Rest of September ordering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataphn

I thought I would start a new thread for those of us still waiting to order for Sept. I will post here when I can finally order. Hope other Sept. waiting folk will, too. I hope we are not posting in October. :evil:

Kataphn said:
I thought I would start a new thread for those of us still waiting to order for Sept. I will post here when I can finally order. Hope other Sept. waiting folk will, too. I hope we are not posting in October. :evil:

Something seems strange. First, we get a questionnaire asking if we will still buy after waiting at least four months and more. Then, no one on here has been able to order in the last three days. I'm getting the feeling that because of the charging station appointments, Nissan is going to delay deliveries. So those in Dec., will probably get the car in Jan. and down the line. It's just a feeling. :)

leaffan said:
I'm getting the feeling that because of the charging station appointments, Nissan is going to delay deliveries. So those in Dec., will probably get the car in Jan. and down the line. It's just a feeling. :)

If someone wants to really annoy Ghosn and lose their job, that is exactly what they would do.

I don't think the charging dock fiasco is going to delay delivery of the cars. But I am starting to think that I won't be able to order at all. I think my dashboard is screwed up, but since the people on the customer service line don't actually know anything about how the dashboards work or are supposed to work, and there's nobody else to talk to, there's no way to fix it. So I probably won't be able to order at all.

But after all the crap they've put us through, I no longer give a damn. Right now as far as I'm concerned they can shove their bunny-flubbing car where the sun don't shine.

And two weeks after AV promised to refund the overcharge for the inspection, they still have not done so. Pretty soon I'm going to call my bank and report it as fraud. Nissan has really f#@&*d this up! They should have just sold this car like they sell every other car: Send them to dealers and let people test drive them and buy them. Sure, there was a waiting line to buy the '04 Prius, and some dealers were gouging, but plenty of dealers sold them at MSRP. As for the charging dock, that was a stupid idea from the start. They should have just bundled the car with an extension cord for 120 and another for 240, with a built-in GFI in each and told people to have an RV outlet installed in their garage if they wanted 8-hour charging.

I'm sick of this.

Thanks to you folks here, and to this web site for a place to get information!

daniel said:
I don't think the charging dock fiasco is going to delay delivery of the cars. But I am starting to think that I won't be able to order at all. I think my dashboard is screwed up, but since the people on the customer service line don't actually know anything about how the dashboards work or are supposed to work, and there's nobody else to talk to, there's no way to fix it. So I probably won't be able to order at all.

But after all the crap they've put us through, I no longer give a damn. Right now as far as I'm concerned they can shove their bunny-flubbing car where the sun don't shine.

And two weeks after AV promised to refund the overcharge for the inspection, they still have not done so. Pretty soon I'm going to call my bank and report it as fraud. Nissan has really f#@&*d this up! They should have just sold this car like they sell every other car: Send them to dealers and let people test drive them and buy them. Sure, there was a waiting line to buy the '04 Prius, and some dealers were gouging, but plenty of dealers sold them at MSRP. As for the charging dock, that was a stupid idea from the start. They should have just bundled the car with an extension cord for 120 and another for 240, with a built-in GFI in each and told people to have an RV outlet installed in their garage if they wanted 8-hour charging.

I'm sick of this.
Thanks to you folks here, and to this web site for a place to get information!

How do you explain the three days of no ordering on here? And do you really believe it's just a coincidence that we received that questionnaire about how long we are willing to wait?
The CS people cant' help you, but have you talked to the Sup, Yvonne? She helped me change my dashboard to "approved", even though I still can't order.

leaffan said:
How do you explain the three days of no ordering on here? And do you really believe it's just a coincidence that we received that questionnaire about how long we are willing to wait?
The CS people cant' help you, but have you talked to the Sup, Yvonne? She helped me change my dashboard to "approved", even though I still can't order.

The announcement of the Nissan electric delivery van was interesting.

I'll postulate again (because it's the Internet and we can do such things), that Nissan has made some strides in battery technology which they expect to be in production in Mar/Apr. They are trying to determine if people are happy with the current range projections or not. With pushback that under non-ideal conditions that car's range may be much less then the 100 miles touted, Nissan has decided to delay all but the first thousand cars or so in favor of the extended range.

Of course we understand that Nissan can't wave a magic wand and make batteries with more capacity, but we also understand that if Nissan didn't anticipate a fairly rapid increase in battery capacity they likely would not have brought a car to market at this time. Even a true 100 miles is not going to be the answer for enough consumers to drive the hundreds of thousands of vehicle sales that Nissan is gearing up for.

So the answer to the silence in the ordering system must be just that - a slight delay so that the technology can be vastly improved. That's my story - and since I have nothing else to do until Dec/Jan - I'll stick with it until real facts catch up with me :mrgreen:

I wonder if Nissan has filled the orders for December delivery and now there will be a pause for the January cars to be ordered
Maybe the rest of Sept people will be Sept 30 and orders will again continue through about Oct 10.
I just wish Nissan would put a date up.

smkettner said:
I wonder if Nissan has filled the orders for December delivery and now there will be a pause for the January cars to be ordered
Maybe the rest of Sept people will be Sept 30 and orders will again continue through about Oct 10.
I just wish Nissan would put a date up.

Because there were/are many people that had/have delayed ordering, and we were told by many sources that delivery will be based on reservation date, not order date, ordering has been delayed Therefore, Nissan is trying to rectify all the mess and straighten it out while waiting for ECotality and AV to finish their assessments.

