Range Chart for Android

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kubel said:
What do the two elevation bars represent? Start elevation and end?
Total trip descend (the one with the arrow pointing down and negative number) and total trip ascend - the arrow up and positive number.
I will make that clearer in the next version.

It seems the results differ slightly from the chart. I have my economy set to 3.9 miles per kwh, bars at 12 and temp at 72. The program tells me my estimated range is 81. The chart says 82. Is there a reason for the difference. I know its only 1 mile but I am curious.

rkshack

Thanks for all feedback!

There is a reason for the difference - I am using some approximations, and the data from the sheets - the km vs. miles (F vs. C) is not exactly the same.

A new version is on the market with map routing to assist you in the elevation change parameters.

rkshack said:
It seems the results differ slightly from the chart. I have my economy set to 3.9 miles per kwh, bars at 12 and temp at 72. The program tells me my estimated range is 81. The chart says 82. Is there a reason for the difference. I know its only 1 mile but I am curious.

rkshack

Question... is it possible to do this backwards?

I have one destination and two ways to get there. Can the app be retooled to tell me which route uses the least amount of energy?

In this particular case it's a long slow incline vs sharp short incline.

Currently the sharpness of the incline and decline is not refrected in the calculation.
The other idea - a "trip planner" is on its way to become reality... but no time frame to release yet.

ksnogas2112 said:
Question... is it possible to do this backwards?

I have one destination and two ways to get there. Can the app be retooled to tell me which route uses the least amount of energy?

In this particular case it's a long slow incline vs sharp short incline.

Just now :oops: "discovered" this Range Chart. Using following parameters (EE=60mph; Elev Change 0/0; Temp 76F) I get the following
Code:
%Bat miles diff
 0	-4	 --
12	7 	+11
24	14	+7
36	29	+15
48	40	+11
60	49	+9
72	60	+11
84	71	+11
96	79	+8

There seems to be some non-linearity ("wobble") involved in how many miles each 12% adds. Why ? And I would expect to see proportionally more miles for the lower SOC bars (rather than middle or top).

(Suggestion: on the % Battery Level include alternating colors to allow detection of boundaries between SOC bars.)

:)

nr56 said:
I made an app that implements the Leaf Range Chart by Tony Williams, and I think the app is now ready.

Check it out here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nikpix.LeafRangeCalc

Or search for Nissan Leaf Range Estimator on Google Play.

Any problems, comments, requests, or ideas, please post in this thread.

Thanks,
Nikolay
On my new tablet running the latest version of Android (4.0.4) I could not install it. It says, "Your device isn't compatible with this version" :(

Are you able to make the necessary change so your app will install onto Android 4? Please?

On the map page there is a Map icon at the top right.
On the elevation page there is an Elevation Profile icon.
Should these be swapped?

Very nice profile.

I like the look of this APP nice job. I have a few request that hopefully will make it to the next version.

Can you have a heat/ac on/off toggle with either ECO/Drive. My wife has to have heat on with the kids and boy does that suck the life out of the leaf.

My range with heat on at 67 degrees is about 40 miles when the temperature is 10 degrees f outside and driving between 35-55mph city driving.

What would be way cool is a slider for the temperature selection and someway to calculate the reduced range by factoring outside temp and the temp set in the car and either ECO/Drive mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back