Production timing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LBCev said:
planet4ever said:
I ordered on 9/2 and didn't have the color edit link until a few days ago, but I do now.

I checked today. It seems they added the color edit option to my dashboard over the few days or so. Just when I had my hopes up that its earlier absence signified something. C'est la vie.

I ordered on Sept. 3rd at about 8am, got confirmation of the RFQ at 8:26am, and got a confirmation or order back at 9:52 after my dealers confirmation came to me at 9:09. I have not had a color change option on my dashboard ever as far as I know. I check it about every 3-5 days. What does the color change button signify? Are you implying that a color change button shows up in the day or two before it goes in to production, and then goes away?

By the way why is it that when I hit the button to log in, I type my name and password, I have to hit the button a second time to look at what I was trying to do with the first push of the button. I'm tired of having to hit it twice.

palmermd said:
LBCev said:
planet4ever said:
I ordered on 9/2 and didn't have the color edit link until a few days ago, but I do now.

I checked today. It seems they added the color edit option to my dashboard over the few days or so. Just when I had my hopes up that its earlier absence signified something. C'est la vie.

I ordered on Sept. 3rd at about 8am, got confirmation of the RFQ at 8:26am, and got a confirmation or order back at 9:52 after my dealers confirmation came to me at 9:09. I have not had a color change option on my dashboard ever as far as I know. I check it about every 3-5 days. What does the color change button signify? Are you implying that a color change button shows up in the day or two before it goes in to production, and then goes away?

By the way why is it that when I hit the button to log in, I type my name and password, I have to hit the button a second time to look at what I was trying to do with the first push of the button. I'm tired of having to hit it twice.

On my browser, the "Color Edit" is more of a link than a button. To see the link, you have to click on "Order Summary". On my browser, it appears as a small yellow link next to my color choice. I think we are all assuming that once your car goes into production, you won't be able to see the link anymore.

And ditto on have to log in and the click "my account" again -- it's annoying.

I made a bookmark that brings up the login page, then goes right to the account summary:

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index

Regarding the color change, I changed mine about a week ago from silver to red and the option to change is still available. I ordered on 9/8...

Jay

palmermd said:
LBCev said:
planet4ever said:

Some of us early September LEAFers were hoping that the absence of the color edit option on our order configuration meant that our cars were already in the pipeline. When the edit option first appeared, it was not available to those of us who placed an order in the first few days. The fact that it's now showing up for early September orders means that these cars have not yet been produced.

LBCev said:
planet4ever said:

I'm so grateful for this forum and the folks who post.... :) My wife went to the LEAF Tour in Tempe last Friday and fell in love with the cayenne red colored LEAF.
I checked the recent posts and rechecked my Dashboard where they had a tiny little link to change color... Yeah Cayenne Red!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I didn't order until Nov. 22nd. I did have the "edit color" link for a few days, but I don't now and I know I have not had it for the past 10 days or so. Even though I didn't order until Nov. 22, I did reserve on April 20 and had the option to order in early fall. So, as some have suggested, maybe reservation date is more important. Delivery is still pending: 4-7 months from placing order.

Sep 1st order and I did not have the option to edit until few days back... and now I can edit the color by checking my config. The delivery date still says "pending" so not sure.. I get the feeling that Nissan produced some of these cars with certain packages and colors... so if u wee an early shopper and had one of these options match yours then you are in luck... this is pure speculation on my part.. though..

Hate to be a wet blank on the speculation (cause what fun is this forum without speculation!) but given all the acknowledged bugs in the Leaf web site, wouldn't it be logical to assume that the inconsistencies in the way the color change feature is working is just another bug, not some veiled window into the production process?

Example: Gudy is all lined up to get his Leaf on Dec 11 to public fanfare, but his account on the web site still says (he reported today) delivery in Jan, 2011.

Randy said:
Ha Ha, go ahead blame me.... :)
You know you really want a red one....We'll have a fleet of red, we'll have to think about a LEAF parade.....(!)

And it is done. Don't care when it comes as long as it's the right color :)

redleaf.jpg

So has anyone with a September RAQ lost the option to edit the color?
Or has there been any other indication Nissan has moved production along beyond the initial batch?

smkettner said:
So has anyone with a September RAQ lost the option to edit the color?
Or has there been any other indication Nissan has moved production along beyond the initial batch?
I've not had color edit option for quite a while now (ever since I got "Month of Feb" for delivery).

Nothing has ever changed on my dashboard since I ordered the day after Labor Day, Sept. 7. I can still edit color too. I saw on another thread that someone who ordered Sept. 2 has a March delivery date on his/her dashboard.

I can't believe that I would get my LEAF in March, but probably later, when I was told I would have it in late December by my PD. My registration was 30 minutes after some people that already have their cars. Did hundreds or thousands of people register in those 30 minutes? I doubt it.

Many of you know I've been very committed to getting the LEAF and have been an active member on this forum. I'm beginning to think that maybe waiting this long for this car is not for me. Maybe a Prius will do for a while.

I think I need to be away from the forum for awhile. This is getting too frustrating for me. Back to my regular life. Later . . .

Azrich said:
My registration was 30 minutes after some people that already have their cars. Did hundreds or thousands of people register in those 30 minutes? I doubt it.
Actually, I highly suspect it. I reserved 10 minutes after you and got a Sept order date, but didn't get to order until October because of EV Project snafus or something. So yeah - a LOT of people reserved in that hour between 2:30-3:30pm on the 20th. Hundreds at least.

