[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my rebate on Friday, I suspect I was also one of the last rebates. I almost forgot to send in my paperwork so it was 10 days after purchase before I sent the paper work in via priority mail. I wish the folks running the CVRP fund also ran the DMV. I still haven't received my DMV paperwork or plates. I called the DMV on Wednesday (7/13) and they said the stuff went out previous week. Sacramento is not that far away, so far still nothing.

arnold

There may be good news today for those wait-listed, pending additional funds:

The state's Air Resources Board on Thursday will consider a recommendation to provide rebates of $2,500 to about 500 people who have already purchased cars and who were on the waiting list.

The vote would provide additional funds for about 5,500 rebates — also $2,500 — for electric cars and some other types of zero-emission vehicles such as the hydrogen vehicles that some automakers offer through experimental lease programs, said Mary Fricke, spokeswoman for the Air Resources Board.

arnolddeleon said:
I received my rebate on Friday, I suspect I was also one of the last rebates. I almost forgot to send in my paperwork so it was 10 days after purchase before I sent the paper work in via priority mail. I wish the folks running the CVRP fund also ran the DMV. I still haven't received my DMV paperwork or plates. I called the DMV on Wednesday (7/13) and they said the stuff went out previous week. Sacramento is not that far away, so far still nothing.

arnold

Did you get a full $5000 rebate? If so, I'm wondering how you managed that. The funds remaining calculator had already run down to 0 on 6/20, a few days before your pickup date on 6/25. Were there that many drop-outs who had inappropriately made reservations to the fund?

mwalsh said:
There may be good news today for those wait-listed, pending additional funds:

The state's Air Resources Board on Thursday will consider a recommendation to provide rebates of $2,500 to about 500 people who have already purchased cars and who were on the waiting list.

The vote would provide additional funds for about 5,500 rebates — also $2,500 — for electric cars and some other types of zero-emission vehicles such as the hydrogen vehicles that some automakers offer through experimental lease programs, said Mary Fricke, spokeswoman for the Air Resources Board.

They voted the additional funding! YAAY! :)

Hello Everyone,

We here at the California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) and our funding agency at the California Air Resources Board (ARB) want to thank you for taking part in the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). Your transition to a cleaner vehicle will result in a healthier environment for all Californians. We would like to provide all of you on the waiting list with a brief update regarding the CVRP budget, finalized rebate amounts and important next steps for the CVRP.

ARB APPROVES CVRP BUDGET
Last week ARB finalized the budget for the FY 2011-2012 Air Quality Improvement Program, which dictates funding for the CVRP as well as a number of other vehicle incentive programs. The board overwhelmingly voted to approve CVRP project funding for $15 million, with the ability to expand this to $21 million subject to additional revenue. This represents a three-fold increase in funding from the previous year, no doubt as a result of the significant amount of interest in the program.

ARB APPROVES REDUCED REBATE AMOUNTS
Additionally, ARB finalized new maximum rebate amounts for the CVRP listed in the chart below. Please note that all applicants on the waiting list as well as new applicants will be subject to the rebate amounts below. As we have written before, the increase in overall funding and the decrease in individual rebate amounts are measures designed to offer incentives to larger audience throughout the state.

Vehicle Type Maximum Rebate Amount
Light-Duty Zero-Emission Vehicle
Type II, III, IV, or V (range = or >100 miles) $2,500
Type I.5 (range = or >75, <100 miles) $2,000
Type I (range = or >50, <75 miles) $1,500
Light-Duty Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle $1,500
Neighborhood Electric Vehicle $900*
Zero-Emission Motorcycles $900
*Please note that this is the maximum rebate amount. The actual rebate may be smaller based on the MSRP.

CVRP NEXT STEPS
Before checks can be sent out for waiting list applicants a few other formalities must take place. AB 118, the legislation that funds the CVRP directs ARB to competitively bid the administration of the program each year. This process will begin within the next week and will take about a month to complete. Once ARB selects an organization to manage the program and the contract is finalized, it will take approximately one month for FY 2011-2012 funds to be allocated to the CVRP. Once the CVRP administrator has access to FY 2011-2012 funds, they will begin to distribute checks starting with the waitlist applicants first and then moving on to new applicants.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need any further clarification or have any additional questions.

David Almeida
Program Manager, CVRP
[email protected]

Kyle Goedert
Program Assistant, Transportation
[email protected]

For clarification, the LEAF is categorized as a Type II ZEV. It will be eligible for the $2,500 rebate.

Boomer23 said:
The owner of this thread might as well change the title to reflect that the maximum rebate amounts have changed.
Actually ... how about this ... moderators create a new thread (or I will) and then move the above posts starting with post from Center4Energy dated Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:17 pm (the last one on previous page) to the new thread ?

Edit: And maybe un-sticky the old thread, and sticky the new one ? ( I just created it. )

I get delivery in early September. I'm a little confused on the state CVRP fund. A recent L.A. Times article from 7/21 says the $5k payment is gone -- which I obviously know from this informative site. But I thought I read somewhere else that the Fund would be replenished and for those of us who buy from now on, we'd be put on a waiting list and getting the reduced $2500? Is that a "given" or is that only for a certain number? The Times article seemed to make me think it was only for a certain lucky 5500 additional buyers (hopefully including me in my September purchasing group).

