Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
solardude said:
i just notice on Plugshare that there is a Level 3 Chademo charger listed in Tualatin, 700 Mohawk Dr. Have any of you Portlanders seen this/used this charger?
I plug in at this EVSE almost every day, unless they're hiding it, J1772 Level 2 and NEMA 5-20 only, no CHAdeMO. :D

After months of inactivity, got an email to check the site and carwings is now open.
Vin is 5179 but delivery is still month of July. It's been agitating seeing 3 or 4 leafs
plugged in at work....

Res 5/15/10, order 1/7/11

Jim C.

onthewind said:
After months of inactivity, got an email to check the site and carwings is now open.
Vin is 5179 but delivery is still month of July. It's been agitating seeing 3 or 4 leafs
plugged in at work....

Jim C.

Understandable, but noting some people have been waiting 8 months or more for their vehicle should take a bit of sting out of the waiting game, wouldn't you say?

onthewind said:
plugged in at work....

Jim C.
I waited 7 months for mine. Finally got it June 3rd after numerous delays.

greenwayleaf said:
Understandable, but noting some people have been waiting 8 months or more for their vehicle should take a bit of sting out of the waiting game, wouldn't you say?
No, not at all.

I think it's bogus to use the order date as the start of the 'waiting game'. A bunch of folks reserved on 4/20/10. Another bunch did so less than a month later on 5/15/10. So we're taking about ~25 days difference from the point everyone said "I want a Leaf!". Just because the 5/15 people were not *allowed* to order until late 2010, early 2011 doesn't mean they too haven't been longing for their car almost as long as everyone else.

But that's not the way the 4/20 people see it and that's why people have stopped updating the spreadsheet and/or announcing the deliver of their cars. I actually saw one response to a 'I got mine!' post say "You're pretty brave to post given your order date'. Awesome!

So, let's try to drop the whole pecking order thing and try to understand that we all are EV enthusiasts, want our Leafs and feel bad when we have to wait for them to be delivered.

patrick0101 said:
HIOJim said:
Week of May 6th
Jim, I hope you get your car soon (and get happy :) )
I called CS on Friday and was told that the car is still on the dock at Long Beach, on 'hold' due to some mysterious reason. "Jason" promised to investigate the cause and call me back but of course that never happened.

Since this is a 'Pollen Car' I'm beginning to think that there is something seriously wrong with it and that it may be tainted goods at this point. It might be time to start looking closer at the Mitsubishi - i. ;)

HIOJim said:
patrick0101 said:
HIOJim said:
Week of May 6th
Jim, I hope you get your car soon (and get happy :) )
I called CS on Friday and was told that the car is still on the dock at Long Beach, on 'hold' due to some mysterious reason. "Jason" promised to investigate the cause and call me back but of course that never happened.

Since this is a 'Pollen Car' I'm beginning to think that there is something seriously wrong with it and that it may be tainted goods at this point. It might be time to start looking closer at the Mitsubishi - i. ;)

I got my Black SL Tuesday 5-31-11. Check it over really good especially the paint. Mine has the paint of a really old car. My finger rubbed across it leaves scratches. It is like the clear coat is messed up. PD is going to tell me later in the week what my options are for getting paint looking better. I think a "cut and rub" is going to need to be done.
Sitting in LB for two months has really had an affect on the paint.

downeykp said:
I got my Black SL Tuesday 5-31-11. Check it over really good especially the paint. Mine has the paint of a really old car. My finger rubbed across it leaves scratches. It is like the clear coat is messed up. PD is going to tell me later in the week what my options are for getting paint looking better. I think a "cut and rub" is going to need to be done.
Thanks for the heads-up. This is what I've been concerned about and if I ever get the opportunity to actually see the car I will check it out closely.

