Planning the next San Diego Gathering Sun, Sept 11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walterbays said:
kevin672 said:
I'll be there with my 5 year old. I'll take the LEAF, but only as a spectator.
The event web site talks about a fee. I couldn't tell from their description whether it's free as a spectator and you pay to exhibit, or whether you pay as a spectator. Do you know if there is an admission fee, and how much? Thanks.

I agree their description is vague, but I can't imagine an entry fee for spectators. As was mentioned before, most every car show charges an entry fee for the vehicles on display and admission for the public is free. I didn't see anything to indicate this one was any different so I expect there won't be a fee to gawk at the cars. The hardest part is getting the 5 year old to understand look but don't touch at these shows when he's allowed to climb all over the cars at the international auto show at the convention center.

TonyWilliams said:
Is anybody planning to attend this?

Tony

TonyWilliams said:
The San Diego Automotive museum is having a car gathering at Liberty Station (the old Naval Training Center) and it would be awesome if we could show up.

Cars start getting parked at 7am, and the show is 9am to 2pm. For those familiar with the area, this is near the east end by Corvette Diner.

Sunday, Sept 11, 2011

I'd head down if others are, though can't think why I'd pay for the privilege of having to commit to leaving my car there for an extended time.
So it would be just as a spectator and a chance to meet other MNL'ers.

gbshaun said:
TonyWilliams said:
Is anybody planning to attend this?

Tony

TonyWilliams said:
The San Diego Automotive museum is having a car gathering at Liberty Station (the old Naval Training Center) and it would be awesome if we could show up.

Cars start getting parked at 7am, and the show is 9am to 2pm. For those familiar with the area, this is near the east end by Corvette Diner.

Sunday, Sept 11, 2011

I'd head down if others are, though can't think why I'd pay for the privilege of having to commit to leaving my car there for an extended time.
So it would be just as a spectator and a chance to meet other MNL'ers.

I'm of the same thought. I don't wish to pay to have people look at my car. If I don't show, I'll be riding my motorcycle up in the mountains with my sons.

For future planning, I do intend to go to the Nissan "Electric Tour" Part II in San Diego on Saturday, Nov 12. That would be a good chance to meet some fellow LEAF drivers and answer questions for future owners.

Back