Recommended LED Low-Beam upgrade for 2013 Leaf S?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have refreshed this conversation.

I would like to say that the only reason that add-on LED bulbs are being sold is for the makers to make money.

LED headlights are a combination of bulbs AND lenses. Cars worked very well for over 100 years before LEDs. Yes, you can "upgrade" your traditional halogen bulbs (totally adequate) with LEDs, however they are too bright, and will blind other drivers.

In order for LED lights to work correctly, you need LENSES which project the light correctly. Regular headlight lenses are made for halogen bulbs, not LEDs....

Yes, you can "upgrade" your traditional halogen bulbs (totally adequate) with LEDs, however they are too bright, and will blind other drivers.

I consider the halogen Low beams to be adequate as well, but the high beams are terrible. I'm guessing that you don't drive at night much.

On my 2016 LED low beams were standard. Halogen high beams were terrible, far too yellow and dim compared to the low beams. You could hardly tell the difference with the high beams on. I replaced them almost immediately with LED high beams. Much better. The light color matches the low beams and the throw is much better. I have had no complaints from other drivers. Then again I always try to dim the highs when I see oncoming traffic. For the twisty roads I drive, good high beams are a must. I also mounted LED fog lamps in the lower grille as full time running lights. That helps as well on twisty roads at night and improves daytime visibility to other.drivers.

Back