[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...I got delivery on 1/5, applied 1/5, got an email confirmation of online application 1/6. And mailed in my paperwork 1/7. But I never got a confirmation about the paperwork arriving. Did everyone else get one? My check did not arrive today.

WWBD said:
Hmmm...I got delivery on 1/5, applied 1/5, got an email confirmation of online application 1/6. And mailed in my paperwork 1/7. But I never got a confirmation about the paperwork arriving. Did everyone else get one? My check did not arrive today.

Yes, Kyle emailed me the morning he received my stuff.

Did get my check today! :D

WWBD said:

We dropped off our paperwork (receptionist date-stamped it and it was then handed to Kyle in person) - we did not get an explicit email after that, but since we didn't have a postal delivery confirmation receipt due to dropping it off, I pinged Kyle some days later and he confirmed receipt.

We did get our check today. If you've got your USPS delivery confirmation receipt, you should be fine, give it another day - mwalsh is in OC, not sure how much further north you are - maybe not every first class letter makes it to LA in 24 hours...

WWBD said:

I didn't get a confirmation when my paperwork arrived either, but I did get my check today. I'm sure you'll have yours tomorrow (maybe it takes a little longer to get into the Valley) ;)

Add to the chorus. Mailed around the 6th. Check arrived today.

Also received my plates this week and mailed in for the HOV+Parking tags.

WWBD said:

I sent my paperwork certified/return receipt, so I KNOW they received it. I can't recall if I got an email saying they got it or if the receipt was enough....I would suggest you call and check on your paperwork.

It would be super cool, in a different world, to go and have a massive (and expensive) LEAF owners blowout weekend at a super luxurious resort hotel! :D But I suppose we should be sensible, and save it towards mundane things like our new car payments. :lol:

Mike, I was thinking yesterday of all the places I want to go! But then sensibility took over and it's just going to pay bills... wah wah waaaahhh

If I still get the money with March delivery, I plan on putting part or the whole credit into a CD and then adding $10-$20 of gas savings every month. When Nissan comes out with a 200 mile battery pack in 3-5 years, I will use these funds.

I'm sure you'll have yours tomorrow (maybe it takes a little longer to get into the Valley) ;)
:D Yeah, Kyle got back to me and let me know everything was cool and mine should arrive by today.

pksd1 said:
If I still get the money with March delivery, I plan on putting part or the whole credit into a CD and then adding $10-$20 of gas savings every month. When Nissan comes out with a 200 mile battery pack in 3-5 years, I will use these funds.

This is a pretty darn sensible plan. Nice work. Is there a type of CD where you can continuously add funds each month? I thought the money all had to go in at the beginning.

WWBD said:
I'm sure you'll have yours tomorrow (maybe it takes a little longer to get into the Valley) ;)
:D Yeah, Kyle got back to me and let me know everything was cool and mine should arrive by today.

pksd1 said:

This is a pretty darn sensible plan. Nice work. Is there a type of CD where you can continuously add funds each month? I thought the money all had to go in at the beginning.

Costco has CapitolOne Money Market account that can help you do that. Very competitive rates too. :)

Hello,

As mentioned last week, their will be a CVRP Working Group teleconference call next Wednesday February 2nd. Below is the agenda and conference call information. We encourage anyone who is interested to call in and learn about the CVRP funding for the FY 2010/2011.

An agenda and rebate summary for the CVRP Work Group teleconference is now posted at:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aqip/cvrp.htm

The Draft Fiscal Year (FY) 2010-11 CVRP Implementation Manual with proposed text revisions will be posted at the same link next week prior to the teleconference.

TELECONFERENCE DATE: Wednesday, February 2, 2011
TIME: 10:00 a.m. to Noon, PST
DIAL-IN NUMBER: 877-917-8933
PASSCODE: 65120

Got my check yesterday. First time the govt. has sent me money instead of the other way around.

I figure the $5K will just about cover the extra $100/month fuel cost for five years, compared to my prius. I'm unfortunately a PG&E customer.

Just deposited my check! Felt good!.

Googler, you're going to end up paying more for fuel with the Leaf than with the Prius? :eek:

There was another thread about this, but yes - I'll pay about twice as much per mile for my Leaf as I would for my Prius. The reasons are extremely complex, based on the nuances of PG&E rate structures, the fact that my roof is not available for photovoltaic system, the fact that I have a solar heater for my pool that needs to run at peak times, and the fact that installing a second meter appears to be infeasible as well.

It's not easy to predict someone's cost to refuel an EV. The market for electricity is too constrained. Luckily I plan to refuel the car at work (I will only drive it as a commute car anyway).

Googler said:
There was another thread about this, but yes - I'll pay about twice as much per mile for my Leaf as I would for my Prius. The reasons are extremely complex, based on the nuances of PG&E rate structures, the fact that my roof is not available for photovoltaic system, the fact that I have a solar heater for my pool that needs to run at peak times, and the fact that installing a second meter appears to be infeasible as well.

It's not easy to predict someone's cost to refuel an EV. The market for electricity is too constrained. Luckily I plan to refuel the car at work (I will only drive it as a commute car anyway).
I posted this in the SCE thread but it gets me crazy with the tiers, TOU etc for at home when a business can run 12 cents winter 20 cents summer unlimited.

Can the pool heat be put on a timer to be on five minutes and off for ten? Not as sun energy efficient but might help the electric.

Center4Energy said:
As mentioned last week, their will be a CVRP Working Group teleconference call next Wednesday February 2nd. Below is the agenda and conference call information. We encourage anyone who is interested to call in and learn about the CVRP funding for the FY 2010/2011.
I listened in to much of the teleconference this morning, and heard a number of interesting things, some of which have been stated here before but are worth confirming.

• To date, commercial electrics, like the delivery trucks Staples got, have gotten well over half of the funds distributed.
  • Starting almost immediately – probably next week – commercial trucks will come out of a separate fund administered by a different agency.
  • $4.7M will be added to the fund and will be available this spring so that up to 1400 more LEAFs can get their $5K rebate.
  • Don't try to negotiate a lease term shorter than three years. You would not be eligible for any rebate if you did.
  • Rental car fleets do not get any of the money this fiscal year, because they don't keep their cars for three years.
  • Despite these improvements, the agency expects to run out of money before the end of the fiscal year, June 30. They will set up a waiting list for FY2011-12.

They expect to get between $10M and $13M for FY2011-12, though it won't be available until some time after the FY begins. However, they will be changing the rules. If you are put on the waiting list the new rules (not yet nailed down) will apply to you. Among the changes they are considering:

• Reduce the payment for LEAF class EV's to somewhere between $2500 and $5000.
  • Make luxury vehicles ineligible. The cutoff might be at $70K MSRP.
  • Eliminate rebates for neighborhood vehicles.
  • Allow rental and ride-sharing companies to participate at a lower rebate level, perhaps $1500.
  • Limit the number of vehicles a corporation can get credit for – perhaps to 50.

Googler said:

Do you work at Google? If so, did they kick in for the LEAF as they do for hybrids? Still trying to get my work to install some charging docks, but still no dice. Hopefully the more they see around the area the better the chance.

planet4ever said:
Among the changes they are considering:

[*] Reduce the payment for LEAF class EV's to somewhere between $2500 and $5000.
OUCH!!! That one is gonna hurt a LOT of us late orderers. I was willing to wait a while to actually get the check, but if it might be cut in half... ???

Oh well,

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back