Quick Charge Power shuts down

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll pledge $100, which is a bit embarrassing when compared to the amount Tony paid out of his own pocket to come to Arizona to help us with the Range Test. :oops:

Thanks guys! Don't worry about my money spent for the Phoenix test. As of now,mew have located a generous benefactor to cover all expenses for everybody, including me.

Please make sure to email at [email protected] with your name, address, phone and email.

Everybody have an awesome NPIID !!! I will end the day with my contribution, and that will close out the pledge drive. Today is the last day to be on the founder's list.

Thanks again everybody. It's truly a great community and movement for me to be involved in.

Tony

Folks, I have decided to not pursue this idea further. Many factors come into play, but first and foremost is that I would be spending a lot more of my money and my uncompensated time. There are many other reasons, and some of those are associated directly with this site.

Obviously, we all "met" through this site, and I can't guarantee my continued access to it. In addition, there have been a number of quite stark attacks on my character on this site, the most critical suggesting I might not handle your money properly. Both of these issues obviously would inhibit future opportunities to raise capital and conduct business. Since I have already spent many thousands of dollars on this project, my money is now lost, but I won't risk your money given the circumstances.

The recent shut down of one of the chargers we expected to acquire, at 3993 N. Sierra, San Bernadino is not related to my actions today. It was shut down before today.

I absolutely have enjoyed the planning and work that I started exactly one year ago toward this goal. I will keep a DC Chademo at my house, which I'm sure will come in handy as my LEAF continues its downhill battery slide.

Thank you all for your pledges, and I will send out an email to each of you.

Tony

While I did not get around to pledging in time, largely because my wife and I came to have reservations about devoting further resources to quick chargers at 7-Elevens in iffy areas, I remain very thankful for your many fruitful efforts on behalf of the EV movement.

I hope that you do not become too discouraged by the attacks on your character. Many of us appreciate your contributions here. I look forward to reading your posts whenever I can!

TonyWilliams said:
Thanks guys! Don't worry about my money spent for the Phoenix test. As of now,mew have located a generous benefactor to cover all expenses for everybody, including me.

Please make sure to email at [email protected] with your name, address, phone and email.
(Sorry to be slightly OT as I haven't closely monitored the Phoenix range test thread, been busy...)

Now that Quick Charge Power has shut down, did U-Haul's tow dolly insurance cover the car damage? I know you declined $ for repairs, but what about the others? If U-Haul said no and the repair costs haven't been covered, I'm still willing to chip in for that. I'd guess that others would be willing to as well.

cwerdna said:
Now that Quick Charge Power has shut down, did U-Haul's tow dolly insurance cover the car damage? I know you declined $ for repairs, but what about the others? If U-Haul said no and the repair costs haven't been covered, I'm still willing to chip in for that. I'd guess that others would be willing to as well.

Everything should be paid by next week. Once the check clears, I will identify the benefactor (it's not me).

TonyWilliams said:
Everything should be paid by next week. Once the check clears, I will identify the benefactor (it's not me).
Thanks. I just spoke to someone (involved w/the range tests) who told me about the details. I'll let you or the benefactor identify, when the time comes.

abasile said:
... I remain very thankful for your many fruitful efforts on behalf of the EV movement.

I hope that you do not become too discouraged by the attacks on your character. Many of us appreciate your contributions here. I look forward to reading your posts whenever I can!

+100

Sorry that you are reducing your commitment to the Leaf. You have done more than most to advance the use of BEVs and the Leaf in particular. Those that take the lead often become the target for anyone with an agenda whether it be anti-EV, pro-GM (or other auto company), pro-oil, provoking people, propagandizing, etc...

Hope that you will follow a path that utilizes your multiple talents to further the use of EVs.

91040 said:
Sorry that you are reducing your commitment to the Leaf. You have done more than most to advance the use of BEVs and the Leaf in particular. Those that take the lead often become the target for anyone with an agenda whether it be anti-EV, pro-GM (or other auto company), pro-oil, provoking people, propagandizing, etc...

Hope that you will follow a path that utilizes your multiple talents to further the use of EVs.

Oh, I've been attacked before. That's not particularly new. What is new is the frequency and audacity. I've been participating in Internet forums since 1989, back when I was "76401,1652" on Compuserve's Aviation Special Interest Group, or "AVSIG". 23 years later, I'm still there.

We all used our real names, as I still do, and it was extremely gentlemanly (and approved for kids). There were plenty of heated discussions, but it was EXTRMEMELY rare when anything got even uncomfortable.

Fast forward to my professional career, where I was a moderator on an airline pilot forum. Of course, I still used my real name, and even though I thought the IQ level dropped significantly from the AVSIG days, we absolutely did not tolerate abusive acts like I've been subject to. Weekly, I would banned both the user and IP address for those who got the prescribed "points".

Here, well, from my vantage point, it's a free-for-all. I have no control, we have full time trolls who think they can do whatever they wish without retribution, and if I bite back in kind, I'm the bad guy. So, I will resolve my forum issues in the civil manner that they should be held. I think that will put things in balance for me.

TonyWilliams said:
91040 said:

Oh, I've been attacked before. That's not particularly new. What is new is that I've been participating in Internet forums since 1989, back when I was "76401,1652" on Compuserve's Aviation Special Interest Group, or "AVSIG". 23 years later, I'm still there.

We all used our real names, as I still do, and it was extremely gentlemanly (and approved for kids). There were plenty of heated discussions, but it was EXTRMEMELY rare when anything got even uncomfortable.

Fast forward to may professional career, where I was a moderator on an airline pilot forum. Of course, I still used my real name, and even though I thought the IQ level dropped significantly from the AVSIG days, we absolutely did not tolerate abusive acts like I've been subject to. Weekly, I would banned both the user and IP address for those who got the prescribed "points".

Here, well, from my vantage point, it's a free-for-all. I have no control, we have full time trolls who think they can do whatever they wish without retribution, and if I bite back in kind, I'm the bad guy. So, I resolve my issues of forum in the civil manner that they should be held. I think that will put things in balance for me.
I guess my experiences have been rather different. I got my first email account around 1989, and participated in BBS and email groups (1200 baud is _so_ much better than 300), and those tended to be fairly self-moderated. But once I got onto un-moderated internet forums, things'a changed. Quite frankly, compared to some I've been involved with, this forum's disagreements are more akin to those at a Victorian High Tea between maiden aunts. Flamefests are not even the issue; I long ago developed a Nomex outer-layer. No, I'm talking stalking (cyber and physical), death threats, signs of serious mental pathologies (although he was probably just the usual blowhard, one poster was near unanimously voted to be reported to the Secret Service for threats against the President, whoever it was at the time) and so on. Based on those experiences, I no longer put my full name out in public - there's just too many weirdos and crackpots in the virtual world.

I find the level of moderation here near ideal. While everyone can have a bad day on occasion, people are generally civil, and I haven't seen anything that rises to the level of real, sustained trolling (believe me, I've experienced the actuality). And the last thing I want is anyone else censoring what I might read. I'm an adult, and perfectly capable of doing that for myself. Other than sustained violation of the ToS, there's no need for any censorship beyond individuals deciding to use the Ignore button.

91040 said:
Sorry that you are reducing your commitment to the Leaf. You have done more than most to advance the use of BEVs and the Leaf in particular ... ... ... ... ... snip
and a HELL of a lot more than Nissan has done when Nissan ought to have been lighting a fire under the PUC's feet YEARS ago, in anticipation of Southern California's quick charge needs.

Back