Package from Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is it, I am sure just people on mailing list or $99 down would not get t-shirts. Just like the private party Nissan and Mark Perry though in Scottsdale, AZ with great food and open bar was on a invite bases. They would go broke having a party at a high end hotel with a open bar for part of the 20,000 people who live in AZ and who put up $99.

So I called Customer Care at 866-213-9187. The person I spoke with said that they were aware of the problem and were "working on it", but he also took down my name, order number, shirt size, slogan I desired, and my phone number. Not sure why he needed all that but not my address.

I should have asked him if everyone needs to call in, or how they are "working on it", but I didn't. Maybe if/when someone else calls they can ask that question.

LBCev said:
I never did get this second promo package from Nissan. Would it be ungracious of me to contact Nissan customer support to ask if they had my correct mailing address? After all, a little swag could go a long way to mollify this impatient future LEAFer. ;)

I got the second package, but never did get the first package - go figure.

JasonT said:
So I called Customer Care at 866-213-9187. The person I spoke with said that they were aware of the problem and were "working on it", but he also took down my name, order number, shirt size, slogan I desired, and my phone number. Not sure why he needed all that but not my address.

I should have asked him if everyone needs to call in, or how they are "working on it", but I didn't. Maybe if/when someone else calls they can ask that question.
I called them as well and he said in 24 to 48 hours they would know what they may do. I think they are trying to find out how much this screw up cost them.

Gonewild said:
That is it, I am sure just people on mailing list or $99 down would not get t-shirts. Just like the private party Nissan and Mark Perry though in Scottsdale, AZ with great food and open bar was on a invite bases. They would go broke having a party at a high end hotel with a open bar for part of the 20,000 people who live in AZ and who put up $99.
Hey gary or people did you or any one else that where at the roll out of the car in there state. Did you guy get a invite to the food and open bar?

My t-shirt arrived today. Right size but wrong slogan for me, too. Still I'm very happy to have my new LEAF shirt!

Wonder when Nissan will finally realize they need to dump Critical Mass and hire new programmers?

When would we give Nissan the month or two of "slack" time to get the new programmer(s) up to speed, write un-buggy code, test it, transfer the database, re-link with the "other" interlocked systems (like AV and EVProject), and replace the present system?

I suspect Nissan is feeling "trapped" at the moment, and hoping the current system can be patched until this round of ordering is over.

Hopefully Nissan has had the resources to start a "parallel" replacement project, but perhaps getting CARWINGS going (for US) is totally consuming their programming resources.

Hi Gary - there may be some even bigger issues. As I mentioned earlier - my T-shirt mailer package came addressed to me with my address on it, proceeded by phone number for a Nissan dealer in Florida. To me - that has the smacking of there being some issues with the customer database too - which could be real trouble.

I don't really care which t-shirt I get. I do care if my car is shipped to someone in Florida!

For what it's worth, the T-shirt is actually a good one, despite the lame slogan. All cotton, thick, and with a nice long trunk so it stays tucked in if you use it as a heavy-duty undershirt as I do in this cold weather.

Rat said:
For what it's worth, the T-shirt is actually a good one, despite the lame slogan. All cotton, thick, and with a nice long trunk so it stays tucked in if you use it as a heavy-duty undershirt as I do in this cold weather.
Really? Mine seemed thin. My Costco undershirts are thicker by far.

It's free and unless you are buying a car you are not paying a dime for it. Just for making a refundable reservation and/or offer to buy one gets a free shirt.

I emailed Customer Care last week. This is the reply I received this morning:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting eCompanyStore.

We truly apologize for sending you the incorrect shirt; we will be sending out a replacement order with the correct shirt.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Best regards,
Customer Care

Rat said:

ORGANIC cotton! :mrgreen:

EVDRIVER said:
It's free and unless you are buying a car you are not paying a dime for it. Just for making a refundable reservation and/or offer to buy one gets a free shirt.
It was part of the non refundable "assessment fee" that we paid

Back