HIOJim said:
downeykp said:
Thanks for the heads-up. This is what I've been concerned about and if I ever get the opportunity to actually see the car I will check it out closely.
My LEAF was supposedly one of the pollen cars too. I checked the finish top to bottom and the only problem I found was a tiny chip in the paint on the right rear door. The paint and clear coat look great and held up through a bad hail storm I got stuck in yesterday. Good luck with your car when it gets here.

HIOJim said:
greenwayleaf said:
No, not at all.

I think it's bogus to use the order date as the start of the 'waiting game'.

You may wish to think so, and I might too. But it is my understanding that Nissan starts building the car once an actual order with a dealer has been finalized, hence the pecking order. Many of us have been frustrated with the yo-yo game of the "delivery status update" and sympathize with you. Let's hope your wait will come to an end soon.

Ok, more changes. I'm now week of July 12th and the owners portal has opened up.
My charger was installed 2 months ago but it does not show up on the pre purchase checklist.

Any suggestions on when/if I should apply for the NMAC financing? I'm leasing...

BTW, I have much sympathy for the 2010 orders...it does not feel good when
someone who ordered much later gets the call. I also felt that when I first saw someone
who ordered on my birthday (late Feb), get a car in spite of ordering nearly 2 months after me.
I can understand how Sept 2010 orders would have gotten punchy long ago. Good luck to
those waiting, hope they get their cars this month.

Jim C.

I called CS this morning even though I know it's pretty much a waste of time. I asked for an update on my car's status and was almost immediately got put on hold. When "Pam" came back she reported that "Jason" was still attempting to get my issue escallated. I found this interesting becase 1) I thought he was just getting a reason for my 'Hold' status and 2) this is the first time I had any evidence that CS was taking and storing notes on my calls.

I told "Pam" about my concerns with the pollen contamination and the possible effect that it could have on the car's paint. I said that I was interested in getting a substitute car if at all possible as I no longer felt the existing car was 'new' seeing how it has sat on a pier for 10 weeks. I also told her that I felt a substitue car might actually be delivered before the pollen car was cleared for shipping. There was a long silence with only the sound of typing. "I'm updating your file with your comments, Sir" she finally reported. Awesome!

I know this is probably futile but it made me feel good that I was at least letting Nissan know I was out here, waiting and concerned.

Jim C

First Blink charging station in Oregon to be unveiled today in Wilsonville. I plan on going and asking for a Blink RFID card. I'll post a few pictures after the event. http://goo.gl/TGIcV

Okay, I'll chime in. Blink was installed last week, so now I'm in phase 2 of the waiting game. Estimated delivery just shifted from this week to next week. It'll be interesting to see how far it shifts out seeing as some folks continued to shift for 2 months. My VIN is 3443, ordered in February 2011.

I think its the shifting delivery week that is so frustrating. If I know it won't be until July, then I'll just put it out of my mind until then. But getting strung along from week to week would indeed get annoying. At least I know what to expect so I won't get my hopes up.

GinkoLeaf said:
I think its the shifting delivery week that is so frustrating. If I know it won't be until July, then I'll just put it out of my mind until then. But getting strung along from week to week would indeed get annoying. At least I know what to expect so I won't get my hopes up.
+1

This is exactly the way I feel as well.

For anyone who is interested in measuring electrical consumption when we charge our cars, our local libraries, Lake Oswego, Multnomah and Washington Counties, have kill-a-watt meters that can be checked out, according to their online catalogs.

jfsquires said:
For anyone who is interested in measuring electrical consumption when we charge our cars, our local libraries, Lake Oswego, Multnomah and Washington Counties, have kill-a-watt meters that can be checked out, according to their online catalogs.
I'm seriously considering getting a TED for my Blink EVSE in the garage. I'm not sure if the Blink's statistics are accurate or not. Maybe DarkStar can comment?

jfsquires said:

Speaking of libraries, does anyone know about the status of the charger next to the Beaverton Library (on Hall Blvd). Every time I pass by it seems to be out of commission. Has it ever worked? Did anyone use it?

Back