Also, this L.A. Times piece mentioned that new models would have a 480 volt fast charging port which would charge in 30 minutes (v. the normal 8 hours). Is this enough to make me hold out for the next generation -- or is it only a mere small advance and the early adoption incentives outweigh it? Does a house need to be wired for 480 volts?

LA Times piece: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/21/business/la-fi-autos-electric-prices-20110721

Any thoughts? Thanks!

rheisler123 said:
I get delivery in early September. I'm a little confused on the state CVRP fund. A recent L.A. Times article from 7/21 says the $5k payment is gone -- which I obviously know from this informative site. But I thought I read somewhere else that the Fund would be replenished and for those of us who buy from now on, we'd be put on a waiting list and getting the reduced $2500? Is that a "given" or is that only for a certain number? The Times article seemed to make me think it was only for a certain lucky 5500 additional buyers (hopefully including me in my September purchasing group).

Also, this L.A. Times piece mentioned that new models would have a 480 volt fast charging port which would charge in 30 minutes (v. the normal 8 hours). Is this enough to make me hold out for the next generation -- or is it only a mere small advance and the early adoption incentives outweigh it? Does a house need to be wired for 480 volts?

LA Times piece: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/21/business/la-fi-autos-electric-prices-20110721

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hello rheisler123,

Let me confirm for you that all applicants on the waiting list as well as new applicants will be receiving the adjusted rebate amounts finalized by ARB last week. For a Nissan LEAF this results in a rebate of $2,500. The author came up with the additional “lucky” 5,500 buyers by taking the total amount of funds of $15M, dividing by the maximum rebate amount of $2,500, and subtracting this by the number of applicants on the waiting list.

Basically $15,000,000 project funds/$2,500 max rebate =6000 potential applicants – 500 waitlist applicants= 5,500 potential rebates remaining. Currently we have about 567 applicants on the list, but you can check the running total in real time on our website https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status.

Regarding the Fast charging port question, from my understanding they are incorporating this port in the standard version of the new model. You always had the option of upgrading on the old model to include this port, but it came at an additional cost. I believe it was $750 but I will let the forum readers correct me if I am wrong.

Best,

David Almeida
Program Manager, Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
[email protected]

So, David, just so I can predict this for those of us planning to get delivery in the near future but haven't yet, is it possible that, given the current velocity of Leaf purchases (I think they've sold about 4400+ this year already), that this fund will include those of us who get delivery and purchase in August, September, etc.? Based on this forecast, is there a way to predict when this fund (at $2500 each) will be depleted for new purchasers, like, say next May 2012, or something?

Just thought I'd put that into the calculus....

Thanks for the answer on the port.

rheisler123 said:
...Also, this L.A. Times piece mentioned that new models would have a 480 volt fast charging port which would charge in 30 minutes (v. the normal 8 hours). Is this enough to make me hold out for the next generation -- or is it only a mere small advance and the early adoption incentives outweigh it? Does a house need to be wired for 480 volts?
The QC port was a $700 option on the 2011 LEAF SL. The 2012 SL includes the port. The SV models do not and cannot have the QC port. The QC port is not (and probably will never be) used in a residential environment because of the power requirements and prohibitive cost of the chargers. They allow for quick charges (30min for 80%) when on the go.

rheisler123 said:
So, David, just so I can predict this for those of us planning to get delivery in the near future but haven't yet, is it possible that, given the current velocity of Leaf purchases (I think they've sold about 4400+ this year already), that this fund will include those of us who get delivery and purchase in August, September, etc.? Based on this forecast, is there a way to predict when this fund (at $2500 each) will be depleted for new purchasers, like, say next May 2012, or something?

Just thought I'd put that into the calculus....

Thanks for the answer on the port.

Your Dealer can tell you if there are funds left for you.. Once they get a VIN they should submit it that day to hold your Rebate.. That's How we were able to reserve our $5000 back in MAY.. So make sure your Sales rep has put your Vin in line for whatever amount of funds are left..

I got my $5000 :) in July.

thew said:
Your Dealer can tell you if there are funds left for you.. Once they get a VIN they should submit it that day to hold your Rebate.. That's How we were able to reserve our $5000 back in MAY.. So make sure your Sales rep has put your Vin in line for whatever amount of funds are left..

For clarification, you are not supposed to apply until the day you take delivery...

"NOTE: Applicants can only apply for the rebate ON or after the day of ownership"

And I don't think dealers are supposed to submit for consumers....

FilmMixer said:
thew said:

For clarification, you are not supposed to apply until the day you take delivery...

"NOTE: Applicants can only apply for the rebate ON or after the day of ownership"

No, you cannot apply until you have a VIN.. Once you have a Vin in your Name you can apply. Thats how it works here.

thew said:
FilmMixer said:

No, you cannot apply until you have a VIN.. Once you have a Vin in your Name you can apply. Thats how it works here.
Incorrect. You must supply a purchase or lease agreement dated on or before the date you apply within 10 days of applying online, otherwise you will be rejected.

https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back