Planning the next San Diego Gathering Sun, Sept 11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be doing well, so I hope
to be able to join you all at HTB tomorrow morning.

I will bring the "beta" SOC-Meter, and
my laptop to demo my CAN-Do program:
Help explore the CAN-buss data at NO COST!

I will also bring a bunch of short L6-20R Adapter-Cords,
a "special" deal for those at the SD LEAF-Gathering.

Randy said:
Bring 'em, Jimmy...We'll give 'em some opinions.....

They were only interested in the Leaf in passing. Mostly here to find the next-best energy management system for the home. It was an interesting visit....it's a good thing I like to talk!! :lol:

Here's some photos of last Saturday's gathering...Someone said we had 14 Leafs there....There were a few folks missing, so we'll hope to catch more people next time around....

(Below) The "homebrew" table with some CAN-Bus prototypes...
jul_htb2.jpg

(Below) Gary's prototype hooked up to my Leaf showing 82.9% SOC.
jul_htb3.jpg

(Below) People are starting to arrive and chat...
jul_htb4.jpg

(Below) DerKraut holding court...Talking about Leather seats and getting them in a few days...
jul_htb5.jpg

(Below) Gary explaining the finer points of homemade pigtails...There's a connector swap meet in my trunk!
jul_htb6.jpg

(Below) We had every color except Black....Maybe next time!!!
jul_htb7.jpg

(Below) Tony and his son enjoying breakfast...
jul_htb8.jpg

More photos from the event....

(Below) Tony's spare tires and hardware was on display.
jul_htb9.jpg

(Below) Tony says, "If all else fails, a towing strap will work"...
jul_htb10.jpg

(Below) KW Powr and ELECTRIC decal...
jul_htb11.jpg

(Below) Tony's spare tire hardware collection
jul_htb12.jpg

(Below) Lotsa Leafs showing up (Except Jack's). He said his wife won't let him drive it...
jul_htb13.jpg

(Below)DSBLEAF...
jul_htb14.jpg

(Below) Sev and Julia MacPete sprung for the Leon 100% Electric treatments and no gas pump decal.
jul_htb15.jpg

jul_htb16.jpg

A great time was had by all!!!!!

Randy

drees said:
Hey, I saw DSBLEAF on the road last week turning south on El Camino from Palomar Airport - hi!

Hi yourself - so you are the silver Leaf I saw! I hope we can find the posting when the next gathering is planned... it was fun!

I had a great time, and learned a lot of neat stuff about my car. My son was visiting from Dallas, so I brought him along. He had never seen a Leaf, and was really impressed to see so many in one place. What a friendly bunch of folks! I'm already looking forward to our next get-together. :D :D

We had a great time, too. Our boys loved the "EV Parking Lot." Thanks to all who gave us new lessons in Leafing. Now I know how to work the fan (as opposed to the A/C) ;) … have done a bit of "gliding" in N, and have the actual plug to turn our conversion back into a 110 (thanks to Gary who knew more about what we were getting than we did!)

We look forward to the next gathering! :p

If you on Saturday, 20 Aug, I might be able to bring down
some SOC-Meters (Kits, or Complete) for sale.

Who would want to buy a Kit or a complete unit?

See prices and availability in the "LEAF CANBus" subforum.

garygid said:
If you on Saturday, 20 Aug...
Who would want to buy a Kit ($170)?

I'd like a kit. If you can mail it before then, shoot me an email at:

[email protected]

Not sure what everybody else thinks about a meet up date?

I'm not a huge Hometown Buffet fan, particularly one in a strip mall parking lot. San Diego has such beautiful settings to have a get-together, it seems almost criminal to go there.

I'll try and entice folks to something interesting, in a central location. Here's a spot in Rancho Santa Fe like no other. Under $20 breakfast, and 25 miles from downtown San Diego. Truly another world from HTB:

The Restaurant at Rancho Valencia in Rancho Santa Fe:

Named “One of the Top 100 Hotel Restaurants” by Zagat Survey, The Rancho Valencia Restaurant brings together stunning valley views with California Upscale Brasserie cuisine in an elegant Mediterranean setting.

Back