CRUISE evening" on 14 October (in Davis, CA.) and then a "park-in" and conversation time as part of the "Cool Davis" festival on 16 October in the afternoon. While there is little real hope, I am trying to use some "capitol connections" to get Governor Brown to drop by one or both of these weekend activities in Davis, CA. Last year over 1700 attended the Sunday festival portion of this annual "green and clean" program, so it will be a wonderful opportunity to promote clean EV driving.

Hopefully, we will have a large turnout of LEAF, VOLT, TESLA, and even conversion-EVs. At our last such gathering in Sacramento in August, we had an incredible VW Bug conversion as part of our gathering, by the way !

Georgeparrot- where is the meeting place on the 14th in Davis for the parade?

Where is the cool Davis location on the 16th?

Thanks

Phoenix said:
Does anyone know what is the latest situation with the Quick Charge (L3) in Vacaville? Or point me to the relevant links? Is there any reason why we don't have even one QC in northern California that works? Oregon, Washington and southern California (albeit at Mitsubishi headquarters), all have at least one QC (if not more) that works.
Extra! Extra! Read all about it...

MNL Google Search + Vacaville = #1 result = http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recommend starting with the last couple of pages. :D

Fellow Sacramento Area EV/Plug-in Car enthusiasts,

We are getting closer to a real promotion and outreach event for "getting the word out" relative to the option for clean electric driving. The Sierra Club, Plug-in Cars, and the Electric Vehicle Association have joined to promote a NATIONAL PLUG-IN CAR DAY on Sunday October 16, 2011.

Since this event has NATIONAL promotion, we might even get a new Mitsubishi "i" coming under factory presence....

I am helping to coordinate this for the greater Sacramento Region, and we are going to take advantage of an on-going event in Davis for our "big Sunday" EV Education impact. The "Cool Davis Festival" attracted almost 2000 attendees this past year, and this year promises to be even bigger. We are getting extensive space to park our new technology cars and communicate how they can work in day-to-day driving. The SUNDAY "park-in" will be from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm there in Davis.

On FRIDAY, October 14, in the early evening there in Davis, we are also going to do an "EV CRUISE DAVIS DRIVE" around the downtown area of Davis, with a potential gathering after for dinner somewhere. I don't at this moment, have an exact time window on the CRUISE DAVIS, but it will be somewhere around 5:50-6:00 pm, I am guessing.

I critically NEED TO KNOW how many/who is going to be able to come and join in the promotion of our clean driving vehicles, so PLEASE RSVP for the following details:

______ YES, I can make the Friday Evening Cruise Davis with my EV, which is____________

______ Nope, sorry, I cannot make the Friday CRUISE.

______YES, I can make the Sunday afternoon National Plug-In Car Day promotion in Davis with my ___________________________ (which EV are you bringing?)

______ SORRY, I can't make Sunday afternoon.

For those who confirm interest, I will be forwarding specific gathering details for both FRIDAY and SUNDAY. If you know others not included here who might want to attend with their new EVs, please forward this post to them. ALL are invited !!!!

You can respond to me directly via
gparrott at csus dot edu

I am advised that this is the way to present a personal email, as it won't be automatically picked up by spam search processors. Clearly "at" means @ and "dot" means put that .

Back