O'Reilly's Alternative Fuel Flip

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know who O'Reilly was, other than some news pundit I didn't watch, until very recently when I began listening to the audiobook Killing Lincoln, which is purportedly a non-fiction work that he co-authored. His reading was so bad I gave up after the first disc. Not only did he read it in a melodramatic way that made it seem like a work of fiction, which made me dubious about the veracity of the content, but when he came to the cavalry battles he said Calvary every time instead of cavalry. That destroyed any credibility he still had remaining in my book. (P.S. I'm an independent, generally conservative). It's no big deal for someone to mispronounce a word, but this was not just a mispronunciation. He continually used the wrong word throughout, probably scores of times. It became obvious he didn't know the difference between the two. For someone who has degrees from two Christian colleges (Marist and B.U.) and taught at a religious school and still doesn't know what Calvary means is shameful, and anyone who purports to be expert enough in a topic (i.e. the Civil War era in this case) to write a major non-fiction work on it, this kind of error serves only to prove the person doesn't know what he is talking about and simply is not credible on any topic.

Rat said:
It became obvious he didn't know the difference between the two.

Rat:
Yes. Major contractions such as "sup" bother me also. Do people actually think butchering the English language constitutes being "cool"? Or are they actually incapable of pronunciation of the complete phrase? Some people have been doing that for so long they genuinely do not know the difference.

toasty said:
wow... i never knew he wanted EVs

I watch Bill regularly and he is actually quite pro-environment. He is not really informed on the volt however he understands the more we drill for oil the more it will just be sent overseas and sold at a higher profit by the oil companies. Every time I watch I see a volt or leaf advertised during the commercials.

he is anti government, anti big business, anti big oil, anti big everything. he is an asshole but i do agree with all that. trust me there is still plenty to hate about him

the thing he hates the most is big business making a lot of money while destroying the land. he grew up in an area where big industry pretty much did a number on his home, neighborhood, etc. he maybe rich but he does remember where he came from

Back