I had posed this question on facebook. I got a message that it has now got the attention of Nissan. We should have some answer soon ...

evnow said:
I had posed this question on facebook. I got a message that it has now got the attention of Nissan. We should have some answer soon ...

Yeah, I called my dealer and am awaiting a return call about it. I should think they have been told something. Do you think it would be a waste of time to ask CS? lol

leaffan said:
Yeah, I called my dealer and am awaiting a return call about it. I should think they have been told something. Do you think it would be a waste of time to ask CS? lol

If the dealers had been told, we would know by now.

evnow said:
leaffan said:

He just called me and they haven't been told anything, BUT he hasn't had any RAQs the last FOUR days! He's going to call his EV rep and get back to me tonight.

LakeLeaf said:
So the answer to the silence in the ordering system must be just that - a slight delay so that the technology can be vastly improved. That's my story - and since I have nothing else to do until Dec/Jan - I'll stick with it until real facts catch up with me :mrgreen:

I disagree on the following basis: All initial 5 roll-out states orders should have been filled before any HI and TX orders and if a pause was to be created, the TX and HI orders would be the logical breaking point. This is not what has happened. We still have Marijuana reservations (4/20) from the initial 5 that are as yet unfulfilled and some transactions for TX at least posted here. You could still be right, but I think the TX orders are still going to be January either way at the very least.

I think it's the charging project. Ecotality sent me one of the "we have further questions" emails and then went silent until a week ago when they called to set up a date for an assessment. The contractor showed up on Tuesday. Today I got a call about a $10 waiver -- the project provides up to $1200 and my estimate was $1210 or something. The very nice woman who called said that the press was on to get the information to Ecotality and then on to Nissan so things "could get going" and Nissan could release the car into the ordering process. No idea if she knew anything but my guess is this is about right.

I think they've run through the "no brainers" on the charging project and have gotten a bit behind on the "we'll need to look at this" group. My further guess is that on Monday we'll see the process moving again. Hopefully anyway. It's frustrating but this is a major roll out, there are lots of moving parts, and there are lots of different companies.

leaffan said:
evnow said:
leaffan said:

He just called me and they haven't been told anything, BUT he hasn't had any RAQs the last FOUR days! He's going to call his EV rep and get back to me tonight.
The West Coast E.V.O.M. told me that because of the already 1,200 order slots opened to RAQ thus far to date, of those, half have ordered and the other has not! This provoked Nissan to temporarily postpone sending /opening more slots until those outstanding customers get their orders RAQ's in and "Accepted". (This has nothing to do with people effected by eTech). If you know someone who is lollygagging on completing their RAQ, consider them the hold-up for the rest of the folks anxiously awaiting their opportunity. I have such a fellow at my dealership who simply is "thinking on it" even though we've spoken to him and given him the deal he wants, since day 1...08/31. Go figure! :cry:

gasmiser1 said:
Nissan EV van- I'll bet the EV van will have a larger battery pack and range, say 150+ miles for longer family trips :cool:

Thoughts?

I'd think that a vehicle intended primarily for commercial uses would have to meet performance 'guarantees' in a "worst case" scenario. We're led to believe that with the Leaf, the worst case scenario - a couple of years old, lots of QCs, hilly terrain, highway speeds, hot weather, air conditioning - that the range may push down to more like 50 miles then 100 miles.

I don't know many commercial delivery companies that can exist on 50 miles of range - I actually don't know any that can exist on 100 miles of range. So I'm with in in thinking this offering is going to have more range. If it does, it will be interesting to hear if that range is in more batteries or better batteries.

deetime7767 said:
The West Coast E.V.O.M. told me that because of the already 1,200 order slots opened to RAQ thus far to date, of those, half have ordered and the other has not! This provoked Nissan to temporarily postpone sending /opening more slots until those outstanding customers get their orders RAQ's in and "Accepted".

So this fits in perfectly with my warped interpretation of events - Nissan, shocked at the lack of orders, sent out a survey to determine if the lack of orders was due to concerns about vehicle range. Upon finding that this is indeed the case, and because now the concern is rising that people who ordered won't follow through with a purchase, Nissan has decided to introduce their new battery technology earlier - even though it means a delay in vehicle delivery - so that the number of people who reserved, order; and the number of people who order actually take delivery.

The larger battery pack will take longer to charge, and Nissan has realized that 3.3 isn't going to cut it, so they are going to move all cars to the 6.6 capability. With the larger pack, even at 6.6 it will still take all night the recharge.

Nissan is also concerned that 80% of the orders that have come in have requested the QC capability (because our survey says so). They are starting to realize that 80% of their cars on the road with the wrong QC is going to be a problem, so they will also fix this by installing what is going to be the US standard, and installing this on all cars - SV and SL at no extra charge.

Of course, Nissan, in a gesture of good will, decides to retro fit, at no cost, all of the early delivery cars to the new batteries at no charge to the customer.

The company has decided to correct their three major deficits before they are widely deployed and become a problem. The first thousand or so cars will roll out in December just to demonstrate that the thing actually exists, but they will all be retrofitted and brought up to spec- or just replaced with new vehicles.

It's a theory, hopefully it will makes it's way to Mark to comment on!

It's a pleasant thought to start the weekend on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back