Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cyellen said:
Unless Blink can figure out the parking space thing, the whole model is shot - the chargers can't appear as "available" on the app and then not be available because of something as stupid as parking.
I think it can be as simple as having a clear sign that says EV only and parking violation is at risk of being tagged, towed and ticketed. If people see a lame sign with no clear warning, many will ignore it.

It looks like a Blink DCFC station has appeared on the Blink map for the Sears Auto Center at the Superstition Springs Mall on 60 and Power Rd. However, it's showing as inactive so far. Somebody has already updated Plugshare with this, too.

Saw a new Tesla that was charging at the Biltmore Esplanade when we charged the Leaf there tonight. The plug door is so tiny and hidden. Love it. They must have had some trouble registering the car, though, since it didn't have temporary plates, but the guy's name and home address on a printout, taped to the rear windshield. Nice to see more EV's out and about. Still haven't seen a Focus in the wild, CMAX, or PIP.

jspearman said:
Saw a new Tesla that was charging at the Biltmore Esplanade when we charged the Leaf there tonight. The plug door is so tiny and hidden. Love it. They must have had some trouble registering the car, though, since it didn't have temporary plates, but the guy's name and home address on a printout, taped to the rear windshield. Nice to see more EV's out and about. Still haven't seen a Focus in the wild, CMAX, or PIP.
Interesting why a Tesla S would need to charge anywhere but home or at one of their QC stations instead of at a commercial L2 station, where the charging is not free and charging cost is not the cheapest and if they should have plenty of range to cruise around town.

Alternative Fuel Plate question:

Hi, sorry first I need to post this question here. I was considering leasing a LEAF but because of the battery issue, in the end, I leased a FFE from a dealer in California.

I went to MVD this morning and wanted to register my car. Although I couldn't do it because I need to show a copy of the vehicle title, when I brought the Alternative Fuel Plate topic, the lady said "no, the plate is only issued for certain time period and we don't have the plate now". I said this car is a pure electric car and no gasoline at all. After she went back to ask someone, the answer is still the same, no Alternative Fuel Plate for my Focus Electric.

Did anyone know the process to get the Alternative Fuel Plate? Or have you successfully register your LEAF and get the AFP from which MVD office?

Again, I apologize for posting the question here. LEAF is still more popular than FFE in Phoenix. That's why I am asking for help here. Thank you.

You just need to go to a different person. It could be that they aren't "aware" of the FFE yet since I don't think it's officially sold here, so you are likely the first person to go there with one. You may need to make a big stink about it so it gets run up the totem pole.

You could also try calling DMV. You might get some better info. http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/contact.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow! They must still think its a hybrid since the AFV plates for them have run out. For BEVs, there is no limit. I've had the blue plate since the late '90s.

Thank you for the reply. I will try again after I have all documents to register the car.

Currently, I am on 90 days permit. With this permit, can I drive on the HOV lanes?

Thank you.

naterry said:
Alternative Fuel Plate question:

Hi, sorry first I need to post this question here. I was considering leasing a LEAF but because of the battery issue, in the end, I leased a FFE from a dealer in California.

I went to MVD this morning and wanted to register my car. Although I couldn't do it because I need to show a copy of the vehicle title, when I brought the Alternative Fuel Plate topic, the lady said "no, the plate is only issued for certain time period and we don't have the plate now". I said this car is a pure electric car and no gasoline at all. After she went back to ask someone, the answer is still the same, no Alternative Fuel Plate for my Focus Electric.

Did anyone know the process to get the Alternative Fuel Plate? Or have you successfully register your LEAF and get the AFP from which MVD office?

Again, I apologize for posting the question here. LEAF is still more popular than FFE in Phoenix. That's why I am asking for help here. Thank you.

I didn't have to do anything to get the plate. The dealership did all of the paperwork and I just waited for it to show up in the mail. Did they not do that since you bought in CA and live in AZ? You also might want to make sure that they did not charge you for a plate and tags at the dealership if they aren't doing it for you.

I haven't personally seen it and it's not on the blink website or plugshare, but a non-leaf-driving friend of mine said there is a new DCFC at a Shell gas station at the south east corner of Happy Valley and Lake Pleasant Parkway.

skippycoyote said:
I didn't have to do anything to get the plate. The dealership did all of the paperwork and I just waited for it to show up in the mail. Did they not do that since you bought in CA and live in AZ? You also might want to make sure that they did not charge you for a plate and tags at the dealership if they aren't doing it for you.

Yes, because the dealership is in CA, they can't do the registration in AZ. Actually, this is the other story. After I went to one MVD and two third-party offices, I finally got a list of documents I need to register the car in AZ. I was shocked that they didn't have much experience to deal with car leased outside AZ.

Still waiting all documents to be ready.....

Ya and I gave my car back to Nissan in August 2012. I am looking for a new car thinking of the Ford 2014 Fusion Pluging. They say 100 eMPG. Or Maybe the Ford C-MAX pluging not sure I am not in a hurry to buy.

By the way, I notice that the DCFC at the Sears auto center by the Superstition Springs mall (Power & 60) is now shown as operational on the Blink map. I'll be sure to make use of this one next time I visit a relative I have way out there.

Back