Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mpr said:
Wow, I got my "coming soon" email from Nissan today. Called customer service and got my VIN (#4338)! They say it was invoiced to dealer yesterday, should be in transit. Can't wait!
GinkoLeaf said:
My wait is over. Gladstone Nissan called. My Leaf is here!
That was quicker than I expected.
DKCubed said:
Got both the Expected Delivery Email and Call from Beaverton Nissan today. I'm picking up my red LEAF at 3pm. Tony at the dealer indicated they got 5 cars today. I've got VIN #4008.....Thanks to the info I got on this site, I never bothered to call either the dealer or CS to get status. Maybe Nissan is finally getting the kinks worked out.
Congrats guys! :D Cayenne Red Leafs seem to be coming in bunches lately. :D :D :D I hope the trend continues for a while longer, right mpr? As far as kinks go, we can only hope. My dashboard "estimated delivery" changed 6 times last week :shock: before finally (I hope) settling for week of June 28.
On a different note:
For those interested in the progress of the rapidly expanding :lol: public charging station infrastructure, the Oregon Department of Transportation has posted a new map of potential charging station locations in the "What's New" section of the EV Charging Network page.
http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/OIPP/inn_ev-charging.shtml
From what I can see, they have eliminated three locations (Albany, Sweet Home, and Dallas) and shifted two stations. The Sandy station has moved to Welches and the Venetta station has moved to Noti, both of which seem to be good ideas since they move the "last gas(p)" for each route a little farther into the hinterlands.
I am irked :x by the deletion of the Sweet Home station. Not only is it important to have a chance of getting over the hill to Central Oregon from the mid-valley via one of the most traveled routes (and convenient for me), but I had also planned to provide an e-ride service to my fellow Albany volleyball players who like to play in Sweet Home two nights a week but can't afford to waste the gas :evil:. In addition, the 73 mile trip from Sweet Home to Sisters and vice versa would provide drivers with an excellent opportunity to hone their regenerative braking skills :mrgreen: :lol:.

"packrat09"]
mpr said:
Wow, I got my "coming soon" email from Nissan today. Called customer service and got my VIN (#4338)! They say it was invoiced to dealer yesterday, should be in transit. Can't wait!
GinkoLeaf said:
My wait is over. Gladstone Nissan called. My Leaf is here!
That was quicker than I expected.
DKCubed said:
Got both the Expected Delivery Email and Call from Beaverton Nissan today. I'm picking up my red LEAF at 3pm. Tony at the dealer indicated they got 5 cars today. I've got VIN #4008.....Thanks to the info I got on this site, I never bothered to call either the dealer or CS to get status. Maybe Nissan is finally getting the kinks worked out.
Congrats guys! :D Cayenne Red Leafs seem to be coming in bunches lately. :D :D :D I hope the trend continues for a while longer, right mpr? As far as kinks go, we can only hope. My dashboard "estimated delivery" changed 6 times last week :shock: before finally (I hope) settling for week of June 28.
On a different note:
For those interested in the progress of the rapidly expanding :lol: public charging station infrastructure, the Oregon Department of Transportation has posted a new map of potential charging station locations in the "What's New" section of the EV Charging Network page.
http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/OIPP/inn_ev-charging.shtml
From what I can see, they have eliminated three locations (Albany, Sweet Home, and Dallas) and shifted two stations. The Sandy station has moved to Welches and the Venetta station has moved to Noti, both of which seem to be good ideas since they move the "last gas(p)" for each route a little farther into the hinterlands.
I am irked :x by the deletion of the Sweet Home station. Not only is it important to have a chance of getting over the hill to Central Oregon from the mid-valley via one of the most traveled routes (and convenient for me), but I had also planned to provide an e-ride service to my fellow Albany volleyball players who like to play in Sweet Home two nights a week but can't afford to waste the gas :evil:. In addition, the 73 mile trip from Sweet Home to Sisters and vice versa would provide drivers with an excellent opportunity to hone their regenerative braking skills :mrgreen: :lol:.[/quote]

Yup! Got the call today! Yippee!!!
(Oh, and thanks for that link on public stations.)

