Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Saw what looked like a power point presentation (slide show) from APS online, and it had a couple of bullet points that were not explained.

One was "provide a customer incentive" for EV's
Second was "have a separate ""super off peak"" EV rate"

Did anyone get any specific info at one of the recent events that explains what these mean?

Thanks for any info

Brian

Historic day in Phoenix today:

I got my 'package' from Nissan via UPS.

Full Page AD on the back page of the main section of the Arizona Republic.

Here's a link to the Full Page AD published on the back page of the main section of the Arizona Republic, publicizing the event tonight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56626019@N05/5260958841/

Cool that the event is worthy of a full page ad.

Don't know if you all are aware of this, but here is a link to a press release by ABC Nissan dated 12/10/10 stating that they will be delivering the first Leaf in Phoenix at 1 pm today, 12/14/10.

http://www.prlog.org/11141839-abc-nissan-to-deliver-first-all-electric-nissan-leaf.pdf

leafkabob said:
Don't know if you all are aware of this, but here is a link to a press release by ABC Nissan dated 12/10/10 stating that they will be delivering the first Leaf in Phoenix at 1 pm today, 12/14/10.

http://www.prlog.org/11141839-abc-nissan-to-deliver-first-all-electric-nissan-leaf.pdf
Ok ... but stuff like ...
The Nissan LEAF is the first 100%, no gasoline, all electric vehicle.
just turns me off ... :roll:

... as so many of us got to meet at the Phoenix Event Cocktail Party, we are rescheduling

Attendee List
-- SilverLEAF
--
--

Phoenix Gathering #1 (rescheduled)
------------------------

Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011
Time: 09:00 am
Venue: Home Town Buffet
Address: 1312 North Scottsdale Road
City/State: Scottsdale, AZ 85204

Please reply if you intend to attend

BrianShipman said:
Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Saw what looked like a power point presentation (slide show) from APS online, and it had a couple of bullet points that were not explained.

One was "provide a customer incentive" for EV's
Second was "have a separate ""super off peak"" EV rate"

Did anyone get any specific info at one of the recent events that explains what these mean?

Thanks for any info

Brian

Brian,
Last night at the Nissan event in Scottsdale, Corporation Commissioner Gary Pierce said a few words to attendees.
Of course the music was loud and the microphone was way too low but I do recall Mr. Pierce specifically say something about the super off peak EV rates from 11:00pm to 5:00am. I couldn't find him after his comments so I plan on emailing Mr. Pierce to expand on this comment further. [email protected]
Carlos

Gonewild: you got a VIN? Your Dashboard says 1/11/2011?

LEAFFan: I saw in the other thread you think the registration rules changed since the begining of this thread? Initially it was going to be like $20/yr. That is no longer the case?

turbo2ltr said:
Gonewild: you got a VIN? Your Dashboard says 1/11/2011?

LEAFFan: I saw in the other thread you think the registration rules changed since the begining of this thread? Initially it was going to be like $20/yr. That is no longer the case?

Unfortunately, it has changed since I paid mine, so here is what I came up with for the first year. Remember though, you can save quite a bit by registering for two years: $335 (+$20) the first year (1% of the MSRP Purchase Price), $285 (+10) second year, $242 third year, $206 fourth year, until the tenth year which comes out to about $80. They didn't give the prices for the two-year registration, but it is a pretty good savings each time. When you register, you can ask them.

I dont think anything has changed. A hybrid is not a true alternative fuel vehicle in the eyes of the MVD. You cant compare the registrations.

from http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/alternativefuel.asp

Alternative Fuel Vehicle Information

Registration – Permanent registration for alternative fuel vehicles (AFV) with a declared gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 12,000 lbs or less has been eliminated. AFV owners that were previously issued permanent registration were converted to an annual registration period.

Vehicle License Tax (VLT) – The VLT for an AFV is changed to a rate of $4.00 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following:

1. For the first year, the assessed value is 1% of the factory list price (FLP) of the AFV.
2. For subsequent years, the assessed value is depreciated 15% each year.
3. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.00.

Fees – In addition, an AFV is subject to: $8.00 vehicle registration fee, $8.00 one-time special plate or sticker fee, 25¢ Air Quality Compliance Fee (if in an emissions test area) and a $1.50 Air Quality Fee.

Special Plate – The special plate or sticker authorizes the vehicle to use the HOV freeway lanes at any time regardless of the number of passengers. For more information on the Alternative Fuel special plate, see the Special Plates and Placards page.

1% of $33,720 = $337 / $100 = 3.37 *$4 = $14 registration for the first year....plus the $8 plate fee and some other small fees.

turbo2ltr said:
I dont think anything has changed. A hybrid is not a true alternative fuel vehicle in the eyes of the MVD. You cant compare the registrations.

Where did you get the idea that I was talking about hybrids? I have a Honda Civic GX (dedicated cng, not hybrid) and I've had my blue plate for 12 years. Yes, it has changed since I received my plate. It was not 1% of the purchase price. I only paid about $12/yr. for EVERYTHING (registration, plate, taxes, etc.), and it's just a little higher now for me, but will be over $300 with my LEAF. I would say that's a HUGE change in costs and in their policy.

Got it, sorry about the hybrid confusion.

So I guess I'm asking where you are getting your info from because their website does not reflect that it would cost anywhere near $300 for the LEAF.

turbo2ltr said:
Got it, sorry about the hybrid confusion.

So I guess I'm asking where you are getting your info from because their website does not reflect that it would cost anywhere near $300 for the LEAF.

Here is a quick link to AZ MVD AFV info & FAQ.

http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/alternativefuel.asp

Back