Preheating works but when driving heating is COLD (??)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The app would not connect to the car this morning, 6 attempts. Sadly not uncommon. So no preheating for the trip to the dealer. It took nearly 4 hours to replace the condenser. I paid only the $100 deductible.

I usually find with most Heat Pump Leaf issues, that the owners have never had the HVAC Pressure tested and / or recharged.
Any AC Company should be able to do this for you.
99% of the time all I have to do is regas an ignored system.....

I usually find with most Heat Pump Leaf issues, that the owners have never had the HVAC Pressure tested and / or recharged.
Any AC Company should be able to do this for you.
99% of the time all I have to do is regas an ignored system.....
Word of caution, when the gas leaks out, it carries some of the oil with it, re gas enough times, and you'll run the compressor "dry" which can be very expensive. Source of the leak should be found an repaired. oil drained and measured, then the correct amount of oil put back in the system.
I don't know how many ruined compressors I had to deal with on all kinds of cars because the owner thought it was cheaper to "top up" the refrigerant every year, or twice a year, until the day it cost him dearly! Most often by then the price to repair was more than the car was worth and the opt not to. Livable with an ICE car, but those like later Leafs that use a heat pump for both heating and cooling need a working A/C system.

The app would not connect to the car this morning, 6 attempts. Sadly not uncommon. So no preheating for the trip to the dealer. It took nearly 4 hours to replace the condenser. I paid only the $100 deductible.

Could have been the nationwide AT&T cellular outage?

Back