DarkStar said:
Portland be rollin' in LEAFs! :D
I would agree. This is the parking lot at my work:
20110617%20022.JPG

Hi - I also got my delivery notification e-mail yesterday, dashboard says "week of June 22". Hopefully my black LEAF will be joining the rest of you soon - doin' the electric slide down 217 daily!

GinkoLeaf said:
Ben, if I may ask, what is your VIN? Though I've noticed they are not necessarily getting delivered in numeric order. Haven't seen any red LEAFs on the road yet.
(I borrowed your signature format :) )

I've got VIN number 4517. This latest batch of red LEAF deliveries with VINs in the ~4000's has me pretty excited.
Congratulations on your recent acquisition!

Can't take credit for the signature format...I actually borrowed it from greenwayleaf.

Cheers!

I spotted a Red Leaf in Beaverton today. It had lettering with a URL in the rear window. I didn't catch the URL. Anyone seen this one or know who it is?

patrick0101 said:
I spotted a Red Leaf in Beaverton today. It had lettering with a URL in the rear window. I didn't catch the URL. Anyone seen this one or know who it is?

I may have seen it (around Southridge high a few weeks ago). No response to my previous sighting message.

Saw a blue one yesterday in park blocks (SW Park and Columbia) around 4 PM with Wilsonville dealer temp plate. Silent running! :)

We pick up our Red Leaf at Rustom this evening - very excited!!!!

I thought I'd start seeing them around the neighborhood (inner SE) but have yet to spot one.

Azrich said:
don't know what we would do for a Level 2 charger
you can get an upgrade EVSE and use any dryer outlet. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2707

I just crossed over the 1000 miles mark. Here is my blogpost about hitting this milestone:
http://celticsolar.blogspot.com/2011/06/1000-leaf-miles.html

I noticed I'm getting a few nose prints on my windows. At first I thought one was mine (on the driver's side) but then realized they were on the outside. Curious people peering in is my guess :lol:

Today's trip on one charge: Happy Valley to Jantzen Beach to Beaverton to Tigard (balloon festival) back to Happy Valley (via Sellwood bridge). Car says 15 miles to go with battery level in the red. First real around town trip. :p

After a series of less than satisfactory exchanges and a string of broken promises by Nissan Customer 'Support', I cancelled my order for pollen contaminated LineJumper 2051. I felt that in every abusive relationship there comes a time when the receiver of the abuse starts to own part of the blame for the situation. It was time to break the chain. They acknowledged the cancellation and said that I would receive my $99 back in 5-7 business days.

A week after this my DB delivery guess changed from 6/30 to 6/27. I thought that was pretty funny but wrote it off to the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. I received my Wet Okole seat covers and they screwed up the color of the graphic. But then, why not? Why should anything go right with this car?

10 days after the cancellation I still didn't have the $99 debited back to my CC. I wasn't surprised and in the back of my head I started to suspect that Nissan had no way to cancel an order that was as advanced as mine was. I was betting that I would get 'the call' saying that my car was at my dealer any day now.

And guess what? I got that call this evening. LineJumper is now sitting down in Wilsonville waiting for me and could I come over on Wednesday at 3pm? I said that yes, I could be there at that time to check out the car. After all this time, I deserve to see what it looks like.

Don't ask me what I'll do if the car is okay...

HIOJim said:
So what are you going to do? :) j/k
But seriously, do whatever will make you the happiest long term. Get the car (electric or otherwise) that feels right for you. I just hope it is a "car with a cord".

patrick0101 said:
HIOJim said:
So what are you going to do? :) j/k
But seriously, do whatever will make you the happiest long term. Get the car (electric or otherwise) that feels right for you. I just hope it is a "car with a cord".
It's either going to be a Leaf or a Volt, so a 'car with a cord' it will be one way or another. :)

It has been quite a struggle for you. I own a pollen car. The paint is not that great a 9 on a scale of 1-10. But it is a neat car. Do what you think is best. Good luck.

Back