Rattles under the steering wheel and speedo display area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

In typical Nissan fashion, my brand new 2013 S is rattling on hard bumps here in Nor Cal. Noise comes from under the steering wheel around the knee brace and plastic while there is one on the top of the dash in the speedo unit. Anyone has any idea on fixing it?

THanks

^^^
I owned 2 other Nissans before. I've had rattles successfully repaired on my former Maxima. On one case, there turned out to be some loose wiring/cable under the HVAC panel or behind the coin holder (sort of where an ash tray would be, if the container weren't felt lined).

On my Z, I had a buzzing (from vibration) rear view mirror replaced but eventually it also buzzed, after the warranty ran out. If I had any rattles in my Z under warranty, they were fixed too... My memory's foggy.

On my Z, I had a external weird squeak when the car was cold. Service writer reproed it by driving my car forward and back a few times and proclaimed it was the axle click. I'd been reading about the infamous axle click TSB but never knew that was the sound. The repair worked!

Sounds like you should try another dealer.

I had like 8 Nissan, tried more Nissan dealers than I would like to remember. Let's just say getting repair work is nearly impossible unless it is something broken. I am just curious to see if anyone else has the same rattle.

Back