Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chance to chat online with the Nissan guys and they said my car is assigned for shipment to the port in Long Beach. That sounds a little out there timewise. If it is still on a boat (or worse), does week of July 12 seem doable?

Jim C.

onthewind said:
I had a chance to chat online with the Nissan guys and they said my car is assigned for shipment to the port in Long Beach. That sounds a little out there timewise. If it is still on a boat (or worse), does week of July 12 seem doable?
Hey Jim,

With a 'fresh' car free of any of the issues that have marooned a lot of others, it might be possible to get delivered at the far end of that date range (July 12 + 7).

But I'm the wrong person to ask as mine has been in Long Beach since March 22nd and no one can tell me when it will be shipped. :cry:

The other Jim C

Maybe I'm just tired or had one too many glasses of wine but I just sent out the first feelers for quotes on a 2011/2012 Volt.

I was lucky enough to drive one a few months ago when Patrick0101 convinced the GM Volt roadshow to stop by at our place of business. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the car and the way it handled. I was prepared to hate it but came away kinda liking it. It certainly wasn't as good as a Leaf, but not bad. And its 35 mile EV range would really fit my commute and also allow me to sell the Prius and be a 1-car family.

But I really wanted a BEV and then heard all sorts of horror stories about dealer gouging so I concentrated on the Leaf. Time passes. A *lot* of time passes....

I've lost most of my faith that Nissan will actually deliver my Leaf. It's time to start looking into alternatives. Okay GM, make my day. Make me an offer I can't refuse. I dare you...

HIOJim said:
I'm seriously considering getting a TED for my Blink EVSE in the garage.
I installed a GE EZ reader meter for the Blink. It is not a cool as a TED, but it works (with 240V).

20110424%20028.JPG

I got it from: http://www.altestore.com

With shipping and the meter socket it was less than $70 in total. Since many of these old analog meters are being pulled out and replaced with digital smart meters, you can occasionally find these even cheaper than what I paid.

My Leaf was parked next to the world famous White Zombie EV.
247245_10150203697383020_138510433019_7219047_4332976_n.jpg

Here is a link to all the EV pictures from the event (including the Zombie):
http://fb.me/14QjwXvZV

Here is a link to some of the gas car pictures:
http://fb.me/H8g8m4J2

I posted this on the Pictures & Videos thread too.

GinkoLeaf said:
Okay, I'll chime in. Blink was installed last week, so now I'm in phase 2 of the waiting game. Estimated delivery just shifted from this week to next week. It'll be interesting to see how far it shifts out seeing as some folks continued to shift for 2 months. My VIN is 3443, ordered in February 2011.

I think its the shifting delivery week that is so frustrating. If I know it won't be until July, then I'll just put it out of my mind until then. But getting strung along from week to week would indeed get annoying. At least I know what to expect so I won't get my hopes up.

The waiting game continues...
Estimated week of delivery (to date): June 7, 8, 10, 13 , 15, 17, 20. :cry:

GinkoLeaf said:
GinkoLeaf said:
Okay, I'll chime in. Blink was installed last week, so now I'm in phase 2 of the waiting game. Estimated delivery just shifted from this week to next week. It'll be interesting to see how far it shifts out seeing as some folks continued to shift for 2 months. My VIN is 3443, ordered in February 2011.

I think its the shifting delivery week that is so frustrating. If I know it won't be until July, then I'll just put it out of my mind until then. But getting strung along from week to week would indeed get annoying. At least I know what to expect so I won't get my hopes up.

The waiting game continues...
Estimated week of delivery (to date): June 7, 8, 10, 13 , 15, 17, 20. :cry:

Strange how different the 'waiting game' experiences are. I ordered early December, got Blink in 6 weeks ago, now have had June 24 estimate for 4 weeks. No change in date at all, which makes me wonder whether it is real!

patrick0101 said:
My Leaf was parked next to the world famous White Zombie EV...

Did Wayland get to drive your LEAF? I took him on a test drive and had promised him he could take it for a spin soon, but that was many months ago, and time has gotten away from me. Ah, well...

Been lurking on the board for a while. Finally decided to quit reading and join.

I'm still quite excited about this car and will hopefully have forgotten the whole reservation / ordering fiasco after a few weeks of tailpipe emission-free driving but currently, Wow! The best adjective I can find for this is Kafkaesque. Trapped in a system that has no visible underpinnings of logic or transparency.

Latest setback was finding out the Leaf rep at my preferred dealer will be out of town during my (forecasted) delivery date. Apparently he's the only one at the dealership who can "complete the delivery". No backup personnel with the apparently crucial 80 hours of training to hand the keys over to a customer.

Just...Wow.

--Ben S. (or more like K.)

eminus said:
Been lurking on the board for a while. Finally decided to quit reading and join.

I'm still quite excited about this car and will hopefully have forgotten the whole reservation / ordering fiasco after a few weeks of tailpipe emission-free driving but currently, Wow! The best adjective I can find for this is Kafkaesque. Trapped in a system that has no visible underpinnings of logic or transparency.

Latest setback was finding out the Leaf rep at my preferred dealer will be out of town during my (forecasted) delivery date. Apparently he's the only one at the dealership who can "complete the delivery". No backup personnel with the apparently crucial 80 hours of training to hand the keys over to a customer.

Just...Wow.

Welcom Ben errr... eminus ;)
It definitely is disappointing that the dealer's lack of a sales person at the moment of deliverance will hinder your EV fun a bit longer. From my experience the frustration and waiting is all worth it in the end. 5 months in and I am still blown away by how much I love this car! Hang in there, the wait will be over soon...

eminus said:

Just...Wow.

Ben, if I may ask, what is your VIN? Though I've noticed they are not necessarily getting delivered in numeric order. Haven't seen any red LEAFs on the road yet.
(I borrowed your signature format :) )

Saw my first LEAF on the east side this morning; pearl white, Willsonville ad plates. Followed it down I-205 for a long ways until it turned onto I-5 south (I went north on I-5). I resisted honking and waving so as not to look like a goof, since I don't have mine yet. :D

GinkoLeaf said:
Saw my first LEAF on the east side this morning; pearl white, Willsonville ad plates. Followed it down I-205 for a long ways until it turned onto I-5 south (I went north on I-5). I resisted honking and waving so as not to look like a goof, since I don't have mine yet. :D

Wow, I got my "coming soon" email from Nissan today. Called customer service and got my VIN (#4338)! They say it was invoiced to dealer yesterday, should be in transit. Can't wait!

Got both the Expected Delivery Email and Call from Beaverton Nissan today. I'm picking up my red LEAF at 3pm. Tony at the dealer indicated they got 5 cars today. I've got VIN #4008.

I knew it wouldn't be long since there were cars in the 4XXX range being delivered in CA in the past few weeks. My original "week of" estimate was 6/24, so they weren't too far off.

Thanks to the info I got on this site, I never bothered to call either the dealer or CS to get status. Maybe Nissan is finally getting the kinks worked out.

DKCubed said:
Got both the Expected Delivery Email and Call from Beaverton Nissan today. I'm picking up my red LEAF at 3pm. Tony at the dealer indicated they got 5 cars today. I've got VIN #4008.

Cool! Another Red LEAF! :cool:

Back