Possible to get power out of the leaf with the square wave?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImpactVector

Backround is my power was out for 15 hours due to the ice storm and I don't want to relive it.

If I produced a square wave would I be able to flow the 220v out of the leaf?

Research shows in japan they do it often but wasn't sure what mechanics it would take.

Anyone have a clue?

Pretty well covered here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggest you go with a pure sine wave inverter.

Good luck

p.s. Kept my neighbors heat (gas), fridge and lights on for 4 days with this rig.
(That's how long our services were down from the last ice storm)

Hooked up to his service panel with extension cord, ran to 20% soc (about 12 hours), drove it over to the Nissan DCQC for 40 minutes, drove it back and plugged it back in again.

Parked it in his garage.
No evil ICE emissions

Worked like a charm.

KillaWhat said:
Pretty well covered here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggest you go with a pure sine wave inverter.

Good luck

p.s. Kept my neighbors heat (gas), fridge and lights on for 4 days with this rig.
(That's how long our services were down from the last ice storm)

Hooked up to his service panel with extension cord, ran to 20% soc (about 12 hours), drove it over to the Nissan DCQC for 40 minutes, drove it back and plugged it back in again.

Parked it in his garage.
No evil ICE emissions

Worked like a charm.

I actually have a Schneider electric inventor but it didn't last long today. After. 20 min it overheated and went up in smoke :(

Can't say I'm itching to burn up another one yet :/

Its rather dangerous and impractical to run an inverter directly off the 400 volt DC traction battery, but quite a few guys on here run inverters off the 12 volt battery. The LEAF's high voltage-to-12 volt inverter actually has rather high output capabilities.
How did you burn up your Schneider inverter? What wattage is it rated at, and what were you trying to run? As KillaWhat said, a sine wave inverter is usually much better, especially when trying to run things with a motor, like a refrigerator compressor.

Back