Riverside, CA : $2,500 incentive for Hybrids and EVs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

A GM dealer in gm-volt has posted this.

Anyone from Riverside, CA ?

http://gm-volt.com/2010/09/27/gm-patent-application-may-be-for-the-chevrolet-volts-transmission/

I just got off the phone with one of my early Volt Customers who said that our fair city has approved a $2,500 Incentive.

Update: I spoke to a member of the City Council, and it is TRUE, they approved a cash incentive for Individuals (no fleet sales) to get $2,000 if they buy a Hybrid or an Electric Car from a dealer in our city.

This applies to Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, GEM, Lexus, Honda, Mercedes, and any other Electric or Hybrid vehicle on the market from a mainstream manufacturer. I think everyone should give a call to their City Councilman and see what your town is doing to promote “Green Vehicles”…!

How cool is that?!!!!

"Which Vehicles Qualify for the Rebate?
In order to qualify for the rebate a vehicle must be purchased from a City of Riverside automobile dealership authorized to do business within the City and fueled exclusively by natural gas or be a gasoline-hybrid which meets the following criteria:"

Nice. Exclude the REALLY clean vehicles....(insert Homer Simpson "DOH!" here)

"The applicant and recipient shall be a resident of the City of Riverside and be able to provide proof of residency at the time of rebate application submittal."

Need one of these for San Diego. :)

i lived in Riverside for 6 years right after i got out of the air force (stationed at March) and this was early 80's before CARB started cracking down. one year i remember (i believe it was 1982??) we had a few stage 3 smog alerts and a few dozen stage 2's. i used to climb Box Springs Mountain ( a radio hill really) and on bad days i could not see the city 1500 feet below me. on good days i could see the 215/10 Freeway 10 miles away.

if there was ever an area that needed incentives for clean, the Inland Empire is definitely it

To get this rebate you need to live in the city of Riverside and buy from Raceway Nissan or Riverside Nissan. I swore off pretty much all car dealerships in Riverside after every attempt to purchase a car in this city turned into a price gouge fest. Back in 2001 when I was shopping for a 2001 Mustang Cobra, Raceway Ford in Riverside wanted $5k over MSRP. Chino Hills Ford got MSRP -$500. I had similar experiences when going to buy a 2008 M3 $15k over at BMW of Riverside and a 2008 Charger R/T MSRP -$2500 at Moss Bros Dodge in Riverside. Cerritos Dodge did MSRP -$9500 and 0% APR. Once I saw Fontana Nissan doing MSRP -$1000 it was a no brainer to change the dealer on my dashboard!

Back