Azrich said:
Nothing has ever changed on my dashboard since I ordered the day after Labor Day, Sept. 7. I can still edit color too. I saw on another thread that someone who ordered Sept. 2 has a March delivery date on his/her dashboard.

I can't believe that I would get my LEAF in March, but probably later, when I was told I would have it in late December by my PD. My registration was 30 minutes after some people that already have their cars. Did hundreds or thousands of people register in those 30 minutes? I doubt it.

Many of you know I've been very committed to getting the LEAF and have been an active member on this forum. I'm beginning to think that maybe waiting this long for this car is not for me. Maybe a Prius will do for a while.

I think I need to be away from the forum for awhile. This is getting too frustrating for me. Back to my regular life. Later . . .

+1. The only thing that has changed for me since my September 2 order confirmation is Nissan's anticipated delivery window; from 3-4 months to 4-7 months. Meanwhile, trying to read the tea "LEAFs" via the forums has changed from a minor distraction to a slightly unhealthy obsession. My current auto is (on Friday) 5 years old, gets 30+ mpg (ULEV-II) and has a mere 48K miles. As time passes my political motivations and excitement for the LEAF are increasingly confronted by the sound economics of keeping my daily beater and using TerraPass to offset my emissions. I'm seriously considering holding off till 2015/16 at this point. Cheers.

I completed my RAQ on the morning of September 3rd. Still says pending and I can still edit my color. I really want something to be updated. I would have to think they know when they are going to produce my car.

I share some of the frustration that I'm reading in some of the most recent posts on this thread.

It is hard to watch people excited about getting their cars and to be told nothing about the delivery timing of your LEAF. Especially for those of us who have early September orders and still see the perpetual "Pending" on their dashboards.

For me, I'm mostly concerned about getting the CA state rebate. My current leased car will be turned in next week, and I'll be renting a car, helped, hopefully very nicely, by my friendly Nissan dealer. That will be okay, but I don't want to wait around until March or April and then find that the CA rebate funds are depleted and I'm in a waiting mode for further funding in the next state budget. If that becomes the case, I may jump to another car choice. I'm already lurking on Volt sites and dealer inventories.

Being in one of California's limbo (Non-EV Project) zip codes, I'm also concerned that, though I have an order date of 9/3, Nissan may accelerate EV Project folks ahead of us for delivery. If that results in CA rebate funds being used up by those folks who have already gotten free EVSEs and free Quick Charge ports, I'll be highly upset.

Nissan, if you're reading this, and we're told that you are, you could do a lot toward alleviating the anxiety of some of your earliest reservers, who paid their reservation fee now almost 9 months ago, by settling on a delivery sequence and announcing it and allowing us to track our cars online. Give us an approximate date, with a disclaimer that it may be a week or two off, but at least give us something to hang onto.

I "loaned" my Civic to my granddaughter semi-permanently two months ago after my dealer assured me I'd get my LEAF in December or the first week of January. I'm making do with an old pickup that doesn't even have a working radio, let alone power windows or power door locks.

With few exceptions, it looks from the spreadsheet like we Sep 2 order folks are being left in pending state indefinitely. It kind of burns me up, since I submitted my RAQ on Sep 1, but my dealer didn't come back with a formal offer until the next day. (And the only reason I couldn't RAQ Aug 31 was that the website screwed me two different ways back on Apr 20.)

sdbonez said:
OK..separate question along the same lines (and I'm blaming Randy for pushing me to the brink on this one :)) I think I might actually use the 'edit my color' feature to go from Silver to Red.

Has anyone heard if this has any impact on timing?
As long as you have the "edit color" option available to you, you can use it to edit the color and it will not impact timing in the least. Or so I was told on the chat.

planet4ever said:
I "loaned" my Civic to my granddaughter semi-permanently two months ago after my dealer assured me I'd get my LEAF in December or the first week of January. I'm making do with an old pickup that doesn't even have a working radio, let alone power windows or power door locks.

With few exceptions, it looks from the spreadsheet like we Sep 2 order folks are being left in pending state indefinitely. It kind of burns me up, since I submitted my RAQ on Sep 1, but my dealer didn't come back with a formal offer until the next day. (And the only reason I couldn't RAQ Aug 31 was that the website screwed me two different ways back on Apr 20.)

Yeah, I got screwed by the website on 4/20, as well. Misery loves company.

Boomer23 said:
For me, I'm mostly concerned about getting the CA state rebate.
Likewise here. If the day of delivery comes, and the rebate is exhausted, I'm out. I'm not going to wait a year to see if our bankrupt state funds it next year.
I'm also concerned that, though I have an order date of 9/3, Nissan may accelerate EV Project folks ahead of us for delivery.

There certainly hasn't been any indication of that to date. In fact, you could say the opposite, with most of the EV Project folks getting hosed on RAQ due to pending waivers or evaluations.

In retrospect, I should NOT have joined EV Project -- it would be cheaper to pay for the Quick-Charge port than get delayed on EV Project assessments and miss the $5k rebate, right?

Give us an approximate date, with a disclaimer that it may be a week or two off, but at least give us something to hang onto.

A week or two?? I'd settle for a Month or two! I have no idea if I'm looking at March, or September right now. "Pending" is content-free.

Back