Question for 2010,2011, and 2012 owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done most of all the mechanical work on my cars for the last 50 years. I've only flushed the brake system if I started to notice a soft pedal (which I never did) or I was changing pads or shoes. I've never had any brake failures in all that time. What I find interesting is that the LEAF is very gentle on its pads because of the regenerative breaking. I suspect that the dealerships are looking for anything to make the LEAF profitable for their service department.

TomT said:
Actually, it is related to their extended protection plan, not for service per se... It is also optional.

CMYK4Life said:
What costs $600 on an Tesla EV at 12,500 miles? Arent EV's supposed to need little or no service let alone $600 worth within the first year?

Good point. I guess the way I read it was... if you want service/PM its $600 per year or the discounted rate if you buy the service plan for multiple years.

Either way, expensive cars are expensive!

In all fairness, if you were descending a long hill with a full battery, the Leaf would be very hard on the brakes as their would be no regen or "compression braking" and they would have to do all the work on a fairly heavy car...

ERG4ALL said:
What I find interesting is that the LEAF is very gentle on its pads because of the regenerative breaking. I suspect that the dealerships are looking for anything to make the LEAF profitable for their service department.

Back