Padlock choices for Nissan's portable EVSE J1772 plug

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife suggested yesterday while we hat lunch at olive garden, to have the car alarm be triggered by some one removing either end based ob the pilot signal if theFOB owner is not present at the car. This will at least cause some attention to the person trying to take EVSE from the car.

sparky said:
JimSouCal said:
When I fly out of LAX again, I will charge level 1 and use this method at one of the main structure 120VAC outlets, for example.
While I like the idea of securing the L1 EVSE electronics, bear in mind that at the ChargePoint stations, the 120V outlet is behind a locking door. So, if you were to plug in and park there for 2-weeks, no one else can use that station's 120V supply until you return and unlock with your CP card. At least with the L2 connection, we can move it from one EV to another. One solution might be to use an extension cord that would allow someone to come along hours/days later and unplug your EVSE and plug in theirs (until you return of course).
There are other accessible outlets...

Back