Osama Bin Laden Killed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
downeykp said:
What in the heck does this topic have to do with the Leaf or anything to do with electric vehicles.
Stay on topic. There are other sites to talk politics. Stay focused people.
See the name of the sub-forum ... if you aren't interested, ofcource you don't have to read this thread.

ps : No oil addiction. No Osama, nor 9/11.

LTLFTcomposite said:
As for the specifics of the operation I think most would agree he pretty much delegated the work. The disagreement will be over how much "credit" he gets for putting the machinery in place that got this job done vs his predecessor. I'm inclined to believe the real credit goes to people whose names we'll never know. Who knows the POTUS may not even know.
Carter got quite a bit of flak for the failed mission. Obama would have too, if the mission had failed badly. That is why he gets credit now.

ps : He said during presidential debates that he would take out Osama in Pakistan without seeking Pakistan's permission. He got a lot of heat for that from Clinton supporters. Even during debates with McCain - he said the same thing. McCain said he wouldn't go into Pakistan - since Pak was a sovereign country (how stupid considering Pakistan helps all kinds of terrorists butcher people in other countries and return to a safe haven). You can check TPM or other places, there is plenty of links and videos for all this.

without president bush none of this would have been possible. If he hadnt ignored the presidential directive and other warnings in 2001--I think he was at the ranch pulling weeds--the towers would still be standing.
the man was not good at his job. this one is--is way smarter and cares a whole lot more.

thank you,
President Obama

2832782389_160ea37e6a.jpg

Let’s not forget that not only did we get OBL, but all the intel that could be held on the computers the Navy Seals took from the compound that is now in the hands of the CIA. I can’t wait until they start naming names of all those that were helping him. This is just the beginning.

I just saw on the news that there was another key factor that gave away his location, the US military intercepted a wifi signal from the camp that was attempting to connect repeatedly for many days to the Blink network, it appears Bin Laden was attempting to connect his Blink EVSE and the repeated wifi issues drew attention. He was repeating to a nearby home and they were experiencing network issues and reported it. It must have been cash and carry and he was impatient in waiting for his EV and must have put it in far in advance, he should have just bought a converted unit instead.

One more interesting piece of info, is that the intelligence that led to Osama's compound was obtained with traditional interrogation methods (i.e. waterboarding was not used).
Once again, smarts accomplished where brute force failed.
Ready2plugin said:
Let’s not forget that not only did we get OBL, but all the intel that could be held on the computers the Navy Seals took from the compound that is now in the hands of the CIA. I can’t wait until they start naming names of all those that were helping him. This is just the beginning.

Fabio said:
One more interesting piece of info, is that the intelligence that led to Osama's compound was obtained with traditional interrogation methods (i.e. waterboarding was not used).
Once again, smarts accomplished where brute force failed.

Yes no waterboarding used, but they used psychological methods to drive the detainees insane. They made the detainees constantly check their dashboards multiple times each day to see when their cars would be delivered and moved their delivery dates around. Oh wait I’m sorry, that was me.

EVDRIVER said:
I just saw on the news that there was another key factor that gave away his location, the US military intercepted a wifi signal from the camp that was attempting to connect repeatedly for many days to the Blink network, it appears Bin Laden was attempting to connect his Blink EVSE and the repeated wifi issues drew attention. He was repeating to a nearby home and they were experiencing network issues and reported it. It must have been cash and carry and he was impatient in waiting for his EV and must have put it in far in advance, he should have just bought a converted unit instead.
Don't quit your day job...

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/army-mission-helocopter-was-secret-stealth-black-hawk-050411/

The helicopters that flew the Navy SEALs on the mission to kill Osama bin Laden were a radar-evading variant of the special operations MH-60 Black Hawk, according to a retired special operations aviator.

The helicopter’s low-observable technology is similar to that of the F-117 Stealth Fighter the retired special operations aviator said. “It really didn’t look like a traditional Black Hawk,” he said. It had “hard edges, sort of like an … F-117, you know how they have those distinctive edges and angles — that’s what they had on this one.”

050411tns-downed-chopper-800.JPG

More images:
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/new...n_laden_raid_abbottabad_204595-1.html#gallery

Not spending the time to completely destroy this tail section was probably a big mistake. Lots and lots of money went into designing that, and now others can see and easily copy the technology.

I just saw this on the news last night...a woman was told by a govt. friend THREE years ago that Osama was hiding in a Villa in Pakistan, but no one would listen to her when she told Washington. They showed the actual clip from three years ago showing the woman telling where he was from info she gained from her 'intelligence' friend.

hodad66 said:
LOL. Did you take Bush's poster and just changed the name :lol: :lol:

Esp. note that there is nothing about health care reforms and an item about emergancy response (i.e. Katrina). Infact I don't see anything there that is not a legacy of Bush.

evnow said:
hodad66 said:
LOL. Did you take Bush's poster and just changed the name :lol: :lol:

Esp. note that there is nothing about health care reforms and an item about emergancy response (i.e. Katrina). Infact I don't see anything there that is not a legacy of Bush.

I think that was the point. President Obama got elected with an almost impossible mountain to climb.
Despite that, he managed to avoid a 2nd great depression and to keep a good amount of his electoral promises as well. As a liberal, I wish he had done more, but as a realist, I'm satisfied of his accomplishment.

I have a ton of "hate Bush" graphics that I created while arguing
politics on my local surf forum. Before GW Bush I was basically
apolitical but the rush to war and lies drove me nuts.... :mrgreen:

3206853570_db4759f95d.jpg

Bin Laden is gone - but the assualt on Liberty that started after 9/11 under authoritarian politicians like Bush & Cheney will remain in force much longer. The executive will not easily give up powers acquired - irrespective of the party in power.

Getting Bin Laden - What happened that night in Abbottabad.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/08/110808fa_fact_schmidle#ixzz1TqVJsyhL

Back